Drew Lock Out Thursday vs. Bears (COVID-19)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree RD, it is not a critical circumstance but with Pete and now Lock the team would be smart to now bear down on testing to ensure they don’t have an asymptomatic super spreader on the roster.

They now get to see Jake Eason in real game action perhaps earlier than he might have had an opportunity otherwise.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well dang! I was seriously jazzed about watching Lock with the 1's tomorrow. Guess we will have to wait until the last preseason game but I doubt the 1's will be playing long since that is traditionally the game where all the backups get most their playing time to try to make the final 53.

Pete: "Hey Drew, we're going to say you got COVID. You know this really isn't a competition. The players really love Geno and I just can't have you coming in and disrupting that."

😈

RiverDog

Reaction score
I agree RD, it is not a critical circumstance but with Pete and now Lock the team would be smart to now bear down on testing to ensure they don’t have an asymptomatic super spreader on the roster.

They now get to see Jake Eason in real game action perhaps earlier than he might have had an opportunity otherwise.
The league has authorized testing "when clinically indicated and/or at the direction of the club physician”, so they do have the authority to institute mandatory testing for the team and considering that a positive results in a 5-day self-isolation, it would be a good idea to require that all players, coaches, and staff to test daily as you've indicated.

The Hawks were the best team in the league at keeping Covid from affecting their operations last season, not having a positive test until late in the season, so I would imagine that they'll be on top of this.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

With Carroll confirming that Lock actually got to feeling pretty sick yesterday during practice, I retract my previous judgement of his performance

Competition is back on, baby

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As a Husky fan, as low as my expectations are for either Geno or Lock, I still think threatening us with Eason potentially starting is a terrible thing to do.

Just leave the space open and let someone from the CFL take it at least. I already suffered through Eason as QB for one of my teams.

It feels unfair to suggest I might have to suffer through that again. I've done my time.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That sucks. But it explains Drew's poor performance. I want to see the kid starting and playing with the 1's, but I also think he would benefit from a Sports Psychologist. He seems a little ADD, and could use some tricks to keep his mind focused on the job at hand.

I'm happy for Geno though, and look forward to seeing him play tomorrow.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I for one am disappointed that we won't see Lock on Thursday am wondering if Pete's decision isn't already made between the two players or if Pete isn't trying to be obtuse or doing a bit of rope a dope with this situation.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Please, no more psychology majors, and no more psychobabble acronyms.
I'd rather that Drew received therapy from a plumber, or an electrician.
Let's not disparage everyone who suffers from some form of mental illness or learning disability, OK?

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Let's not disparage everyone who suffers from some form of mental illness or learning disability, OK?
I wasn't disparaging anyone who suffers from any illness.
But psychologists are not doctors.
Psychiatrists are doctors.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
That's not who he was disparaging. Except to the extent that people with mental illnesses or learning disabilities become psychologists.

I have a degree in counseling psychology. One of the things that surprised me about the field is the number of people who get into it to get themselves fixed. That, plus the fact that multiple contradictory theories can all be considered equally valid, are why I never pursued a career in it.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
That's not who he was disparaging. Except to the extent that people with mental illnesses or learning disabilities become psychologists.
Yes, my bad for over reacting...it's mostly just that I have a friend with 2 psychology degrees, which make him ridiculously entitled.
Just for example, even if he were capable of screwing in a lightbulb...he would refuse to touch the lightbulb.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Good example of reasonable people having a reasonable discussion that leads to a shared understanding above.

Latest posts