Does anyone else notice...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Of course. The past few seasons became the Russ show. Russ this Russ that. Russ doesn't have this Russ doesn't have that. When you build a culture around everyone playing there part and being held accountable then you have one guy that needs to be protected from his poor play you completely de rail everything. It is so refreshing to be honest, I haven't been this excited about a season since probably Metcalf's 2nd year which turned out to be a disappointment. This feels very 2011/2012 like which is great and what this team needed.
ABSOLUTELY T-H-I-S ^^^^^^^^^^
I do NOT HATE RUSS, but I am glad that the ME,ME,ME, Wilson is no longer sucking up all the oxygen.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Our pass secondary may not be the best but it’s not the worst either. Russ, is not “shredding” any defenses.

When was Russ able to “shred” any defense?

Russ’ biggest strength is also his only go-to move.

Let’s be real, Russ, lives and dies with the deep throws. He doesn’t like to play the short passes. Russ, is not of the caliber a natural thrower as Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Brady, and even Herbert.

How is Russ to “shred” Seattle? Throw deep and throw into double coverage deep? I’m telling you, Diggs, will pick Wilson off.

We’ve seen too many games where Wilson does his “moon” balls but he doesn’t throw receivers in stride to shred defenses.

Zone defenses is Wilson’s Achilles heel. Always has been and always will be. Spy Wilson with Brooks, and play Cover 3 and Cover 4 and Wilson will struggle and get sacked a bunch of times behind Denver’s offensive line, which, isn’t all that good either.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Zone defenses is Wilson’s Achilles heel. Always has been and always will be. Spy Wilson with Brooks, and play Cover 3 and Cover 4 and Wilson will struggle and get sacked a bunch of times behind Denver’s offensive line, which, isn’t all that good either.

I'm seeing the Broncos' offensive line ranked in the top ten, even the top five sometimes. Five days ago, an article on ESPN ranked the Broncos' OL fourth in the league overall, fifth in pass blocking, and sixth in run blocking.

I believe the perception of the Bronco's OL's pass blocking will change drastically this season, but for now, it's considered one of the very best in the league.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Our pass secondary may not be the best but it’s not the worst either. Russ, is not “shredding” any defenses.

Let’s be real, Russ, lives and dies with the deep throws. He doesn’t like to play the short passes. Russ, is not of the caliber a natural thrower as Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Brady, and even Herbert.

How is Russ to “shred” Seattle? Throw deep and throw into double coverage deep? I’m telling you, Diggs, will pick Wilson off.

We’ve seen too many games where Wilson does his “moon” balls but he doesn’t throw receivers in stride to shred defenses.

Exactly. Great post btw. Nice to hear from someone that actually gets it

toffee

Reaction score

Our CBs had some success against Russ in practice, remember Sherm shouted "you suck" at the brand after an INT?

For this game, Pete should invite sherm on the sideline just for fun.

Come to think of it, Sherman is going to HOF, if Russ couldn't bring Bronco to Superbowl, ummm, he might have long wait for his, or not?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Our CBs had some success against Russ in practice, remember Sherm shouted "you suck" at the brand after an INT?

For this game, Pete should invite sherm on the sideline just for fun.

Come to think of it, Sherman is going to HOF, if Russ couldn't bring Bronco to Superbowl, ummm, he might have long wait for his, or not?
Russ is a first ballot HOF. Anything else is delusional.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Denver's receiving corp is significantly diminished since TC began. Two toppers for them with season ending injuries. Our DS will play with anyone, they are not a weakness. Neither is our D Line. I can see our D keeping us in a lot of games. On the other side of the ball, stacking the line against our run is not going to work. Just because we don't have a Brady under center doesn't mean the guys we have can't throw the ball pretty darned well. We're going to beat the predictions, even though our schedule is scary. I thought we were going to be, at best, 5-6 wins. I'm going for the upgrade and have to do some trading to get the young QB we want next year.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yeah, after all, season after season, Russell "the Brand" Wilson has consistently gotten league MVP votes from sophisticated voters around the league who recognize that the 'Hawks would be hot garbage without him.

So with all those MVP votes Russell has gotten over the years, for sure he's a shoe-in for first ballot HOFer. Not to mention his multiple Super Bowl MVP awards for SB48 and especially his MVP from SB49 where he delivered the victory with a clutch play at the 1 yard line.
</sarcasm>

So the league MVP voters and SB MVP voters are delusional too?

I say Russell's HOF 1st ballot standing will be determined by what, if anything, he achieves in Denver. To a lot of non-Seattle NFL fans, if you say "what is Russell Wilson known for?", they might respond "Yeah, isn't he the QB who choked away the Super Bowl when he threw a pick at the 1 yard line with the game on the line?" or "Yeah, he's the dude that just got traded to Denver".

