Donkey fans are upset at KJ threatening pick routes...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":1pqfa22b said:
Few more Bronco forum gems...

"to be honest I NEVER really heard of the name Sherman until his little escapade , and I have watched several SeaHawks games this year.. so I have been confused when they keep saying how good this guy is..."

"I came over with Peyton and EVEN I knew who the champ was ....... this Sherman guy I can HONESTLY SAY that I NEVER heard of him before all this mouth stuff..."

"I have watched several about 5 SeaHawk games this year and picked em in the football picks and either he had a bad game or didn't show up cause I cant speak on something the announcers never said and Sherman WAS NOT mentioned... has nothing to do with orange colored glasses....just like the NFC game he made one lucky play at the end of the game could have went either way by inches"

Albeit, this came from the same person (chrissy rules), but my goodness....
My brain it hurts BAD....boss. Seriously they have no concept of what a shutdown CB does, really?

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1rc8y59s said:
brendonkuhn":1rc8y59s said:

"to be honest I NEVER really heard of the name Sherman until his little escapade , and I have watched several SeaHawks games this year.. so I have been confused when they keep saying how good this guy is..."

"I came over with Peyton and EVEN I knew who the champ was ....... this Sherman guy I can HONESTLY SAY that I NEVER heard of him before all this mouth stuff..."

"I have watched several about 5 SeaHawk games this year and picked em in the football picks and either he had a bad game or didn't show up cause I cant speak on something the announcers never said and Sherman WAS NOT mentioned... has nothing to do with orange colored glasses....just like the NFC game he made one lucky play at the end of the game could have went either way by inches"

My brain it hurts BAD....boss. Seriously they have no concept of what a shutdown CB does, really?

In defense of their fan base, it was just one person making all those posts. It drove me to sign up and respond haha.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Rub routes are legal, pick routes toe the line. Rub routes take more skill and timing, pick routes take timing. You'll never get flagged for a rub route, but you will get penalized for a pick route. The Air Raid offense in college is all about rub routes.

Denver's pick routes are clever and well designed, but they are also bordering on illegal. Just as the Seahawks border on illegal with their physical play in the back half.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Going across the middle against the Seahawks will have consequences. Just ask Vernon Davis. Nothing wrong with a little "you hit us we hit you"

Polaris

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1ebgwlv2 said:
Going across the middle against the Seahawks will have consequences. Just ask Vernon Davis. Nothing wrong with a little "you hit us we hit you"

Donate Blood: Run a short middle route against Seattle.

djb28

Reaction score
Well they are right about one thing over there. It is going to be a "Hard Hitting Dog Fight" The only problem is that it wont be their Defense doing it!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Starrman44":27ca7gg9 said:
Funny how Sherman hasn't made a play, but he led the league in picks.

Not only that, but Sherman led the NFL in INTs even though he was thrown at the least number of times for a player with his amount of snaps.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":24jff041 said:
MizzouHawkGal":24jff041 said:
brendonkuhn":24jff041 said:

"I have watched several about 5 SeaHawk games this year and picked em in the football picks and eithery he had a bad game or didn't show up cause I cant speak on something the announcers never said and Sherman WAS NOT mentioned... has nothing to do with orange colored glasses....just like the NFC game he made one lucky play at the end of the game could have went either way by inches"

In defense of their fan base, it was just one person making all those posts. It drove me to sign up and respond haha.
You obviously have far more patience then myself but don't they understand passing it 5 yards will only get you 5 yards? Given we don't give YAC and actually tackle people? Or that the middle is OURS? Or that our base is an 8 man front to force you to pass outside the hashes or drive it down the field for Earl? And don't blitz? Confused I am. Boss.:)

Polaris

Reaction score
djb28":1d10mbrg said:
Well they are right about one thing over there. It is going to be a "Hard Hitting Dog Fight" The only problem is that it wont be their Defense doing it!

New Orleans also thought they could 'prove their manhood' and get into a "Hard Hitting Dog Fight" with Seattle too during the Divisional Round.

We know how that worked out.

Starrman44

Reaction score
HawkFan72":f3z4o1kk said:
Starrman44":f3z4o1kk said:
Funny how Sherman hasn't made a play, but he led the league in picks.

Not only that, but Sherman led the NFL in INTs even though he was thrown at the least number of times for a player with his amount of snaps.

Exactly, I'm just making the short argument. You can even get into times targeted, passes defended, and the other tip play that got ET a pick. The fact that he has had the presence of mind to do it twice in a relatively short time span is nothing short of awesome.

I mean, I acknowledge the excellence of Manning and the complete physical package that #88 possesses, but sometimes it seems other fans don't want to acknowledge Sherm. They must just dislike him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Oh yeah methinks Maxwell is PISSED. Second best cornerback in the NFL yet everyone is expecting Peyton to target him, seriously? With that arm? C'mon man! Denver's only realistic chance to win is to get their running game going.

plyka

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3mdoay09 said:
Rub routes are legal, pick routes toe the line. Rub routes take more skill and timing, pick routes take timing. You'll never get flagged for a rub route, but you will get penalized for a pick route. The Air Raid offense in college is all about rub routes.

Denver's pick routes are clever and well designed, but they are also bordering on illegal. Just as the Seahawks border on illegal with their physical play in the back half.

The seahawks do nothing anymore illegal than any other secondary in the league. In fact combined defensive pass interference plus defensive holding, Denver has just one less called over the entire season. This is a meme that's been created about the seahawks in the media. If you haven't noticed, things don't necessarily need to be true in order for the media to talk about it as though it is true beyond question.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
The Broncos WRs are pretty big.if their numbers are right, most are big as if not bigger than Kam. Not saying they can't be more physical. But I don't know if we'll see much man handling.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":13clan73 said:
The Broncos WRs are pretty big.if their numbers are right, most are big as if not bigger than Kam. Not saying they can't be more physical. But I don't know if we'll see much man handling.

I'm predicting a lot of BIG hits in this game. Just what we want to see.....more time for commercials! :roll:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Like most finesse teams, Denver will make a bit of a show of trying to act big and strong for a while. Then they will beg for flags. Then their arms will get short. After which they will lose.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honestly I'd LOOOOVE to see Bruce, Bobby, KJ, or Kam lay the smack down on any of their receivers trying to set picks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":t6421lmb said:
Problem is they are SOFT despite their size. Remember Denver's offense is all about timing unlike ours. Which means you never want to get into a scrum because it will mess Peyton up.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bigger WR trying to focus on the ball, big defensive back focusing on delivering as much force to the receiver as possible and hope to dislodge the ball. It's gonna hurt a lot.

Also a bigger guy is also a bigger traget, smaller quick guys can get taken down easier but also have the ability to not get hit solid. Vernon Davis size guys don't instinctivley twist or turn to limit impact, they are used to being a guy that feels they can take a hit and it takes more then one guy to bring them down.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I figure if San Diego pulled off our basic game in Denver and killed them why can't we with better players across the board? Very few in the media understand we will have 7-8 in box as opposed to the 5-6 man fronts Peyton always faces because we are 1 of 3 teams that get real pressure with 4 guys. Hence please do the short game, please?