Does Redskin playoff game come with asterisk?

Seeker

Reaction score
you don't get to use the "he was injured" excuse because griffin is always gonna be injured.
that is part of his game because he isn't smart enough to slide (and because your playing football in a sandlot).

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
m0ng0":3mzy3ll0 said:
They took the exact opposite approach that Carroll and the hawks did. We literally forced Russ to be a quarterback FIRST, once he got a grip on that then we opened things up and allowed him to freelance.

No asterisk here.

Excellent point.

In battle, each side brings the best they got. In that time and place yesterday, our best was better. Media will go on about Griffin's knee b/c they only get to talk about him for a few more days before the playoffs roll on without him.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Heck no, I mean he was healthy enough to beat the Cowboys just the week prior. Our D just settled in and took charge, unlike what other teams could do. Although I do think it would have been a bit different had he been healthy.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1q27n884 said:
It looks like RGIII could miss most or all of the 2013 if the rumors are true :(
That is a damned shame. Hope it doesn't turn out to be true. Great kid, great player. The NFL is better for him being part of it.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Blitzer88":32vsu7vb said:
Heck no, I mean he was healthy enough to beat the Cowboys just the week prior. Our D just settled in and took charge, unlike what other teams could do. Although I do think it would have been a bit different had he been healthy.

He looked almost like his old self the first 2 drives of the game for us.

Your defense realized he was hurt after the 2nd touchdown drive, then stacked the box and dared him to beat them with his arm. He couldn't.

Dallas played deep safeties all game and allowed Morris to run over them. In retrospect, in RGIIIs hobbled condition, they probably should have done what you did.

DericLee

Reaction score
Did the Steelers win against the Bengals come with an asterisk in the 2005 playoffs?

Didn't think so.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3penmwhz said:
RiggoReincarnated":3penmwhz said:
It looks like RGIII could miss most or all of the 2013 if the rumors are true :(
That is a damned shame. Hope it doesn't turn out to be true. Great kid, great player. The NFL is better for him being part of it.

Holy crap. I just heard he could be out an estimated 14-18 months. They're saying maybe the torn ACL and PCL story is premature, and maybe this is a 'worst case scenario,' but that is terrible if true.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that he probably tore his ACL and PCL...thats truly sad hes a good dude.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Seeker":2rsun279 said:
you don't get to use the "he was injured" excuse because griffin is always gonna be injured.
that is part of his game because he isn't smart enough to slide (and because your playing football in a sandlot).
Bingo.

Okungfu

Reaction score
I just saw where the MRI was inconclusive and he will travel to Florida to see Dr Andrews who is at the Notre Dam/Alabama game tomorrow . If its torn its the second time, that and another knee injury may make him a pocket passer

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
If you don't got depth in your team, you are not built as a championship team. That's all there is too it.

Jack Straw

Reaction score
You know, as a skins fan my inclination is to say yes :p but this is part of the game. It's all about how you build depth, it's all about how you adjust in game, it's all about making the right decision (pull Robert after first quarter?)

I'm really impressed with how Seattle gutted out the game after getting knocked on their ass in the first Quarter. I really thought after the 2nd TD that we were going to cruise to a 28-21 win, especially when we seem to rattle Russell with pressure - that was real surprising, especially after going back and watching 4 of his last games.

Good luck against Atlanta ...

I wonder if they are going to bring pressure similiar to the skins?? If so, I wonder how Pete will counter that. Screens? Moving the pocket?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Would there be an asterisk for any other game a QB gets hurt?

I think we all knew this would be brought up eventually...