For those who still want to trade Russ...

Tusc2000

Reaction score
There is a large ocean I would like you to wade into.

Rat

Reaction score
We havn't been winning with him either, and we don't have the means to add more good pieces around him, while he is still in his prime.

I can't imagine anyone who thinks we should look at moving him made it contingent on Geno Smith playing well.

Fade

Reaction score
Rat":2t1wobmr said:
We havn't been winning with him either, and we don't have the means to add more good pieces around him, while he is still in his prime.

I can't imagine anyone who thinks we should look at moving him made it contingent on Geno Smith playing well.

You'd be surprised. IQ levels have been dropping in this country for years.

With that, anyone looking to trade a franchise QB in his prime is also a special kind of stupid as well.

You just have to look around the league, and its history.

The Dolphins have been looking for 20 years post Marino.

The Jets have been looking for 50 years post Namath.

The Bears have been looking for 70+ years.

The Seahawks have only found 1 in 45+ years, and so on and so on.

Where people need to focus is the current regime and head of football operations. Instead, out of desperation some are looking to trade a HoF QB in his prime. In some sort of fool's hope that that will somehow fix it. It won't. The regime sucks, until that gets fixed regardless of who is at QB the teams is going to continue to get worse.

OP
OP
T

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Rat":3nqf0oer said:

We haven't been winning with him, RAT? What do you call 12-4 last year? Oh right, we started this season 2-2 with him before he went down. You're so right! That's not winning is it?!

And I can't imagine anyone who thinks adding a lesser QB with more pieces around him would give us a better team. Ask the Patriots if they have a better team today or in 2019, LOL

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rat":11uvh88p said:

Wow! Have you only been following the Seahawks this year? :34853_doh:

xray

Reaction score
He's Seahawks history this time next year anyway .

hawker84

Reaction score
Rat":3nxf8rlg said:

Name one QB who would be as successful as RW behind this s**t show of a line, not to mention the current coaches and scheme, past or present? You could bring in Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, and Walter Payton all at the same time in their prime, and it wouldn't matter, because Carroll will still be coaching, and he'll still be putting subpar offensive and defensive linemen in the trenches.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thank for the Friday morning laugh.

We haven't been winning with Russ :dummy: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh and look, Xray telling us Russ is history after this season. Oh wait, he told us he was gone this year. Keep trying.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":1pbjun0y said:

Can you give me an example of a top 5, or even top 10 QB with two years left on his contract forcing his way out of his current team?

Doesn't happen. 2022 off season when Russ tells Pete and John he's not signing an extension so you better trade me now before I hit free agency?

Sure, that's when Russell will have enough leverage to get the exit ball rolling. But that's not this year, and it's not next year.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lt5hcge said:
xray":1lt5hcge said:

Can you give me an example of a top 5, or even top 10 QB with two years left on his contract forcing his way out of his current team?

Doesn't happen. 2022 off season when Russ tells Pete and John he's not signing an extension so you better trade me now before I hit free agency?

Sure, that's when Russell will have enough leverage to get the exit ball rolling. But that's not this year, and it's not next year.
Well they definitely thought about trading him in the off-season.
If anyone is arrogant and stupid enough to trade a franchise QB it is PC/JS.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":3blrj47q said:
Sgt. Largent":3blrj47q said:
xray":3blrj47q said:

Well they definitely thought about trading him in the off-season.
If anyone is arrogant and stupid enough to trade a franchise QB it is PC/JS.

What evidence of what transpired this last off season gave you this conclusion?

Elite NFL franchise QB's are the hardest and most important player to get in all of professional sports. You don't just trade one away unless you're forced to.

And as I said Russell has NO leverage until the off season of 2023 when he's in the last year of his deal and it's extension talk time........and even then Pete and John can hold the franchise tag over his head if Russell wants to play hardball with demands.

Until then, get ready for more floated unhappy rumors and "I don't want to be traded but if you did here are my new 6 1/2 teams I'd like to be traded to but to be clear I love Seattle" nonsense.

Rat

Reaction score
hawker84":z0763p90 said:
Rat":z0763p90 said:

Name one QB who would be as successful as RW behind this s**t show of a line

I can name two in our division alone: Murray and Stafford. Russ makes our OL look worse than it is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And another off season of Russ hates Seattle, Russ is a Diva blah blah blah. And you gotta' love the classics, people literally making stuff up w/zero proof of it. Joy

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":1jv32ip7 said:
Rat":1jv32ip7 said:

You'd be surprised. IQ levels have been dropping in this country for years.

With that, anyone looking to trade a franchise QB in his prime is also a special kind of stupid as well.

You just have to look around the league, and its history.

The Dolphins have been looking for 20 years post Marino.

The Jets have been looking for 50 years post Namath.

The Bears have been looking for 70+ years.

The Seahawks have only found 1 in 45+ years, and so on and so on.

Where people need to focus is the current regime and head of football operations. Instead, out of desperation some are looking to trade a HoF QB in his prime. In some sort of fool's hope that that will somehow fix it. It won't. The regime sucks, until that gets fixed regardless of who is at QB the teams is going to continue to get worse.

Maybe Wilson can trade Pete.. that will fix everything... LMAO!!!!!!!!!

LTH

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":277qx6i4 said:
And another off season of Russ hates Seattle, Russ is a Diva blah blah blah. And you gotta' love the classics, people literally making stuff up w/zero proof of it. Joy
You dont think there was any friction between Russ and the team in the offseason? I guess Pete made that up. Weird that Russ never came out and said it was all a media fabrication. Youd think hed want to clear his name.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":zxxjhpcs said:
hawker84":zxxjhpcs said:
Rat":zxxjhpcs said:

Name one QB who would be as successful as RW behind this s**t show of a line

I can name two in our division alone: Murray and Stafford. Russ makes our OL look worse than it is.

The Hawks line this year has ranked anywhere from #15 in the league to #20 week to week.

So the narrative that Russell's always running for his life because his O-line is the worst in the league is flat out not true.

He's been behind an average line, and he is partly responsible for the hits, hurries and sacks. What makes Russell great is also what gets him hit more than most QB's get hit, extending plays.

Even the biggest Russell apologist can't deny that.

Doesn't mean the O-line couldn't be better, but it does mean it's not the worst ever narrative.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Never said there wasn't friction. Just massively blown out of proportion. I don't need to make up stuff about a player if I don't like him. You know, like Rat and many others do.

But I'll bite. Russ hates Seattle. Everything sucks. Season is Over.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1gn99cj8 said:
There is a large ocean I would like you to wade into.
So you want people who want to trade Russ to die? Ok kinda crazy but really just say you all should die because you disagree with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hgmfv7fu said:
Never said there wasn't friction. Just massively blown out of proportion. I don't need to make up stuff about a player if I don't like him. You know, like Rat and many others do.

Interesting. So, who in the media called him a "diva" then? Who said "he hates Seattle"? If it was as ubiquitous as you claim, it shouldn't be difficult to find a few sources backing that claim up.

And I know you wont. Because you're just projecting yet again. But after you don't find any sources, you should reflect on the irony of making things up about how the media makes things up.