Down to 4 options

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Quinn
Johnson
Macdonald
Vrabel

Imo one of these will be the new hc. If not named before tomorrow or Saturday I'm thinking it's Macdonald or Johnson. Why hold out otherwise??

toffee

Reaction score
Quinn
Johnson
Macdonald
Vrabel

Imo one of these will be the new hc. If not named before tomorrow or Saturday I'm thinking it's Macdonald or Johnson. Why hold out otherwise??
Ain't Johnson going to DC?

CactusJack

Reaction score
Quinn
Johnson
Macdonald
Vrabel

CactusJack

Reaction score
They can talk but can't hire
They can talk to Ben Johnson next week at the earliest. But they can't talk to MacDonald until the Ravens are eliminated. If the Ravens win, then they can't talk to him until after the Super Bowl.

The league has new rules in place for hiring coaches.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Although at this point he's a long shot, I wouldn't rule out Vrabel. But my guess is that had they wanted him or Quinn that they would have pulled the trigger by now, which leaves Johnson and McDonald, which would explain why they haven't hired anyone yet.

I'd be very surprised if everyone passes on Vrabel. My guess is that he ends up with the Commanders.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They can talk to Ben Johnson next week at the earliest. But they can't talk to MacDonald until the Ravens are eliminated. If the Ravens win, then they can't talk to him until after the Super Bowl.

The league has new rules in place for hiring coaches.
That's what I heard too, but do we know why? Both teams are active. I don't understand

Fade

Reaction score
Way more than 4 options available.

Belichick w/McDaniels would be incredible.

Top 10 Defense and top 10 offense, with a top 5 special teams with that hire.

Probably won't happen, but damn. That is on the table still. There are so many great coaches available and only 2 openings left that it's going to be hard to be disappointed with whoever they hire.

The Seahawks are clearly holding out for Ben Johnson. Otherwise, they would've already hired someone.

I don't think MacDonald is on the table.