Fire Pete

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm with ya Lock, DQ did go into a good situation. But you could say Pete is in a similar situation with a franchise QB and better defense atm that DQ inherited, though DQ had Shanny and much better offensive weapons.

I don't know man I'm just tired of crappy offense and boring football. If we're going to lose a lot of games, at least be a fun team to watch

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
hoxrox":9085iz15 said:
Fade":9085iz15 said:
ExBassGuide":9085iz15 said:
In Pete I Trust!

Hard hitting analysis.

What has Pete done in the last 5 years to warrant such blind faith?

Stick with Cable & Bevell? Replace Bevell with Schotty?

Sign Eddy Lacey? Cary Williams? Joeckel?

Drafting Rashard Penny? Ifedi?

Burning a 1st & your pro-bowl Center on Jimmy Graham, and then proceed to comically misutilize him?

Letting major UFA's walk in Jimmy Graham & Sheldon Richardson, and then sign bum UFAs that cancel out your comp picks?

Piss off veteran players like Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, ET, Michael Bennett?

Cliff Avril stating publicly he never listened to Pete. (Probably the majority of the team tuned him out.) ?

Not Signing Earl Thomas or trading him for a draft pick Pick(s) (Piss or get off the pot.) ?

Letting Okung walk, and proceed to ignore LT for 1.5 seasons? Leaving the QB's blindside unprotected?

Getting your franchise QB pummeled into the ground for 4 years, with trash O-Lines & a dated scheme?

Get rid of a good kicker, for spotty kickers?

The decreased amount of wins for going on 5 consecutive seasons?

Having only 4 draft picks going into the 2019 NFL Draft when you're supposed to be rebuilding?

Tell me please, I want to know????

A lot of these situations sound more like a JS issue than a PC issue. I don't think Pete micro manages or overrides managers, scouts, assistants or players to the extent that you think he does. In fact, he lets "Marshawn be Marshawn" etc. That's just his style.

But why should he be given a longer leash? Because this is basically a freshmen class. And he's proven his ability to develop young players into future stars. His coaching is proven, his overall formula and philosophy has since 2013 been emulated by many teams in the league.

The real problem is the level of young talent we currently have on the roster, and not all of that is on Pete.
"not all of that is on Pete" yes it is. Pete Carroll hired John Schneider personally, and he has complete control over player acquisition. John Schneider can't just pick up players, Pete has to sign off on it. Pete Carroll is intimately involved in the draft process and scouting of players. Everything ultimately goes back on Pete -- he has the final authority on everything. If the way he coaches is any indication then you must know that he isn't much for delegation.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
NJlargent":3mpvbhvl said:
While I don’t know want to disrupt Fade’s post about the PC woes he did fail to also point out the in game decisions and clock management. But it’s not necessary as he crushed the point.

Yes, he did.

The guy is bouncing heads off the pavement in here.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Fade":17l6vf7k said:
What has Pete done in the last 5 years to warrant such blind faith?

Five years ago, they were in the middle of a Super Bowl campaign and ultimately won the only Super Bowl in franchise history.

The next year, they returned to the Super Bowl and narrowly lost.

The next year, they won double digit victories for the 4th-consecutive year, overcame numerous injuries to players like Marshawn Lynch and Jimmy Graham, had one of the best offenses in franchise history, and finished with the #1 scoring defense for the 4th-straight season.

The next year, they won double digit victories for the 5th-consecutive year, overcame numerous injuries to Russell Wilson that slowed the offense, improved on their record from the prior year, won the NFC West, won a playoff game for the 5th-straight year, and were #1 in scoring defense once again until an Earl Thomas injury ended their streak and derailed the season.

The next year, they narrowly missed the playoffs due to multiple injuries, won 9 games, and finally fired their offensive coaching staff.

Now, we are in a clear transition year after losing a large amount of talent due to injury and contract. During these five years, they have won 10 playoff victories, two NFC champisonships, and a Super Bowl. That is what Carroll has done. No active coach, except Bill Belichick, has accomplished more.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Our fan base leaves the impression that we are petulant fools with whinny threads like this.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Much is made about losing the LOB, but where are they now? Which members are currently playing?

We hear lots about the Rams and how they are suddenly strong and it must be because of their good drafting. What we don't hear is that before last year they hadn't won more than 7 games in 10 consecutive years, and you have to go back 14 years for their last winning season. In the mean time they traded their first-round pick for 3 first-round picks from Washington. With all that draft capitol even a blind monkey could pick some winners.

Does anyone here have the patience to go through 14 non-winning seasons? You guys can't even stand a double-digit-wins year unless there's a Super Bowl involved anymore.

I swear some people here are more entitled than my 13-year-old daughter.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Fade":19viv3c6 said:
Jville":19viv3c6 said:
Dissly & McDougald is not many

And Frank Clark, and Tyler Lockett, and Justin Britt, and DJ Fluker, and Duane Brown, and Justin Coleman, and Chris Carson, and Mike Davis, and Shaquill Griffin, and Tre Flowers, and David Moore, and Nazair Jones, and Marcel Reece, and Mychal Kendricks, and J.R. Sweezy, and a bunch of others who are at least filling spots on the roster as compared to the 2014-2015 drafts AND a boatload of rookies whom it's too soon to judge.

