Drew Lock Out Thursday vs. Bears (COVID-19)

Mizak

Reaction score
He was practicing with the first team starters right? hope he didn’t pass it on to them.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Geno did play well if Fant drags a foot and Melton catches a ball in the chest he’d have had a perfect passer rating. I also like Lock a lot so it’ll boil down to the last preseason game for Lock. Eason might play a whole half

GemCity

Reaction score
And…you’ve probably seen the post by now, Walker has a hernia. Hopefully it’s the 25 day’ish type hernia and not the 6-month, I’ll never be the same hernia.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Well if Geno isn't able to fully take command of QB1 while Drew is out then he never will.
Same can be said of Lock, as he's had a chance to pull away as well and simply hasn't... although today's poor practice could've been affected by COVID if he's symptomatic

This is a bummer, for Lock AND for the competition

CPHawk

Reaction score
Good. Everything is progressing as planned. Now we just need someone to punch Geno again, and 1st pick here we come. S/

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Heard Lock on Sirius XM NFL network this afternoon before he knew he wouldn’t play and after the team had designated him as the starter for Thursday night, he was pumped up and ready to go. Suspect he’s seriously now bummed by this.

Lock wants to be the starter and sounds like the guy the team will ultimately pick for the job. He was interviewed by Pat Kirwin who used to work with Pete, it was a good easy to read into interview, and worth listening to if you have the link and I don’t as I don’t have the SiriusXM digital link just the radio in my car.

Shortly after him Jim Miller interviewed Geno, my thought was Lock won and would have been my choice. Geno came across stronger than I have ever head from him prior, but seems missing that “follow me” vibe. However, Lock appeared/sounded stronger, maybe that’s my personal bias showing through but I was trying to be objective.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
So long as Lock tests negative and is symptom free in 5 days, he'll be good to go. The timing isn't all that bad as even after he returns, there's still 3 weeks and one preseason game before the opener on 9/12, so there's plenty of time for him to get work with the #1 unit. This is more of an inconvenience and personal disappointment for Lock than it is anything else.

But it does bring up another topic. Although the Covid protocols have been suspended for this season, players that test positive still must self-quarantine for 5 days. Although it won't be as bad as it was last year, Covid could still impact player availability this season.