Drew Locks future

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Tannehill's cap hit this year is the highest in the NFL (nearly $39 million) on a $57 million dead cap. Next year it is slightly less with a cap hit of $18 million. They frontloaded the lower cap hits the first two years but had enormous dead cap #s (roughly 60% of the total contract). He got $60 million guaranteed on a $118 million contract.

Smith isn't old enough that everybody single GM is going to dismiss him based on age, particularly since he rode the bench on the order of 75% of the seasons he's been eligible to play.

Anything can happen. Geno Smith became good. But with so many teams desperate for a starting QB every year, if this dude plays like this till the end I think a lot of people are going to be very surprised by the size of his contract.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hopefully we get him for $30-35 million fir three years while a project gets to develop. Aren’t we paying $45 mill in cap hits this year?
It's like $58 million dead cap this year. But the existing salaries eat about $10 million of that and only 33 players on the roster will remain.

So they could do $30-$35 million in cap hits. If we get to the point where he's still playing nuts through the whole season it's going to be really interesting to watch.

renofox

Reaction score
Tannehill's cap hit this year is the highest in the NFL (nearly $39 million) on a $57 million dead cap. Next year it is slightly less with a cap hit of $18 million. They frontloaded the lower cap hits the first two years but had enormous dead cap #s (roughly 60% of the total contract). He got $60 million guaranteed on a $118 million contract.

Smith isn't old enough that everybody single GM is going to dismiss him based on age, particularly since he rode the bench on the order of 75% of the seasons he's been eligible to play.

Anything can happen. Geno Smith became good. But with so many teams desperate for a starting QB every year, if this dude plays like this till the end I think a lot of people are going to be very surprised by the size of his contract.
He's going to get a $40M+ offer.

Seahawks have a 10% advantage because of no state income tax, so that's $36M+ to match, less whatever "hometown" discount Geno will give.

It would be GREAT if the Seahawks could sign Geno for appx $30M/year for 3-4 years. They'll have the cap to do that type of contract without killing their effective $30M cap next offseason.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Sorry read my post Geno, agent or not, is not going to go spastic on Pete.
"Read my post"?? Are you under some delusional misconception that something you posted is in some way authoritative?

And, how is Geno getting a top-tier QB contract "going spastic"?