Four 2-2 NFCW teams after this weekend?

sutz

Reaction score
So winning sucks because the draft picks won't be as good? What a strange way to look at your team. We won, but we're gonna' lose soon, you just watch! blah blah blah
Typical Debbie take that we see so often. After they win a game: But, it was ONLY x team......so it's not good enough.
I call them "Nice win, but" posters. ;)

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Doesnt everybody want them to fail this year though? What good is 6 to 8 wins?
No people don't want their football team to fail. That's absurd. The collective here that want to tank for higher draft picks are not only poor Seahawks fans, but poor sports in general. There's a reason why tanking can be penalized by the league. It's against the rules and against the integrity of the game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So basically, we all know and expect a rebuild season. But then guys like Pitt can't just accept that 6-8 wins would be around expectation.
Then you get to be told that you are "ok with losing" if you don't expect them to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl every season.
The team will be average a best. Then get mad when are exactly that.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Hey, can we all just agree that the Cardinals and Rams are in last place!!!
Good thing Russ and the Broncos took care of the 49ers and kept them from getting a step up on the Seahawks!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Coming weekend:

49ers - @ Panthers
Ram - Cowboys
Cardinals - Eagles
Seahawks - @ Saints

We of course need to take care of our own business and beat New Orleans. Can Arizona handle a 4-0 Eagles? 9ers can probably handle the lowly 1-3 Panthers, Hard to predict Ram vs Cowboys, but Cowboys are pretty hot of late.

All goes well, we and the 9ers may be 3-2, with Rams and Zona 2-3. When that happens, we will meet our first milestone! Experts and some on .net predicted the team a 3 win max season.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Message boards have created these types of fans
I can't fathom any desire stronger than pulling for my team to win, even if it blew up my public summertime message board stance on what the team was going to be.
Yet here we are
Our egos get the best of us far too often it seems
You guys just don’t understand nuance and live with your green and blue glasses on 24/7. Or maybe you’re just incapable of understanding or feeling anything other than black/white emotiobs. All or nothing. The fact that many of you continue to attribute it to “not wanting to be wrong about our predictions” proves that you don’t have a clue what people are saying in the first place. You just make it about something else do you can feign your shock and outrage.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Message boards have created these types of fans
I can't fathom any desire stronger than pulling for my team to win, even if it blew up my public summertime message board stance on what the team was going to be.
Yet here we are
Our egos get the best of us far too often it seems
You should look up the definition of mixed emotions or bittersweet. People can be happy their team is doing well and still be concerned over the long term impact of meaningless wins. Some people are capable of it. I suspect though that the way you interpret our actions is projection because you aren’t capable of it so you assume no one can and then blstger about as if the myopic way you look at things is the way everyone must think.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
No people don't want their football team to fail. That's absurd. The collective here that want to tank for higher draft picks are not only poor Seahawks fans, but poor sports in general. There's a reason why tanking can be penalized by the league. It's against the rules and against the integrity of the game.
Here’s more bs. Nobody here that I’ve seen has suggested tanking. That’s just you guys putting words in our mouths so you can poopoo us because you can’t comprehend the concept of feeling more than one way about something.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Fun fact: The Seahawks have never drafted #1 overall. As they lost a coin in the 1976 season with the other expansion team Bucs who drafted Lee Roy Selmon. And the Seahawks took defensive tackle Steve Niehaus. Lee Roy Selmon is the NFL hall of fame.

The Seahawks have drafted #2 overall twice, and #3 overall three times.

The other teams that have also never drafted #1 overall are the Broncos, Jags and Ravens.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Here’s more bs. Nobody here that I’ve seen has suggested tanking. That’s just you guys putting words in our mouths so you can poopoo us because you can’t comprehend the concept of feeling more than one way about something.
Someone didn't read the post I quoted.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Someone didn't read the post I quoted.
Someone didn't understand the quote they quoted. Wanting them to fail isn't tanking. Tanking is the team deliberately losing, which again, I haven't seen anyone suggest.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
You should look up the definition of mixed emotions or bittersweet. People can be happy their team is doing well and still be concerned over the long term impact of meaningless wins. Some people are capable of it. I suspect though that the way you interpret our actions is projection because you aren’t capable of it so you assume no one can and then blstger about as if the myopic way you look at things is the way everyone must think.

This is where you are in disagreement with the board

Wins this year aren't meaningless

There are more than two desired outcomes in a season sometimes: its not always Super Bowl or 1-16

There can be value in a young team competing for a spot all the way to the end of the season, battling for a playoff berth even if they fall short

High draft picks dont always pan out either. Pick #3 isnt always better than pick #9

You talk about not falling into black and white thinking. Perhaps you should take your own advice

CallMeADawg

Reaction score

There are more than two desired outcomes in a season sometimes: its not always Super Bowl or 1-16

There can be value in a young team competing for a spot all the way to the end of the season, battling for a playoff berth even if they fall short

High draft picks dont always pan out either. Pick #3 isnt always better than pick #9

You talk about not falling into black and white thinking. Perhaps you should take your own advice
I just moved on and used the ignore feature. Totally agree with your take here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because doom and gloom for 24/7, and assuming the worst 24/7 is SO much better than enjoying the season.
Everything sucks, pete sucks, the defense sucks, geno sucks, the front office sucks, the team needs to lose all their games for a better draft pick, blah blah blah

Where's the "glum" photo when you need it?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

Again, projecting your limitations on posts that don't say what you claim they say and then thinking you have a gotcha. I've never said anything similar to "SB or 1-16", that's just you making up my argument so you think you can make a point. I've also said repeatedly that my goal for the team was to be competitive by the end of the year with all the experience the youngsters are getting and to come together as a team with a new generation of leaders. Something you continuously ignore when you present "my opinion" through your lens.

High draft picks are inherently more valuable, especially in the top 10. Which with the current standings we are right on the edge of. If I had to choose between picking 6th or 16th in a rebuilding year, I'd want 6 every time. Regardless if the player pans out, I'd rather have the more valuable pick, especially considering how well the FO did this year.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Yeah, because doom and gloom for 24/7, and assuming the worst 24/7 is SO much better than enjoying the season.
Everything sucks, pete sucks, the defense sucks, geno sucks, the front office sucks, the team needs to lose all their games for a better draft pick, blah blah blah

Where's the "glum" photo when you need it?
See, you guys consistently assume I'm not enjoying the season. Just because I can be objective about the long term for the team doesn't mean that I am not enjoying it. I'm still wearing my gear, still betting on them, still going to two games, one of which is up there so it's a pricey trip, still supporting them. Just because you can't conceive of being nuanced doesn't mean others can't either.