Fieldgulls: Brandon Marshall beat Sherman on Sunday - barely

mrt144

Reaction score
It's not like Marshall is some scrub receiver. He does it all. You'd expect him to present some problems and that Sherman was able to turn it around so thoroughly in the 2nd half is a testament to HIS abilities.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
One thing that strikes me as a little odd: In the referenced piece, the author goes out of his way to say that it's pretty much a toss-up. If so, wouldn't you give the tiebreaker to the one who helped his team to an unexpectedly lopsided victory?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
AgentDib":2amjlvh4 said:
It's quite the compliment to Sherman that he can hold one of the best receivers in the NFL to three receptions while pulling down two interceptions - and some fans will still think he under-performed.
True.

The comparison was just the one on one between Marshall and Sherm but Sherm did a lot else on that game too, including run-hit-tackle support. Didn't see Marshall get near as down and dirty.

On that subject, was it SF's Gabbert (or maybe Tannehill) that Sherm drilled so hard in the midsection that the guy landed almost 5 yds back, on the sideline? Dang that was one wicked hit.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":pqnkgtvp said:
It's quite the compliment to Sherman that he can hold one of the best receivers in the NFL to three receptions while pulling down two interceptions - and some fans will still think he under-performed.

Dib drops mic and walks off, perfect answer.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
AgentDib":20dxwsmb said:

Thank you for this. The expectation people have of CBs is absurd, especially in today's NFL.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1tzpe7kw said:
NOLAHawk":1tzpe7kw said:
I'm sick of hearing about our third rate defense compared to the Rams or Vikes.

We still have the number one defense in the NFL as far as I know...
Youmwould never know it listening to the talking heads. Its a blow Fisher year.
bmorepunk":1tzpe7kw said:
Marshall is awesome, and even the best can be beat by guys like that. Fitz threw too many towards Sherman and it ended up where QBs normally do when they keep after him.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

johnnyfever

Reaction score
12 targets, only 4 receptions. Thats decent cornerbacking for a top caliber receiver like marshall. Plus the 2 interceptions.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
McGruff":qsap6b6y said:
irfuben32":qsap6b6y said:
I don't think Sherman has been playing with the same edge the last year or so.

that battle seemed to light the fire in him again

Have you been watching games AT ALL this year? Sherman has been shutting receivers down at historic levels.
Typical. Just one more person not paying attention then jumping to conclusions with a sample size of one/1/uno!

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk