Earl Thomas with a telling quote?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawks46":2azqxjdy said:
cesame":2azqxjdy said:
Earl also added that sometimes he's seeing questionable effort on the field

That sounds like Cary Williams imo

I wouldn't be surprised if he's talking about Chancellor. He's not having the impact he was having the last couple of years, yet he was supposedly the most healthy coming into this year.

I'd also throw Wagner in there. He got paid and all the sudden you just don't see much about him.

My assumption is he's talking about the defensive side of the ball, as those are the guys he's around the most. Offense, it could be anyone from Wilson, to Lynch and maybe OL.

One thing is for sure: our team doesn't have the fire and the drive they did the last two years. Miscommunication and lack of effort and focus are a few of the things we're seeing.

I really don't think he is singling any one person out, or he wouldn't have posted it. It's kind of taboo to publicly single someone out ( that's why it's so surprising LeBron does it). I'm guessing too that he knows things just aren't the same as previous years and is trying to be a good leader in the situation. Glad he is.

seabowl

Reaction score
Pete needs to step in here and be the leader. No more talking through media bull crap. Also a players only meeting ala last year would help too.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":3jwym0x5 said:
yea i have the dreaded feeling some players aren't fully over from the SB............i hope theyre just talking about comminucations errors or things going on THIS season. Cmon guys its crunch time. You can go on a roll and get back to the owl.......its not too late

I was ridiculed on Twitter for saying this a few weeks ago. I knew when that abomination of a play call happened, it would gut this team from the inside out. I feel strongly that is what is wrong with this team. Bevell (and Pete's) completely idiotic play call totally destroyed this team's heart. Yeah there have been other factors like Kam's utter selfishness, Wilson's eccentricity, and the absolute brutal and loaded scheduling of the NFL, but ultimately this team's soul was totally annihilated on what might be the worst play in Seattle sports history.

I think Bevell's job needs to be sacrificed to atone for that horrific play. I'm only half kidding.

drdiags

Reaction score
Just like those bands that split up, there is only so many team meetings to repair bad blood that can happen. The vets of this team have become established with the departure of many for the SB-winning team to now. All those guys that had mentors to look up to now are the main voices.

No Red, Clemons, MRob, Rice or Miller. Tate, Thurmond, Browner, Giacomini, Turbo and Smith have moved on. The replacements haven't established themselves maybe because they didn't have to struggle for respect like those before them as a team.

If this is a team built to sustain, they will get over this hiccup (maybe not this year) and rebound to put a more focused team out there on the field. Time will tell.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
I thought we were going to and, and were doing it better than the Patriots?

Now we have all of this whining, celebrity bs, and basically blaming last year?

These dudes need to do their job and quit with this BS on both sides of the ball.

The core group needs to put their big boy pants on and decide if blame, jealousy, and resentment
will be continued to rule this team.

If they can't move past last year, and act and play like winners, no matter what the adversity, then they

just another bunch of dudes who were a great "One Hit Wonder" and got paid.

If they are pissed at whoever, grow the hell up and say so!

To let greed and ego and maybe jealously possibly exist without addressing it, will just ruin any chance of professional
unity.

Yes there needs to be trust and respect, but last I checked, they are highly paid, and just because Earl and Sherm feel guilty about making so much more than Kam, who resents the $ paid to Cary Williams?

Or pissed at Wilson for the Superbowl pass?

So its not possible to get over it and continue win to build a legacy?

Pete can fix some of this, but these players need to decide to get past it or just piss it all away.

IMO--go hawks!

Greenhell

Reaction score
SeaMeat":1osbj79u said:
cesame":1osbj79u said:
mikeak":1osbj79u said:
1) We need to forgive Bevell (for superbowl loss)

2) We need to forgive Kam

/end thread

Since you bring up Bevell, Doug Baldwin had this to say

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/667106429149450241[/tweet]

That sounds like a dig at RW to me...

Thought the same thing.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
cesame":1j971huk said:
mikeak":1j971huk said:

/end thread

Nice of Doug to say.

I still say play action on 3rd and 13 is dumb.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeaMeat":2v9ndnxv said:
cesame":2v9ndnxv said:
mikeak":2v9ndnxv said:

/end thread

That sounds like a dig at RW to me...
And the oline IMO

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":360318vw said:
cesame":360318vw said:
mikeak":360318vw said:

/end thread

Nice of Doug to say.

I still say play action on 3rd and 13 is dumb.
Dude c'mon, two Super Bowls!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Well I listened to it, it can be heard on KJKR. He said a lot of we, closest thing he came to throwing any 1 under the bus was talking about the penalties which is pretty much the oline

TwilightError

Reaction score
gonzhawk":1jhf22vq said:
I thought we were going to and, and were doing it better than the Patriots?

Now we have all of this whining, celebrity bs, and basically blaming last year?

These dudes need to do their job and quit with this BS on both sides of the ball.

The core group needs to put their big boy pants on and decide if blame, jealousy, and resentment
will be continued to rule this team.

If they can't move past last year, and act and play like winners, no matter what the adversity, then they

just another bunch of dudes who were a great "One Hit Wonder" and got paid.

If they are pissed at whoever, grow the hell up and say so!

To let greed and ego and maybe jealously possibly exist without addressing it, will just ruin any chance of professional
unity.

Yes there needs to be trust and respect, but last I checked, they are highly paid, and just because Earl and Sherm feel guilty about making so much more than Kam, who resents the $ paid to Cary Williams?

