Frustrating Former Seahawks

Shane Falco

Reaction score
To recap, we turned one pick that could have been Watt into five picks, which we used on Chris Carson, who retired three years ago, two players who never saw the field for us (McDowell, Tyson), and two awful safeties who hurt us more than the two players who never saw the field (Hill, Thompson). More picks doesn't always equal better.

And they could have taken Chris Carson with their original 7th round pick anyway.

Rat

Reaction score
The issue with Curry isn't that we made a big reach or took someone that other teams wouldn't have, but a lot of number of us were asking at the time, what was the upside? Curry was an off-ball LB; there's a reason they don't go THAT early. He was going to have a be a perennial first-team All- Pro to be worth anywhere near that kind of investment (keep in mind this was under the old CBA where highly-regarded rookies were paid like star players). Still, I was Team Crabtree (although I had been warming up to Sanchez) for that draft, but I thought Curry would at least be solid. I guess that goes to show there's always an element of risk, even if the guy appears to have a high floor.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Aaron Curry, what a punch in the gut he was. How perfect that he was drafted under Tim Ruskell and Jim Mora.
In all fairness, that draft class could have been one of the worst ever and who ever we picked was probably going to be a dud, just like all the duds everyone else picked. Not saying there wasn't anyone, but by far, it was a bad draft year for everyone .

JPatera76

Reaction score
Can we do post NFL career? Because I know my frustrating “seahawk”

cymatica

Reaction score
I just thought of another one: Kelly Jennings.

Wow, I hated that guy just cause he sucked so bad. 1st round pick to boot.
That was the first player that came to my mind. No one more frustrating to watch. He would be plastered all over his receiver every time could never break up a pass.

Rat

Reaction score
I just thought of another one: Kelly Jennings.

Wow, I hated that guy just cause he sucked so bad. 1st round pick to boot.
Jennings at least was instrumental in shutting down T.O. in that playoff victory over the Cowboys where like our entire secondary was hurt. That was the one where we had to sign Pete Hunter off the street and throw him to the wolves.

He never developed further for whatever reason. Guy could stick to a wideout like glue, but I swear my grandmother had better ball skills.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Josh Brown. Most annoying kicker personality wise I've ever seen, aren't they usually sort of cool and quirky or dgaf? Weird guy.

Rat

Reaction score
Josh Brown. Most annoying kicker personality wise I've ever seen, aren't they usually sort of cool and quirky or dgaf? Weird guy.
It was nearly worse. Remember when we brought in Jeff Reed?

I never liked how much of a pass Brown got with fans for the two missed FGs in the Super Bowl. Yeah, they were long kicks, but that's what he's being paid millions for.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I wanted so badly for Koren Robinson to be good... alas, it never happened.
Koren had all the tools, he was the Seahawks version of Smoak. Every year was the year he finally puts it all together on the field, only to not do that. If I remember right we picked him super high also. Holmgren did a lot of good things, but he also missed on some first rounders.

Last edited:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
So, the front office should have known that he was gonna' go do that? ^^^^
Not sure what you mean, I certainly didn't say anything to imply that the front office should have foreseen anything regarding McDowell's injury.

OP asked for former Seahawks that were frustrating and his stupidity sure frustrated me.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Thomas Rawls. Came out of nowhere and for about half a season it looked like we had Marshawn Lynch's replacement locked in. Got hurt and seemed to be a shadow of the player. Not sure if it was confidence or just being unable to make cuts anymore but it was super frustrating.

Prosise- had a stormer of a game against the patriots and I thought we had a potential great weapon on our hands. Think he got hurt that game and then was always hurt and never seemed to flash when healthy.

Jimmy Graham- big trade, big contract and we never really used him like the Saints did. Asking him to block when he couldn't. Showed a couple of flashes but was nothing like the player the Saints had and we gave away Max Unger for him. I don't think the Seahawks have ever replaced him.

Oly

Reaction score
I'm not that frustrated by busts like Curry or guys unlucky with injuries like Tubbs. That just happens in sports. I'm frustrated by players being assholes and/or making stupid decisions. That's why Malik McDowell is an easy #1 from me.

If we can vote for coaches, then Jim Mora deserves a mention in this thread.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Eskridge
LJ Collier
Cody Barton
Christine Michael
Lawrence Jackson
Jeremy Stevens
Chris McIntosh
Lamar King

Plenty of frustating players topped off with being cheated out of one Superbowl & throwing another away.

Rat

Reaction score
As far as Pete and John, I will never agree that they had any way of knowing that Malik Mcdumba** would go do that crap on his own.
I agree to an extent; like I seriously doubt anyone had intel indicating that McDowell was the level of moron who would ride an ATV without a helmet shortly after signing a multi-million dollar contract. That being said, I think it's telling that Schneider and Carroll reportedly viewed the incident as a cautionary tale and dramatically altered their draft process as a result, rather than just throwing up their arms and saying "well, nobody could have seen THAT coming!". There must have been something in the evaluation process that they felt they either overlooked or didn't give enough importance to. It might have just been a case where certain kinds of people seem to be a magnet for trouble.

cheese22

Reaction score
Not for anything negative, just because I really thought they would be really good:
Dee Eskridge
Jesse Williams

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Alex Banister.

I just caught the tale end of the infamous “we want the ball and we’re gonna score” wildcard game and I was reminded of Banister running the wrong route. Hasselbeck was expecting a precise amount of steps, stop and turn for the ball and the bonehead took too many steps and it was an easy Pick 6.

Plus besides that he was a big fat “meh” WR.

Latest posts