Everybody Dies In The End.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, bait and switch. I just loved the sound of that subject line.

I just wanted to bask in the love of this unprecedented season. 9-1. Holy cow that is truly incredible. If you're like me, it really hasn't sunk in completely.

9-1.

Nine and one.

Ridiculous.

To all of my fellow 12's, both long-suffering multi-decade diehards like myself and those newer diehards, enjoy each and every moment. Like Vetamur said earlier, these are the days my friends. Savor every last sip.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I've been a fan since the beginning. Which means like yourselves, I've seen too much losing. What's weird, and makes me grateful for this thread, is that I'm spoiled already. Not bitching that we're not 10-0 but not surprised that we are 9-1, either. But if you take the injuries into account, it is absolutely astonishing. So many things falling into place for us this year, it just feels like it's supposed to be this way. Destiny.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Aros":2hqsn5hk said:
To all of my fellow 12's, both long-suffering multi-decade diehards like myself and those newer diehards, enjoy each and every moment. Like Vetamur said earlier, these are the days my friends. Savor every last sip.

Precisely the reason to chill and not freak the crap out just because the team doesn't dominate every game it ever plays. You can have concerns and discuss them. But chill the crap out. Do you really want to be the guy that looks back on one of our best seasons ever and remember nothing but you freaking out all the time? ;)

Go Hawks.

TCS

Reaction score
Over 30 years of oft times agonizing games/seasons, and to be in the middle of the greatest hawk season to date, makes everything in life all the sweeter!

My 9 year old daughter bought me 4 tickets to this Sunday's game, out of the money she's been saving, for xmas. Blew me away that she chose to spend her hard earned cash on tickets, when she doesn't really care about sports (yet!). If this season goes how I think it will go, she'll be able to say she was at a game during the season it all went down!

Go Hawks!

tcs

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you talking to me specifically Jordan? LOL

HawkWow, indeed...It is truly astonishing that we are 9-1 with all of our injuries. It clearly shows how deep and talented we are. Best in the NFL if you ask me.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Been a fan for a long time and I cant remember a culture such as this! Pete has seemingly created something much bigger than the team itself. And its contagious as hell. It truly amazes me to see the ever increasing population of 12's at every away game. Truly a cool time to be a Seahawks Fan.

BTW did anybody else not sleep last night?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TCS":19jsyx24 said:
My 9 year old daughter bought me 4 tickets to this Sunday's game, out of the money she's been saving, for xmas. Blew me away that she chose to spend her hard earned cash on tickets, when she doesn't really care about sports (yet!). If this season goes how I think it will go, she'll be able to say she was at a game during the season it all went down!

Go Hawks!

tcs

That is awesome. If my daughter did that I would be floored.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
And to think if the Colts game had been officiated at a professional level, we'd most likely be 10-0. But I feel ya Todd! We're in rare-air here, and everybody needs to bask in it while we're in the midst of experiencing it, with the ending as of yet un-written. I do admit to a conscious level of trying to not get too excited because of how this team has tortured me over the years, but DAMN! 9-1? Really? Wow! :icon_jig: :fam: :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Major injuries to both starting tackles, WR1 and WR2 would have absolutely derailed prior Seahawks seasons. 9-1 is astonishing. 5-1 on the road is astonishing. 3-1 at 10am is astonishing. Pete mentioned earlier today that he and Schneider feel like they're witnessing their kids growing up. Gotta say, it sort of feels that way as a fan, too. Just been a loooong rearing process.

TCS

Reaction score
Aros":3mqg266x said:
TCS":3mqg266x said:

Go Hawks!

tcs

That is awesome. If my daughter did that I would be floored.