Or pissed at Wilson for the Superbowl pass?

So its not possible to get over it and continue win to build a legacy?

Pete can fix some of this, but these players need to decide to get past it or just piss it all away.

IMO--go hawks!

This. Get your act together or be sour losers and fine with it. If they dont get it straight soon, they will have a long offseason to think about because there will be no playoffs if things dont change right now.

As for us fans, we had two super bowl appearances in a row. How unusual is that? If this season is an in-between-one, so what?

lobohawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":158rmtib said:
mikeak":158rmtib said:

/end thread
This IMO as well. Oh, and Russell Wilzon needs to go back to being a "gym rat" instead of worrying about his next commercial. And Bennett and Irvin need to shut up about their salaries. "Rotting from the inside" indeed.

Do you know he's not being a gym rat? Are you following him around everyday? Just because you want to think it's just his effort that's dropped off and it's an easy fix, doesn't make it true.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Basis4day":6ajo4n62 said:
At this point anything a player says is going to be taken as a self fulfilling statement to whatever a fan think's is the sole source of offensive ineptitude whether it be the WR, the playcalling, Wilson, or the O-Line.

Ehh, not really. If he's saying plays are there to be made all over the field he's DEFINITELY not blaming the playcalling so you gotta scratch that off the list.

If plays are there to be made all over the field he's definitely not blaming the O-Line either, is it doesn't make any sense to say this as a way to critique non-skill position players (I HATE that term, but you get what I mean by it). If the O-line is the problem then plays aren't there to be made because the O-line has failed.

Hate to say it, but he's either criticizing the WRs or Wilson, or maybe both.

FWIW I don't think Wilson is *the problem* with the Hawks' offense, but it's really hard for me to read that as anything but a dig about Wilson.

Mojambo

Reaction score
idahohawk":339vq6yi said:
Crizilla":339vq6yi said:
yea i have the dreaded feeling some players aren't fully over from the SB............i hope theyre just talking about comminucations errors or things going on THIS season. Cmon guys its crunch time. You can go on a roll and get back to the owl.......its not too late

I was ridiculed on Twitter for saying this a few weeks ago. I knew when that abomination of a play call happened, it would gut this team from the inside out. I feel strongly that is what is wrong with this team. Bevell (and Pete's) completely idiotic play call totally destroyed this team's heart. Yeah there have been other factors like Kam's utter selfishness, Wilson's eccentricity, and the absolute brutal and loaded scheduling of the NFL, but ultimately this team's soul was totally annihilated on what might be the worst play in Seattle sports history.

I think Bevell's job needs to be sacrificed to atone for that horrific play. I'm only half kidding.

I'm sorry, but if a bad play call could destroy this team's heart, they've been a complete fraud from the start. (Forgive the rhyme please)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Whether it's as soon as this offseason or years down the road it's going to be very interesting to find out the real scoop of what the internal locker room issues were with this team. No player or coach that is still on the team is going to tell the real story.

Whatever the true story is, it's clearly having a profound effect on team chemistry and performance this year.

chawx

Reaction score
Maybe it's what one poster said a while back—Pete can sell rookies and the fresh meat that comes in on his "rah-rah" philosophy, but after you've heard it for 4-5 years, it starts getting dull and repetitive. Pete either has to re-examine his philosophy to give it more of an impact, or burn the team down and start fresh. I, for one, am happy either way—either fix what we have or blow it up, college-style.

Hypothetically, if you were to blow it all up. I think you keep: Earl, Wagner, KJ, Avril, Baldwin, Rawls, Russell, and maybe a few other guys who don't get in the spotlight but still make plays and fill in the other 40 with young and hungry talent.

mikeak

Reaction score
Lets not forget the record for Superbowl winning team for the season after. What Seahawks did last year was AGAINST the grain and not expected.

So to have one year of Superbowl let-downs / not reaching its potential is not cause for burning down the house. It is cause for some changes to get things back on track but it is not a rebuilding mode that is needed.

AVL

Reaction score
Sounds like he should have drug his broken body to Hawaii last spring.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
chawx":1s6ry10w said:
Maybe it's what one poster said a while back—Pete can sell rookies and the fresh meat that comes in on his "rah-rah" philosophy, but after you've heard it for 4-5 years, it starts getting dull and repetitive. Pete either has to re-examine his philosophy to give it more of an impact, or burn the team down and start fresh. I, for one, am happy either way—either fix what we have or blow it up, college-style.

Hypothetically, if you were to blow it all up. I think you keep: Earl, Wagner, KJ, Avril, Baldwin, Rawls, Russell, and maybe a few other guys who don't get in the spotlight but still make plays and fill in the other 40 with young and hungry talent.

I disagree. Pete has a level of control that few coaches have over all personnel matters. That's about as much motivation as players need to buy into the philosophy. I'm thinking that's why Chris Mathews was shown the door. I could be wrong though.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
lobohawk":384dg5c6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":384dg5c6 said:
mikeak":384dg5c6 said:

/end thread
This IMO as well. Oh, and Russell Wilzon needs to go back to being a "gym rat" instead of worrying about his next commercial. And Bennett and Irvin need to shut up about their salaries. "Rotting from the inside" indeed.

Do you know he's not being a gym rat? Are you following him around everyday? Just because you want to think it's just his effort that's dropped off and it's an easy fix, doesn't make it true.
I don't for sure of course. Just basing it on the countless endorsements I see and the trip to Mexico during the bye week and so forth. All I know is this is not the same RW we've seen the past several years.