Free Agent Wish List (your top 6)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I would rather see the FO build through the draft or re-sign our own, especially Maxwell. If you look at the roster, depth for the pass rush would be the only area I'd look at FAs, Schofield will need to be replaced or re-signed, but a few others would be nice. DLine depth is present on the roster but finding a genuine 3 tech remains a work in progress.

Boycie

Reaction score
I don't think we will make a splash in FA. I think we may pick up some depth players, but that is all. We are going to try to build through the draft, and keep our core together. I think that the FO plan is to have the core, and then fill the holes with rookies on entry level contracts. To me, I think that is the way to go. But, if I could get one guy, I would go with Fitz. We need a true #1, and I can't imagine how good RW's numbers would look with a guy like that on the field as a weapon for him.

jblaze

Reaction score
Unfortunately with our current salary cap situation, we won't be able to afford any of those top 6.

We're pretty locked up money wise with the impending extensions of Wagner, RW and potentially Lynch. If you look at the dollars, that doesn't leave a lot of room unless you start cutting people like Lynch, Mebane or Miller who have decent dead money amounts.

We've committed to our core and we're pretty much set and won't be players in FA except for some role players probably. There just isn't the money there even with the salary cap going up 10m this year.

Personally, I'm good with it. Keep our core in tact, reward our own and draft for cheap talent. I think this years draft is key to keeping our window of opportunity open. We have a ton of picks and JS/PC will find some gems.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2dia9sjd said:
This isn't madden. Not a single guy listed will be signed. We will likely try to keep our own and draft for need.

Agree. I'm not going to waste my time drooling over someone I know is never going to be a Seahawk.

vonstout

Reaction score
DT's: Cedric Thorton (Phi) and/or Kenrick Ellis (Jets). We need more depth at DT and it would allow us to keep Bennett at DE.

WR: Cecil Shorts or Britt. I don't know that either will get huge contracts and both would be good additions.

DE: Derrick Morgan could be someone that could flourish in Seattle. I don't know that we need a DE, but we weren't as deep this year as we were last year. If they don't go after one of the DT's listed above, then Bennett can move inside and have Morgan at DE.

I think all of these guys would be in a price range that we could afford.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3jeqsqoq said:
We know we need help on the D Line, WR and at TE. We are also going to need to sign a back up quarterback. This is stricktly a wish list of 6 players that youd love to have period. No reason to over think your choices for salary cap purposes although salary cap talk would be fun as well. I want to do what I can to move on from Sunday and thought maybe this would be a good way to kind of get excited about the prospects. Ive listed my top 6 below and even getting 1 or 2 of these would really excite me. I have not included our own free agents however.

1. Justin Houston
2. Ndamukong Suh
3. Dez Bryant
4. Demarious Thomas
5. Jordan Cameron
6. Nick Fairley

Im sure some of these guys Ive listed would come with tepid applause but Ive weighed ceiling, athletic ability and elite status which I think combined makes all these guys legit wishes. You are welcome to provide a more realistic list as I know this is a pipe dream and in no could we afford all of the guys.

If we could only get 1 or 2 (if even that many) Id be happy with Cameron and Fairley

I dont want to spin the tires on Miller again as I feel his injuries are too much of a liability

I like the thought of Cameron & Suh. BR has a report that Cameron wants out of Cleveland pretty bad.

Hyak

Reaction score
Britt's intriguing but he's a nut job off the field and he drops way too many passes. He literally played himself off the team in Tennessee with so many drops in 2013.

He'll tease you with some great plays but in this offense he's way to hit or miss. I feel the same way about Hakeem Nicks although he's less of a nut job.

chris98251

Reaction score
How about a caveat of under 5 million a year added to this thread, thats probably more realistic given the amount of signings of our own we need to do.

cacksman

Reaction score
JTB":31wcixc0 said:
Britt's intriguing but he's a nut job off the field and he drops way too many passes. He literally played himself off the team in Tennessee with so many drops in 2013.

He'll tease you with some great plays but in this offense he's way to hit or miss. I feel the same way about Hakeem Nicks although he's less of a nut job.

Britt is much more talented than Nicks. Nicks couldn't even do anything even with Luck and Indy's pass happy scheme.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Kamcussionator":1g1if5cz said:
If I'm Fitz, I'm going to the Patriots. No use for me in Seattle.

Really? Did you watch the Super Bowl? He's got to think if Russ can do that with a big UDFA WR without throwing him a pass all season, imagine what he can do with me.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
cacksman":hrm31dsm said:
JTB":hrm31dsm said:

Britt is much more talented than Nicks. Nicks couldn't even do anything even with Luck and Indy's pass happy scheme.

Ive always liked Britt its just that hes been injured. As far as him playing himself out of Tennessee Jermaine Kearse couldnt catch off Locker either. I didnt watch all the St Louis games but Britt seemed to do fairly well.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Like someone mentioned, I'd like Walter Thurmond back. We need a small shifty corner who can cover the smaller receivers (ex. Edelman, etc).

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
All my chips are on Suh. Not likely, but a pocket collapsing from the sides AND the middle, the LOB would be feasting. Make it so!

Draft offense.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1moxshnb said:
Everyone outside of Seattle hates our team, might as well pick up Ndamukong Suh add to the hatred and talent.

Can you imagine a line that consists of Suh, Bennet, Avril, Williams, and Irvin...thats just nasty

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":ea0hrhmc said:
Unlike the thread starter, I'll post realistic free agents.

Kenny Britt
Wes Welker
Dwayne Harris (could fill the void at punt and kick returner)
Charles Clay (ton of upside)
JPP
Sheard
Tramon Williams

Tramon Williams is a pretty good corner...although he is 31

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Kamcussionator":2dl0uvaf said:
If I'm Fitz, I'm going to the Patriots. No use for me in Seattle.

I could also see him going to the Vikings for obv reasons

Latest posts