Florio predicts Bezos will own Hawks

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bezos would make a great owner but the Allen family have been high quality stewards of the franchise. It’s a good situation to be in as a Hawk fan

Mad Dog

Reaction score
This is a myth. He had a quarter milliion dollars from his parents in 1995. That's about half a million bucks now. That's privilege, not "literally nothing."

That's less money than Trump started with from his family and your country put him in the freaking White House.

There are many people I would hate to own the Hawks and Bezos isn't really one of them. He's not necessarily my first choice but he'd be ahead of so many other people. He's way more likely to be Robert Kraft than Dan Snyder IMO.

nanomoz

Reaction score
That's less money than Trump started with from his family and your country put him in the freaking White House.

There are many people I would hate to own the Hawks and Bezos isn't really one of them. He's not necessarily my first choice but he'd be ahead of so many other people. He's way more likely to be Robert Kraft than Dan Snyder IMO.
It doesn't get worse than Snyder.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If we had a concern that an owner would run the franchise more as an investment than to build a winner, bringing in Bezos as the owner would make you nervous. Ask anyone that worked/works at Amazon. Look at how they handle procurement or travel.
He isn't Snyder, but spend-wise (not counting the weird stuff Snyder might have been doing) it could be very Snyderesque.
We could do worse but the track record makes you nervous.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
that will wear off quickly when you realize he tries to squeeze pennies out of his "product", treats his lower level employees like shit, and creates a culture of greed and selfishness

Like literally everything else in North America, right?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Please - keep this guy completely away from the Hawks. I really really really do not want him as an owner. Might actually lose me as a fan if/because of it.

He is not the answer to ANY PROBLEM that you have, or that the Seahawks have. I buy c*ap from AZ because I have to for logistical reasons. Period.

hawks85

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with number one. I think he would keep the team in Seattle.

As far as #2 .... I think his ego and need for control would render his competitiveness a liability, not an asset.
This parasite cheated on his own wife, if you think for one second he would keep the team here, you are sadly mistaken.

Lennie

Reaction score
This parasite cheated on his own wife, if you think for one second he would keep the team here, you are sadly mistaken.

Now that I think about it, how about MacKenzie Scott as the new owner?​

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I for one welcome the name change to the dick rockets, you have to take some bad with the good.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sorry, dot net, I’m just a few billions short.

Otherwise, I could be the next owner.

Anyone, care, to spot me about 30 billion or so??

Dot net knows, I’m good for it!!!

Lol

hawkpride

Reaction score
Beastmode, and a group of ex players along with some others (such as Malkamore. sp?) need to get together and buy the Hawks. They love the team, that's what is needed for any owner, love the team first. Not the money.

cymatica

Reaction score

That was less about Trump and more about who he ran against. The same would apply here, it's a lesser of 2 evils kind of thing

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
no, but i've had friends that have worked for amazon. the richest company in america, yet it treats it's employees like disposable cattle. bezos is a union-buster and has a monopoly over online retailers and has put thousands of small business owners out of business.

uhhh what? Everyone I know that works there makes six figures and even more on stock options. If you work in the Amazon warehouse that might suck but that's a no skill job. No skills equal low pay. The world needs ditch diggers bro.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He's an absolute winner in his field of revolutionizing retail and crushing competition. His basic strategy of reducing revenue in the name of future growth was not initially lauded by investors. His persistence and ruthlessness certainly paid off (for him and investors).

But this universal winner thing doesn't translate. Every NFL owner, save one or two inheritors, is a winner of superlative degree with regard to wealth accumulation and business acumen. Walton is the biggest "winner" but just came off a horrible first season. Guys like Tepper (CAR), Khan (JAX), Ross (MIA), and Blank (ATL) are all top 10 wealthiest owners, but fail to consistently produce elite teams. If you think being a winner in one arena automatically correlates to success in another, there are some Charlotte Hornet fans that have some beer for you to hold.

Whatever your thoughts are on Bezos, I bet Goodell and 31 owners really likes his money, so it's certainly plausible. I'm no Bezos fan, but I understand the shield is made of money above all else, and Bezos has more of it than anyone.
great post

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I think Bezos is too much of a wokester. I cringe at the thought of what he might do to the team.

Man I miss Paul Allen. He was basically the perfect man for the job for the Seattle Seahawks NFL football franchise.

balakoth

Reaction score
This is a myth. He had a quarter milliion dollars from his parents in 1995. That's about half a million bucks now. That's privilege, not "literally nothing."
So basically he got a 250k loan and turned it into billions... yeah... scoff scoff... ROFL

balakoth

Reaction score
I think Bezos is too much of a wokester. I cringe at the thought of what he might do to the team.

Man I miss Paul Allen. He was basically the perfect man for the job for the Seattle Seahawks NFL football franchise.
You realize what state you are in right?

Not even sure you know what woke means... but thats for a different forum.. since apparently its definition is super bad. This board is a turd. Peace

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has been a billionaire for almost 30 years and has never once gotten involved with a team in any sport. It's a good name to attach to an article for clicks.
I didn't click on it. Just asking a question. Couldn't care less about the guy.