Four 2-2 NFCW teams after this weekend?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I don't think that's the word you want to use. I'm not downplaying it at all. They've earned their wins and have played well against other bad teams. The only good team they played was never even close. I'm just being realistic about the state of the team and looking past this season. Anyone thinking this is a competitive team and/or has playoff chances and/or isn't in a major rebuild is either vastly overplaying their wins or is going full ostrich.
Citing tiebreakers multiple times today to make sure we ALL know Seattle isnt really in first place

Super petty

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Again, realistic.
Translation: you predicted the team would be awful this year and you're one of the many who'd rather be "right" rather than the team having success. So you dig your heels in to the end. There's a few of you on here.

Strange world we live in

Enjoy your "realism"

Peace

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Again, realistic.
Realities? realistic? Here you go:

Our QB is at least top 5 in the league, or #1, depends on which analytics.
Our offense is top 12, or higher, again, depends on which analytics.
Our special team is as highly ranked if not higher than our offense.
Our defense is the worst in the league, no doubt about it.

So far, our offense carried the awful defense to a 2-2 record. I am cheering my team ON, that is call a fan, not being unrealistic, I will continue to cheer until Pete and Geno raise the Lombardy trophy or till Geno's glass slippers fall off. I am proud and happy for our team to overcome so much to be 2-2, that is reality.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
People use 'I'm just being realistic' as a nice way to say they are negative people. Just like people say 'I'm just being honest' because it sounds better than 'I'm just an *ssh*le'.

Being negative is not any more or less 'realistic' than being positive, we just say that because nobody wants to be the guy who got their hopes up and gets let down. We've got reasons to be positive and reasons to be negative.

But the facts are the team is 2-2 and has the same record as every other NFC West team. We are officially just as in the playoff hunt right now as any other NFC team with a 2-2 record. That's the only true fact. Everything else is just us guessing.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
People use 'I'm just being realistic' as a nice way to say they are negative people. Just like people say 'I'm just being honest' because it sounds better than 'I'm just an *ssh*le'.

Being negative is not any more or less 'realistic' than being positive, we just say that because nobody wants to be the guy who got their hopes up and gets let down. We've got reasons to be positive and reasons to be negative.

But the facts are the team is 2-2 and has the same record as every other NFC West team. We are officially just as in the playoff hunt right now as any other NFC team with a 2-2 record. That's the only true fact. Everything else is just us guessing.

Exactly. Saying "I'm realistic" when I disagree with you is, whether intended or not (but probably is), meant as an insult to your intelligence and ability to actually see the world correctly, i.e., "my way." It needs to be abandoned in discussions like this.

It's realistically your opinion, but not necessarily based on objective fact, that is, "realism."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, there's a difference between not having high expectations and just wanting them to fail. All so you can be "right" about the team.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Reality is, block those idiots...ha. No more crappy posts, it's like magic.

Last edited:

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Translation: you predicted the team would be awful this year and you're one of the many who'd rather be "right" rather than the team having success. So you dig your heels in to the end. There's a few of you on here.

Strange world we live in

Enjoy your "realism"

Peace
You can apply what you think my feelings and motives are all you want so you can have some useless gotcha moment. Let's revisit this in 6-8 weeks when we run the gauntlet of good teams instead of 3 bottom dwelling teams that we played well against, at least on offense. See how things are going then.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Realities? realistic? Here you go:

Our QB is at least top 5 in the league, or #1, depends on which analytics.
Our offense is top 12, or higher, again, depends on which analytics.
Our special team is as highly ranked if not higher than our offense.
Our defense is the worst in the league, no doubt about it.

So far, our offense carried the awful defense to a 2-2 record. I am cheering my team ON, that is call a fan, not being unrealistic, I will continue to cheer until Pete and Geno raise the Lombardy trophy or till Geno's glass slippers fall off. I am proud and happy for our team to overcome so much to be 2-2, that is reality.
Against bottom dwelling teams, yes. The only good team we played stomped us. You bag on me for taking into account the level of our competition and say I'm just trying to push my narrative while simultaneously pushing Geno for MVP and SB expectations. you can't comprehend the idea of a fan who isn't fully vested in rose colored glasses therefore you ascribe motives that aren't there. I have never rooted for them to fail, I'm just objective (for those of you ascribing bs motives to the use of the word realistic, because again you need to do that to feel good about yourself) of their place in this year's league. Fandom doesn't mean fingers in ears to any criticism or objective judgments.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Wow man, you can't just enjoy some wins?
Of course I enjoy them, especially week 1. But they're bittersweet because I know each win affects next season negatively. I want players with all our draft picks next year because that strategy WORKED this year. I don't want to bundle 2 firsts to move up to get who they want, I want two first round ballers. Going full ostrich doesn't make you a better fan any more than being objective about the team makes me less of a fan. I've been a die hard since day 1 and have suffered through many terrible and many more terribly mediocre seasons. I know the signs and while I think it's dismal this year, our season should be on a steady rise and we'll be poised to be very competitive next season. But sticking my head in the ground and ignoring the low quality teams we've played and thinking we'll do the same against the gauntlet of good team we have coming up is absurd to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So winning sucks because the draft picks won't be as good? What a strange way to look at your team. We won, but we're gonna' lose soon, you just watch! blah blah blah
Typical Debbie take that we see so often. After they win a game: But, it was ONLY x team......so it's not good enough.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
So winning sucks because the draft picks won't be as good? What a strange way to look at your team. We won, but we're gonna' lose soon, you just watch! blah blah blah
Typical Debbie take that we see so often. After they win a game: But, it was ONLY x team......so it's not good enough.
speechless isn't it?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
speechless isn't it?
Message boards have created these types of fans
I can't fathom any desire stronger than pulling for my team to win, even if it blew up my public summertime message board stance on what the team was going to be.
Yet here we are
Our egos get the best of us far too often it seems

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
This team could well end up with 5 wins, or could improve on defense and end up going 9-8.

The arrogance of thinking you already know what the end will be at this point in the season is a fool's errand. Nobody on this board has that kind of prescience, even if they are a "true football fan." There's nothing "realistic" about it.

Realistically, only one team will win the SB. Chances are not good the Seahawks will be that team. But our chances are much better for making the playoffs this far into the season than they were 5 weeks ago.

On Geno! On Penny! On Metcalf! On Brooks! On Diggs! Etc. Go Seahawks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No way man. Everything Sucks! All the Players Suck! The Front Office Sucks!!!! Winning Sucks!!! Geno Sucks!!! Pete Sucks!!! We have to dwell on Russ and Adams for the next 27 years!!! :cool:

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Lots of film breakdowns out there of Geno's performance. Some posters care more about being right in their minds than to be open to the possibility that Geno is doing something drastically better than he has in his past chance at starting in the league. Similarly these breakdowns show how Geno's strengths are a very good fit for the Waldron offense. Sure the competition hasn't been the best yet, but the mechanics of Geno's game can still be evaluated fairly with the tape already there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has been a nice surprise, I couldn't have been more wrong. But I will also STILL say I need to see it against really defenses. And hopefully we will see it.