Favorite Team

GemCity

Reaction score
2013. I know it is the low hanging fruit, but I can't lie to myself either.

It had everyone, including Bennett and Avril as backups to Bryant and Clemons. So many characters. DQ at defensive coordinator. Rookie Luke Willson, rookie Christine Michael. The ever present anticipation of maybe getting to see Percy play.

I think a lot of this depends on where you were and how old you were at the time. As my earliest Seahawks memory is the Engram drop in the endzone in the playoffs against the Rams, so even 2005 was a little early in my memory for me.
Agreed. I’d be lying to myself if I called out another year.
I felt like this team was going to war..each and every game. There wasn’t any question about them coming out and trying to punish their opponents.
I loved the confidence. The bravado. The smack talk while backing it up.

I always wear Seahawks gear…usually no less than once a week. Even in the off-season. Living in Ohio, I’ll get the Bengals jibes of course.

2013…I was representing every damn day!

Aircrew

Reaction score
2003. I had just gotten out of the military after 7 LONG years on the east coast and moved back to Washington (Federal Way) to go back to school. I had been so starved of anything Seahawks that I couldn't get enough. I went to every home game that year ($19 seats in the 300 level, SE corner) and for the first time in team history we went 8-0 at home. It was 2 years before we went to the big game and you could just tell something special was happening. I can still smell the concessions and taste the PNW micro brews at the stadium. Just a very happy time in my life and a fun season to be a Seahawk fan living in the Seattle area.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
2013 without thinking twice. After the way we lost in '12 to the falcons I just knew we had a group of men coming together to form a legendary squad, and I could tell that they all knew it to. And the rest of the league knew. A rock of Gibraltar size chip on their shoulders to go with a cadre of unique personalities made every facet of Seahawks football must see TV! Simply unmatched before or after!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Agreed. I’d be lying to myself if I called out another year.
I felt like this team was going to war..each and every game. There wasn’t any question about them coming out and trying to punish their opponents.
I loved the confidence. The bravado. The smack talk while backing it up.

I always wear Seahawks gear…usually no less than once a week. Even in the off-season. Living in Ohio, I’ll get the Bengals jibes of course.

2013…I was representing every damn day!
Yeah it was a magical time.

OP
OP
H

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Manning did not play in that game but saying Sogi’s 13-1 colts lacks the same bite.
You're right, Manning only played in the first quarter but it was already 14-3.

That was a dark day, Tony Dungy wasn't there because his son had committed suicide.

Isn't it weird that things look old from 2005?

Hawknballs

Reaction score

That was a dark day, Tony Dungy wasn't there because his son had committed suicide.

View attachment 57225
2005 was 18 years ago, that's like saying something from 1982 looked old in the year 2000. True! ;)

But yeah thanks for making me feel like a dinosaur.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
2014 team was fun. That NFC championship game against the Packers is my most rewatched game of all time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

View attachment 57225
That was def. a strange day. Also, it was xmas eve and it was around 70 degrees in Seattle. I'll never forget that game, people walking out of the stadium carrying piles of clothes because it was so warm out. The vibe after Dungy's son died, Manning only playing a quarter etc.

Greenhell

Reaction score
What year was your favorite Seahawks team and why? Try not to be too coach or player specific.

For many of us old timers it is hard not to get nostalgic maybe going with 1984, but for myself 2005 will always be my favorite team. Talk about massive heart and awesome role models for our kids. That season there was a sense of destiny, we were unstoppable.

QB Matt Hasselbeck
RB Shaun Alexander
OT Walter Jones
OG Steve Hutchinson
FB Mack Strong
C Robbie Tobeck
LB Lofa Tatupu
OT Walter Jones
Marcus Trufant
Bobby Engram
Joe Jurevicius
Jerramy Stevens
Chris Gray
Sean Locklear
Bryce Fisher
Chartric Darby
Marcus Tubbs
Grant Wistrom
Jamie Sharper
D.D. Lewis
Kelly Herndon
Michael Boulware
Marquand Manuel

After losing our season opener on the road against the Jags, from there we went 14-1 the only other loss came on the road in week 4 to the Redskins in OT. We sat our starters against the Packers in our final regular season game. We were beating the competition is convincing fashion, I recall realizing how good the team was after we shut out the Eagles 42-0 in week 13 and destroyed the 49ers the following week 41-3.

We finished the season 13-3, but it really felt like we had won them all.

Then in the divisional round we faced the only team that beat us while on our run, we defeated the Redskins 20-10.

We dominated the Panthers in the NFC Championship.

