OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
You down with JPP (Yeah you know me)
Who's down with JPP (Every last homie)
You down with JPP (Yeah you know me)
Who's down with JPP (All the homies)

"It ain't no fun if the homies gettin' none!" Bruce Irvin wanting his homies to get sacks too.

mrblitz

Reaction score
are you talking about lemuel jeanpierre? (ljp?)

mrblitz

Reaction score
whew... had me worried there for a second.

jpp? that's good news for russell.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This gives us a big advantage. The team that gave us the most issues had great bookend DE's coming off both sides. The Giants don't have that now.

Who do they have coming off the edge now, Kiwanuka ?

Tuck is having a monster 3 game stretch...anyone know if he's playing DE or DT ?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hawks46":2rqyggwb said:
This gives us a big advantage. The team that gave us the most issues had great bookend DE's coming off both sides. The Giants don't have that now.

Who do they have coming off the edge now, Kiwanuka ?

Tuck is having a monster 3 game stretch...anyone know if he's playing DE or DT ?

Yep. That's exactly right. As I wrote in the Preview Thread, PFF has Kiwanuka ranked 49th out of 50 DE's -- very bad against the run and great difficulty getting consistent pass rush. And yes, my understanding is that Tuck will be playing at his customary LDE spot, which means that Breno better be ready for him.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, this is the stretch where, in the last two season, the OL really came into their own. Will this year be a repeat? I hope so.

Also, over the last two season, it didn't seem to matter that much who was in there when the late season surge occurred. I feel pretty good about that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JPP was actually having a pretty bad year before the injury, not sure how great a loss this is exactly.

Justin Tuck will be the guy to keep an eye on. He leads the team in sacks with 8.5

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1tnnzfb4 said:
JPP was actually having a pretty bad year before the injury, not sure how great a loss this is exactly.

Justin Tuck will be the guy to keep an eye on. He leads the team in sacks with 8.5

All of this ^

Tuck really turned it up last few weeks as well but Giants are best at edge pressure and we have our OT's back so I'm not very concerned. Also, the Giants are really bad at LB, not quite what Dallas or the Bears are rolling with on Sunday with injuries but they can be exposed. Not worried about interior rushing either, they'll probably have Tuck try and stunt inside or just line him up inside if he can't get home from the edge.

Chaosist

Reaction score
Erebus":1hq5wdtk said:
mrblitz":1hq5wdtk said:

Jason Pierre Paul, the Giants best pass rusher.
Not this year he hasn't been. Tuck has been our best pass rusher this season. Even before the past few games when he's actually been registering sacks, he's been getting more consistent pressure than any of our other DEs.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Chaosist":3gzxngbl said:
Erebus":3gzxngbl said:
mrblitz":3gzxngbl said:

Not this year he hasn't been. Tuck has been our best pass rusher this season. Even before the past few games when he's actually been registering sacks, he's been getting more consistent pressure than any of our other DEs.
Thanks for the good information Choasist.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1qaleo0b said:
Chaosist":1qaleo0b said:
Erebus":1qaleo0b said:
mrblitz":1qaleo0b said:

Thanks for the good information Choasist.

Yes, and welcome to .NET