Do You Guys Think The XFL Will Return

ComradeCoconut

Reaction score
I have always been thinking since the XFL canceled its first season and didn't return to play in 2021 I'm kind of doubting if the XFL will return for a 2022 season. When I saw the XFL was returning back in the old days of early 2020 I was quite excited cause I loved the concept of a football league that wasn't using conventional American football rules I loved the concept and I watched the Dragon's first game and I loved it. My only thing with the XFL is that it is so unconventional I don't think it will succeed in the long run if it does return in 2023 and runs for more than 5 seasons I will be very surprised and if it goes to 10 seasons i might consider spending all of my money on Seattle Dragons season tickets

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Rock and his exwife are running it.
Supposed to be back in 2023.

Seattle had one of the better supported teams.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Not only will it be back, it will overtake the NFL in popularity. Give it a hundred years. Trust me.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like it is coming back and I for one am excited. I remember the first incarnation was a total flop. All flash, no substance and it died a deserved, quick death. Then the second incarnation came out and I was shocked. The talent was great, the competition was strong and the games were totally entertaining. They took the game seriously like it deserves and I became a fan of the Dragons...I was super bummed to hear that COVID pretty much destroyed the league, but hearing The Rock and others are reviving it again gives me hope. I love Spring Football, especially if it is competitive and entertaining which this last incarnation was.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
The Rock and his exwife are running it.
Supposed to be back in 2023.

Seattle had one of the better supported teams.

Was going to say the same thing. I think it will have a chance it DJ can get it going correctly.

DJrmb

Reaction score
The XFL is doing things the right way to build a sustainable secondary football league in my opinion. They're creating creative and mutually beneficial relationships with the NFL, which is going to help them tremendously. All these other leagues seem to want to "do it on their own" or maybe they just don't have the connections that Dewayne Johnson has. Either way, the only way a second league makes it in my opinion is by partnering with the NFL and being an asset to them so that they can tap into those big dollars...

XFL partners with NFL alumni academy