Yeah Aros, totally floored! She's one helluva daughter! As an aside, she's only been to one other hawks game. I took her to see a preseason game years ago, against the Vikings as fate would have it. We won. :)

Go Hawks!

tcs

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
This team, this year, the record does not surprise me one bit, but I am no less ecstatic to see it! We are having the kind of season I fully expected us to have.

hawker84

Reaction score
I've experienced this feeling once in the 37 years i've been a fan, and that was the 2005 season. Knowing you have a chance to compete every week and win is the best feeling a fan can have. I'm on this rollercoaster for the long haul, hopefully that doesn't end until February, if it does, i'm still very proud of our guys and the organization as a whole. Lot of work to be done, but i'm taking your advice wholeheartedly, i'm going to enjoy every second of it, even through the cardiac arrest's.......

Johnny

Reaction score
If you think about it, We have witnessed Seahawks history over the past 5 weeks...

Hawks have never been 5-1

Hawks have never been 6-1

Hawks have never been 7-1

Hawks have never been 8-1

Hawks have never been 9-1

Just sayin'. :D

CHawk

Reaction score
TCS":2u73j2n1 said:
Over 30 years of oft times agonizing games/seasons, and to be in the middle of the greatest hawk season to date, makes everything in life all the sweeter!

Go Hawks!

tcs

That is so cool, like yourself my daughter has bought both us tickets to this weeks game w/flight I had to wait until she was 23. First time for me in Seattle and it could not have been a better season, just enjoying the ride. I'm hoping to attend 3 games this year, been to Carolina and maybe NY.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
hawker84":13yq2nvd said:
I've experienced this feeling once in the 37 years i've been a fan, and that was the 2005 season.

Let's not forget the 12-4 1984 season. I felt we'd kill every team we faced that year. We were baddass! To bad the wheels fell off at the end there. If Curt Warner hadn't gone down in the first game, that probably would have been our Vince Lombardi year. Thanks for the fine effort there though Dr. D.

TCS

Reaction score
CHawk":2lbeab0o said:
TCS":2lbeab0o said:

Go Hawks!

tcs

That is so cool, like yourself my daughter has bought both us tickets to this weeks game w/flight I had to wait until she was 23. First time for me in Seattle and it could not have been a better season, just enjoying the ride. I'm hoping to attend 3 games this year, been to Carolina and maybe NY.

That's awesome! Hey, tickets AND airfare is NOT cheap. Spending money on that, for your dad, is seriously amazing for a 23 year old. :) Have fun in Seattle. I've been all over the country/world and WA state is my favorite by far.

Go Hawks!

tcs

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":lq7qyixx said:
Sorry, bait and switch. I just loved the sound of that subject line.

I just wanted to bask in the love of this unprecedented season. 9-1. Holy cow that is truly incredible. If you're like me, it really hasn't sunk in completely.

9-1.

Nine and one.

Ridiculous.

:thirishdrinkers:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Nice bait and switch !

Seriously, it's sometimes hard to balance it out. On one hand, after the way last season ended, I was one of those people that figured we would be blowing a lot of teams out. I didn't think at first, and Carolina worried me, but in all honesty I thought that by week 4 we'd be facerolling teams.

When a lot of us were prognosticating, we were talking about being stoked if we went at least 2-2 after the Houston/Indy road trip stretch, and then we had to make our run. No one was freaked out about it, and we all knew we were making the playoffs this year no matter what. Actually, I can't remember a time when most of the fan base was CERTAIN we were making the playoffs that year. Think about it.

It's also funny how the NFL works. Houston went about how we thought it would, not including injuries. We knew that game would be tough. No one figured Indy would be this good, especially defensively. If that FG doesn't get blocked, we honestly win that game. STL worried me as I don't like the matchup of their DL and our OL, but I thought we were good enough on the outside to beat their secondary. Funny, they're worse than most of us thought they would be, but they played us tougher than anyone game them credit for.

I think Arizona is a better team than most thought they would be, but we still handled them. Our SF matchup is looking favorable; we own the decided edge in individual matchups and after starting out lopsided against Harbaugh coached teams, we're evening it up.

it IS a great time to be a Hawk fan, and if the FO can keep the team together, we have a few years of this to bask in.