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Wilson appears to be on track for election to the Hall of Fame, but there's still significant uncertainty, and his success in Denver will be very important in deciding whether he's a first-ballot HoFer, a non-first-ballot HoFer, or not a HoFer at all.

Given that Wilson wanted out of Seattle and had a no-trade clause (and rejected a trade to Washington that would have been noticeably better for the Seahawks than the Broncos trade ended up being), Wilson clearly could choose his destination. He chose Denver, thinking that was where he could win. So if he doesn't perform at a top-tier level (and win titles) with Denver, no excuses. And that's how HoF voters will see it.

EDITED to add two things:
1) I didn't see @olyfan63's post before making mine. They were posted within a minute of each other. But we said basically the same thing.
2) Bob Griese has appeared on lists of most-undeserving HoF inductees. He was only elected in his fifth year of eligibility. But Griese called his own plays, his Dolphins had the best winning percentage in the NFL (and all pro sports!) in the 1970s, he placed fourth and second in MVP voting, and he was first-team All-Pro twice. Russell Wilson has been second-team All-Pro once and has never gotten a single vote for MVP. It is not at all clear that Wilson will be a first-ballot HoFer. We (and the HoF voters) will have to see what he does in Denver.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Yeah, after all, season after season, Russell "the Brand" Wilson has consistently gotten league MVP votes from sophisticated voters around the league who recognize that the 'Hawks would be hot garbage without him.

So with all those MVP votes Russell has gotten over the years, for sure he's a shoe-in for first ballot HOFer. Not to mention his multiple Super Bowl MVP awards for SB48 and especially his MVP from SB49 where he delivered the victory with a clutch play at the 1 yard line.
</sarcasm>

So the league MVP voters and SB MVP voters are delusional too?

I say Russell's HOF 1st ballot standing will be determined by what, if anything, he achieves in Denver. To a lot of non-Seattle NFL fans, if you say "what is Russell Wilson known for?", they might respond "Yeah, isn't he the QB who choked away the Super Bowl when he threw a pick at the 1 yard line with the game on the line?" or "Yeah, he's the dude that just got traded to Denver".
or that dude likes to run in circles before throw a long bomb.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Woolen and Bryant are two names that quarterbacks will come to know. We absolutely scored on these rookies and the overall draft class is shaping up to be pretty special. I noticed Swain beat out Melton for the third receiver and looks like we might roll with Goodwin as our 4th if Eskridge can’t seem to stay healthy. Bryant has a natural trademark kick step and Woolen has a lot of range and recovery speed. He’s a beast

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Wilson appears to be on track for election to the Hall of Fame, but there's still significant uncertainty, and his success in Denver will be very important in deciding whether he's a first-ballot HoFer, a non-first-ballot HoFer, or not a HoFer at all.

Given that Wilson wanted out of Seattle and had a no-trade clause (and rejected a trade to Washington that would have been noticeably better for the Seahawks than the Broncos trade ended up being), Wilson clearly could choose his destination. He chose Denver, thinking that was where he could win. So if he doesn't perform at a top-tier level (and win titles) with Denver, no excuses. And that's how HoF voters will see it.

EDITED to add two things:
1) I didn't see @olyfan63's post before making mine. They were posted within a minute of each other. But we said basically the same thing.
2) Bob Griese has made lists of most-undeserving HoF inductees. He was only elected in his fifth year of eligibility. But Griese called his own plays, his Dolphins had the best winning percentage in the NFL (and all pro sports!) in the 1970s, he placed fourth and second in MVP voting, and he was first-team All-Pro twice. Russell Wilson has been second-team All-Pro once and has never gotten a single vote for MVP. It is not at all clear that Wilson will be a first-ballot HoFer. We (and the HoF voters) will have to see what he does in Denver.
So is Aaron Rodgers a first ballot HOF'er? becuase with 3 less seasons, Wilson's stats are on track to be very similar to Aaron. Including the 2nd highest passer rating in the history of the NFL.

toffee

Reaction score
So is Aaron Rodgers a first ballot HOF'er? becuase with 3 less seasons, Wilson's stats are on track to be very similar to Aaron. Including the 2nd highest passer rating in the history of the NFL.
Very good points, I am still of the opinion that the next two seasons will make or break Wilson's HOF. Rodgers does have MVPs, and multiple first team all pro to back up his chances.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Very good points, I am still of the opinion that the next two seasons will make or break Wilson's HOF. Rodgers does have MVPs, and multiple first team all pro to back up his chances.
Russ made all pro and is one of only 3 QB's to pass for 30TD's in 4 consecutive seasons in NFL history. Also has more comeback wins than Rodgers in 3 less seasons.