Not to mention a guy named Russell Wilson, who's been good enough to outweigh quite a few bad decisions.

If you want to talk about laundry lists, you'd better provide a full and accurate picture. It's not good evaluation to skew the picture in an effort to support a point. You had a good point at one juncture, but you lost it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":1tjc7rld said:
^^^^^^^^ :177692:
You've convinced me Fade.

H3Fid3DOIPG1avHtG9RGrHnGyKmLDJcwHaEx26pid3D15

Your hatred for Pete Carroll is undeniable.

You have convinced me Jville, your flair for drama is undeniable.

Why does it have to be about hatred? :roll:

When you change tires on your car, are you doing so because you hate them or because they served their purpose and they are no longer performing well?

Talking about how they slid out on a corner is not hate, it is stating facts about their performance.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Jeesh, this thread won't die. PC is not going anywhere for at least this season and next. Time to move from denial to acceptance and hope the team keeps improving.

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":1vmrhy0a said:
Jville":1vmrhy0a said:

H3Fid3DOIPG1avHtG9RGrHnGyKmLDJcwHaEx26pid3D15

When you change tires on your car, are you doing so because you hate them or because they served their purpose and they are no longer performing well?

Talking about how they slid out on a corner is not hate, it is stating facts about their performance.

Terrible analogy. Who would belittle living breathing human beings with a comparison to discarding an inanimate wear item like tires?

:177692: You've convinced me Seymore. You have no idea what Pete Carroll's program is all about. Stick with tires and things.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":1ecie401 said:
Seymour":1ecie401 said:
Jville":1ecie401 said:

Terrible analogy. Who would belittle living breathing human beings with a comparison to discarding an inanimate wear item like tires?

:177692: You've convinced me Seymore. You have no idea what Pete Carroll's program is all about. Stick with tires and things.

Wrong.

It's all about the ball (and rescuing misfits), and the time for the grand turnover is drawing near.

Acceptance my friend.

You talk like the Michelin man has no feelings. Pretty insensitive bro. :cry:

AgentDib

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2zruizi1 said:
What we don't hear is that before last year they hadn't won more than 7 games in 10 consecutive years, and you have to go back 14 years for their last winning season. In the mean time they traded their first-round pick for 3 first-round picks from Washington. With all that draft capitol even a blind monkey could pick some winners.

I swear some people here are more entitled than my 13-year-old daughter.
I agree and this is probably the main reason why I'm not as disgruntled as a few here. The Rams are currently all-in utilizing rookie contracts they picked up by sucking for a long time now, and they doubled down by trading their first round pick last year for Cooks. The NFL is designed for parity and the same forces that helped them put together a great roster will be dismantling it soon enough.

I don't even really root again them. The division is more fun when it's good and I follow the NFL because it's fun.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If Pete goes I think it will be similar to Andy Reid leaving Philly. Not that Pete has spent that same amount of time as Reid, but just a simple change of scenery. Sometimes you just have to move on. Everyone knew Reid was a great coach, but sometimes you overstay your welcome. I kind of get that feeling with Pete.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Steve2222":331ldcw4 said:
TreeRon":331ldcw4 said:
Steve2222":331ldcw4 said:
hawksincebirth":331ldcw4 said:
I’m talking Peterson , you said several times he WOULD NEVER MAKE THE JUMP

Peterson is a college guy. He also likes to keep a low profile and out of the spotlight. Which is why he’s turned down offers from powerhouse schools. Washington was the perfect fit for him as it was a jump to a power 5, yet still pretty isolated from everyone else.

There’s no getting out of the spotlight for him being in the NFL. He will be scrutinized every loss no matter what team he coaches. To some people that’s worth more than money.

There's no more isolated NFL franchise than Seattle. Take away the last few years w/the LOB and Pete and most people thought/think Seattle is in Alaska or Siberia or Canada or something. The entire Northwest is more flyover than the flyover States. (Most of us like it that way.)

Pete Carroll has to leave one way or another so maybe we'll find out within the next 5 years or so.

I get that. But NFL jobs are more scrutinized than college jobs outside of a few college programs.
This is seattle , there’s no harsh media here ? They don’t ask pete hard questions ever. He’d be fine here.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
ExBassGuide":3jp6z0xy said:
For everyone that said "PAY THE MAN" about Earl, Pete just showed you he knows more than you! Look now why we should not hold on to some players toooo long! That would have cost the Seahawks a TON of $$$$ for someone that is most likely will not play again! And if you say Pete should have traded Earl, What do you think the Seahawks have been trying to do for the last year!
Teams were in talks about a Earl trade! (80% Earl will never play another snap in the NFL).
80% lmao

Fade

Reaction score
NJlargent":w2p03n3e said:
While I don’t know want to disrupt Fade’s post about the PC woes he did fail to also point out the in game decisions and clock management. But it’s not necessary as he crushed the point.
You're right.

Too many problems to list :D . And then we got people like
Fimages2Fd6add31c664d6a7f9066d81d52a462592Ftenor

Latest posts