Everybody Dies In The End.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Offense
-Third in points scored (265, Tied with the Saints).
-Second in rushing, trailing Philly by 1 yard.
-Twentieth in passing...meh.

Defense
-Fourth in points allowed giving up 159 (SF is third having only given up 155).
-Third in points allowed per game sitting at 15.9, and in yards allowed per game (289.0, within 10 yards per game for First).
-Second in (net) pass yards allowed at 1780, Twenty-third in rush yards allowed (1110).

Not too shabby.

rsm650

Reaction score
McGruff":1rtba5g2 said:
9-1 . . . Just 6 straight losses from 9-7.

nuclear_weapons_testing.jpe

HNIJZ5S

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
Been a fan since I moved to Tacoma in 1976. Being a diehard fan is something I am proud of. Enjoying this season is priceless!

firebee

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1pa8a4tu said:
Aros":1pa8a4tu said:
To all of my fellow 12's, both long-suffering multi-decade diehards like myself and those newer diehards, enjoy each and every moment. Like Vetamur said earlier, these are the days my friends. Savor every last sip.

Precisely the reason to chill and not freak the crap out just because the team doesn't dominate every game it ever plays. You can have concerns and discuss them. But chill the crap out. Do you really want to be the guy that looks back on one of our best seasons ever and remember nothing but you freaking out all the time? ;)

Go Hawks.

I wouldn't have it any other way :D

rjdriver

Reaction score
TCS":rkie3abp said:
Over 30 years of oft times agonizing games/seasons, and to be in the middle of the greatest hawk season to date, makes everything in life all the sweeter!

My 9 year old daughter bought me 4 tickets to this Sunday's game, out of the money she's been saving, for xmas. Blew me away that she chose to spend her hard earned cash on tickets, when she doesn't really care about sports (yet!). If this season goes how I think it will go, she'll be able to say she was at a game during the season it all went down!

Go Hawks!

tcs

Not to hijack or anything, but how does a nine year old save up for 4 tickets? Gotta be close to 400 bucks! Holy cow, you pay way too much allowance TCS!!! I hope MY daughter never sees this thread, she'll realize what a cheap SOB I am. Then again, good way to plant ideas in her head.

Seriously though, what a sweetheart. You have a very kindred little girl. You're doing something right Dad, keep it up!

9-1 is awesome! The only thing that made 1984 better for me was seeing the Playboy predictions and the other stuff that came along with it at my friends house (13 years old).

firebee

Reaction score
Hey... Remember when comparisons between Kaepernick and Wilson were being made and everybody kept wondering who the better QB was?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

TravTex

Reaction score
I'm a long-suffering Seahawks fan... all the way down in South Texas.

The vaguely funny thing is when people who give a damn find out I'm a Seahawks fan, they're starting to suspect I'm a bandwagoner.

I've been watching the heartfelt SUCK for thirty fricking years. Bandwagon, my ass. Zorn to Largent. We want the ball and we're going to score. Vinny's helmet sure does look like a football. Shaun was stabbed in the back. Grunt Winstrimm. How the hell is a tackle an illegal block? Dirtbags.

Bandwagon. Pfft.

godawg

Reaction score
I am so lovin the koolaid this year that when we we down by 21, I thought we would win. I've only been a Hawks fan for thirty years, but it is such a pleasure to watch our defense; and Russell, Beastmode--these guys are special. Go Hawks.

dunceface

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2vjnqst7 said:
Offense
-Third in points scored (265, Tied with the Saints).
-Second in rushing, trailing Philly by 1 yard.
-Twentieth in passing...meh.

Defense
-Fourth in points allowed giving up 159 (SF is third having only given up 155).
-Third in points allowed per game sitting at 15.9, and in yards allowed per game (289.0, within 10 yards per game for First).
-Second in (net) pass yards allowed at 1780, Twenty-third in rush yards allowed (1110).

Not too shabby.

I love these stats so hard right now

TCS

Reaction score
rjdriver":t21ilcbp said:
TCS":t21ilcbp said:
Over 30 years of oft times agonizing games/seasons, and to be in the middle of the greatest hawk season to date, makes everything in life all the sweeter!

My 9 year old daughter bought me 4 tickets to this Sunday's game, out of the money she's been saving, for xmas. Blew me away that she chose to spend her hard earned cash on tickets, when she doesn't really care about sports (yet!). If this season goes how I think it will go, she'll be able to say she was at a game during the season it all went down!

Go Hawks!

tcs

Not to hijack or anything, but how does a nine year old save up for 4 tickets? Gotta be close to 400 bucks! Holy cow, you pay way too much allowance TCS!!! I hope MY daughter never sees this thread, she'll realize what a cheap SOB I am. Then again, good way to plant ideas in her head.

Seriously though, what a sweetheart. You have a very kindred little girl. You're doing something right Dad, keep it up!

9-1 is awesome! The only thing that made 1984 better for me was seeing the Playboy predictions and the other stuff that came along with it at my friends house (13 years old).

Lol! When she told me what she got me I was floored. I felt guilty that she would spend he money on 2 tickets. Thought, "Man, that's gotta be like $200!". Then I got the tickets and there were 4 of them. WTF?!!! As it turns out, her grandmother (Mothers mom) matched her two tickets paid for, with two more. Still, feels pretty good knowing my daughter recognizes all the time/passion her daddy puts into this team/game, even if she doesn't quite get it.

I took her to the pro shop at Bellevue Square last Friday and decked her out in hawk gear. She'll be reppin' come Sunday. I'll post pics next Monday. I'm getting pumped!

Go Hawks!

tcs

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Since coming to Seattle, Pete Carroll is 34 - 24.

Think about that. Think about how little talent the 2009 team had.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":rybh7o33 said:
Sorry, bait and switch. I just loved the sound of that subject line.

I just wanted to bask in the love of this unprecedented season. 9-1. Holy cow that is truly incredible. If you're like me, it really hasn't sunk in completely.

9-1.

Nine and one.

Ridiculous.

To all of my fellow 12's, both long-suffering multi-decade diehards like myself and those newer diehards, enjoy each and every moment. Like Vetamur said earlier, these are the days my friends. Savor every last sip.

Not good enough I want to be undefeated like the "Elite" Kansas City Chiefs! :sarcasm_off:

TwilightError

Reaction score
Aros":suml5uqk said:

I will and I will treasure this memory when the inevitable happens and the Seahawks field a bad team again. But it might take years :)

bleedblue

Reaction score
There have been moments this season that feel like 2005 and then the moments that have felt like this is better than the 2005 season. What a ride so far.

Every conversation since Sunday ends with...BTW Seahawks are 9-1!!!

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Rarefied air, 9-1 holy hell. We got Wilson/Beast/Sherm/Thomas all beasting right now, adding Harvin and Okung almost seems unfair but I love it.