I had planned to pass on my 12th man torch to my son but super bowl XL destroyed that dream. I celebrated Pete's arrival but realized that good guys didn't win in the NFL and he built a team without role model players and won the super bowl. Needless to say my son didn't become a football fan but I sure wish we could have shared the days when it didn't matter if we won because we had players that weren't just amazing athletes but genuinely good people too.
Joe Jurevicius was a beast and was clutch so many times while he played for Seattle. Wished we could've had him from the get-go. One of my favorite players from that team.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’m partial to the 84’ Hawks when Largent and Easley were in their prime. Lost to the Raiders that year in the AFCCG

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I’m partial to the 84’ Hawks when Largent and Easley were in their prime. Lost to the Raiders that year in the AFCCG
That was the magical 1983 season. The Seahawks beat the Broncos in the wildcard round, beat the Dolphins in the divisional round (in Miami!), and then lost to the I-loathe-them-forever Raiders (after having beaten them twice in the regular season) in the AFCCG.

After the '84 season, the Seahawks beat the Raiders in the wildcard round and then lost to the Dolphins in the divisional round.

bileever

Reaction score
I'm going to date myself, but I'm going to say 1984, the first really good Seahawks team. Their record was 12-4 and it was a complete team, excellent offensively and defensively. I think it set the NFL record for takeaways (post-merger) which still stands today. Seven all-pros and the under-rated Dave Krieg at QB. Btw, back then, you could see Dave Krieg having a beer at the local tavern like a regular guy, and beating everyone at darts (like you would expect). A different time, or maybe just a different kind of guy--totally unpretentious.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
What year was your favorite Seahawks team and why? Try not to be too coach or player specific.

For many of us old timers it is hard not to get nostalgic maybe going with 1984, but for myself 2005 will always be my favorite team. Talk about massive heart and awesome role models for our kids. That season there was a sense of destiny, we were unstoppable.

QB Matt Hasselbeck
RB Shaun Alexander
OT Walter Jones
OG Steve Hutchinson
FB Mack Strong
C Robbie Tobeck
LB Lofa Tatupu
OT Walter Jones
Marcus Trufant
Bobby Engram
Joe Jurevicius
Jerramy Stevens
Chris Gray
Sean Locklear
Bryce Fisher
Chartric Darby
Marcus Tubbs
Grant Wistrom
Jamie Sharper
D.D. Lewis
Kelly Herndon
Michael Boulware
Marquand Manuel

After losing our season opener on the road against the Jags, from there we went 14-1 the only other loss came on the road in week 4 to the Redskins in OT. We sat our starters against the Packers in our final regular season game. We were beating the competition is convincing fashion, I recall realizing how good the team was after we shut out the Eagles 42-0 in week 13 and destroyed the 49ers the following week 41-3.

We finished the season 13-3, but it really felt like we had won them all.

Then in the divisional round we faced the only team that beat us while on our run, we defeated the Redskins 20-10.

We dominated the Panthers in the NFC Championship.

I had planned to pass on my 12th man torch to my son but super bowl XL destroyed that dream. I celebrated Pete's arrival but realized that good guys didn't win in the NFL and he built a team without role model players and won the super bowl. Needless to say my son didn't become a football fan but I sure wish we could have shared the days when it didn't matter if we won because we had players that weren't just amazing athletes but genuinely good people too.
Wasn't Stevens on that team. (Yes, he was). Great role model. Yes, it was a wonderful season.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
2003. I had just gotten out of the military after 7 LONG years on the east coast and moved back to Washington (Federal Way) to go back to school. I had been so starved of anything Seahawks that I couldn't get enough. I went to every home game that year ($19 seats in the 300 level, SE corner) and for the first time in team history we went 8-0 at home. It was 2 years before we went to the big game and you could just tell something special was happening. I can still smell the concessions and taste the PNW micro brews at the stadium. Just a very happy time in my life and a fun season to be a Seahawk fan living in the Seattle area.
Thank you for your service.

2003 was my choice as well.

The trio of DJack, Koren Robinson, and Engram, as well as the emergence of Jerramy Stevens and Alexander hitting his stride as a star. Hasselebeck finally won control of the team and the trust of Holmgren. That team played with so much heart. It was sad when it came to a crashing end with the "we want the ball and we're gonna score!" game in Green Bay. But it was still a really fun team to watch

The one thing I do disagree with the OP is in regards to role models. Not to derail the thread but the 2013 team had plenty of good role models. Avril, Chancellor, Wagner, Sherm and Wilson all did great things for the community. The 2005 team had Alexander and Hass and Tatupu, great guys for sure. But notorious thug Jerramy Stevens will forever be a skid mark on this franchise. The things he did growing up in Olympia, beating up kids with baseball bats, then marrying his alter ego in Hope Solo. It's a shame he's the first Seahawk to catch a TD in the Superbowl.

chris98251

Reaction score
Every damn one of them, before 1976 we had nothing, good, bad, it didn't matter and still doesn't they are my team and I enjoy the personality of each years team in some way. Knowing that Ken Behring, Clay Bennett or someone could decide to move them any say like the Raiders and Colts.

So every year is my favorite team, sure miss the sound of an announcer saying the Seaaaaaattle Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper Soniiiiiiiics