Does anyone else notice...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's not wrong. I HOPE he's wrong, but Russ is going to shred this Defense. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that he was my favorite player. He's just gonna' come in here next level focused and we've seen what a pissed off Russ can do.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It’s easy for threads to go off topic, however, the topic is about noticing a change in the team’s culture without Wilson. It’s not about people’s views on how many games the team will win early with a fast start.

Let’s try to stay on topic.

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I agree that there is a significant culture change and its nothing but a positive for the team. The cancer has been removed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do see a team relieved that they aren't being held hostage by the daily drama of their QB's ongoing I want to stay I don't want to stay media nonsense.

But does that equate to wins? Eh, not so sure about that.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
He's not wrong. I HOPE he's wrong, but Russ is going to shred this Defense. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that he was my favorite player. He's just gonna' come in here next level focused and we've seen what a pissed off Russ can do.

Then I guess he wasn't pissed off in any postseason games since the third quarter of XLIX.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Expectation noted. So then if the Seahawks have more than two wins, the Seahawks will have exceeded expectations. And if Wilson's new team fails to win big in the opener, Wilson and his new team will have underperformed.
for sure!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I dont think you folks understand how anemic this offense is going to be. Stack the box and make a back up QB beat you. That's what you will see for the next 2 seasons.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think Denver's defense could once again be legit this season. Very strong pass rush with Chubb, Gregory, Reed and Cooper and I liked the rookie they added in Nik Bonitto. They brought DJ Jones over from the 49ers and Dre'Mont Jones could be a future all-pro up front. Their secondary is also good enough (Surtain, Darby, Simmons, Jackson) to capitalize on any poor decisions that our QBs make.

On offense they have one of the best receiver groups in the NFL and of course Russ, but hopefully their OL is bad enough that we can get some pressure. Right now I believe their RT, C and LG positions are still an open competition and hopefully there's a lack of chemistry there week 1. Our pass rush looks like the key to the game and if we aren't getting there then it could be a pretty long day for us.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I dont think you folks understand how anemic this offense is going to be. Stack the box and make a back up QB beat you. That's what you will see for the next 2 seasons.
I'll be interested to see what teams do as that's actually a moderately risky strategy against us. Single coverage against DK and Tyler significantly reduces the difficulty for our 'backup QBs' to succeed with throws down the field. On the other hand, defenses that limit the big play opportunities and force our QBs to move the ball by completing many short passes will take advantage of inconsistent play or poor decisions. My guess is we will continue to see a lot of cover two with an emphasis on disguised blitzes and pre-snap movement.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Maybe we will see a pissed off Drew Lock shred Denver’s defense. 🤷🏻‍♂️

John63

Reaction score
I think people see what they want to see and blame or point fingers at who they want to. I mean you don't think all the new coaches may have had something to do with it? Nope, it's got to be Wilson is gone. I think most of you are pathetic that you feel the need to continually bash the guy. For those wondering Denver is saying the same thing only that having Wilson has changed things for the better. That aside I understand some of you have decided Wilson is the devil, you bought into the fake narrative and are now fully entrenched. To bad.

Now back to actual football, no the changes you see are due to the new coaching staff, and the fact there are a lot of questions and very little pressure as no one expects much, and rightfully so. As to the season, this is at best as it stands now a 5-win team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think people see what they want to see and blame or point fingers at who they want to. I mean you don't think all the new coaches may have had something to do with it? Nope, it's got to be Wilson is gone. I think most of you are pathetic that you feel the need to continually bash the guy. For those wondering Denver is saying the same thing only that having Wilson has changed things for the better. That aside I understand some of you have decided Wilson is the devil, you bought into the fake narrative and are now fully entrenched. To bad.

Now back to actual football, no the changes you see are due to the new coaching staff, and the fact there are a lot of questions and very little pressure as no one expects much, and rightfully so. As to the season, this is at best as it stands now a 5-win team.

Ah, the new coaching staff, comprised mostly of guys who were already on the coaching staff, and almost all on the defensive side replacing the notably beloved Ken Norton Jr.

Yep. That checks out, bud.

PS: Nice little freakout at the beginning there. "Pathetic," huh?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Starting 5-1 is unlikely. Our defense will just be starting to gel by game 4-5, maybe even 6.
Hoping for 3-3 feels more appropriate.
Some of those teams are looking at us as one of the easy wins on their schedule because we have no QB. For the same reasons that some of us are projecting us to beat certain teams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

So even though former players and coaches have confirmed their frustration and eye rolling with how Russell and his agent operate, you still think this?

Wilson's great, maybe even the greatest Hawk of all time. Debatable for sure.

But you're delusional if you haven't seen how his corny fake ass has affected the locker room, and how his talking out both sides of his mouth about his wish to be traded because he didn't like how he was being used, and the team was constructed grew EXTREMELY tiring for all involved.

Latest posts