Do You Guys Think The NFL Prefer The Bronocs To Win..?

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets see Heinz Ward, Ben Rothisberger, Harrison, Beilichek, Ray Louis, I don't know the trend doesn't dictate thats the case.

A

Anonymous

I think all of the controversy surrounding the officiating debacle at XL gave the NFL a black eye in terms of it's officiating program. I don't recall all of the details (slept since then) but I recall during the off-season several articles regarding changes in how the officials were qualified and so forth. It was a big topic at the ownership meetings, and that whole thing started a wave of changes in the rules themselves that we all follow. The fallout was measureable, and the league took steps. The reaction the league had as a result of the Niners/Panthers playoff game calls is indicative of how the NFL wants to ensure incorrect calls don't influence the outcomes.

That being said, I'm not so naïve as to say that a bad call won't happen, but I will bet the farm that these officials we will see in Superbowl won't make up phantom blocking in the back call on a QB who is trying to tackle the guy who just picked-off his pass. That still haunts me.

Personally, I think the Russell Wilson story is a better one than the Peyton Manning story this year. Touchdown records mean nothing for the human element, it's all about the beautiful wife and the too-short quarterback who make weekly visits to encourage pediatric chemotherapy patients.

Manning sells Buicks for crying out loud.

Emerald12

Reaction score
I really doubt that the NFL cares either way, they still make exactly the same amount of money. They prefer an exciting game, but I don't think that they care who wins the thing in the end. Conspiracy garbage that a shocking amount of people believe.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
chris98251":2lrwn32m said:
Lets see Heinz Ward, Ben Rothisberger, Harrison, Beilichek, Ray Louis, I don't know the trend doesn't dictate thats the case.

But that was Ben Rothisberger before all that rape accusation and Beilichek before spygate.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
pmedic920":20pc5xcx said:
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they ain't after you. :)
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they won't get you.

A

Anonymous

pmedic920":2z35pq4r said:
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they ain't after you. :)

Somebody has been hanging out with too many law enforcement folks at accident scenes...

:mrgreen:

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think the embarrassment of the officiating in Super Bowl XL led to changes where a repeat of the crap officiating will be unlikely.

I also think we're deep enough to withstand the key injuries that also factored into the XL loss. It was our thin secondary that was also a big factor in the XL loss. It was funny hearing the TV announcers when Maxwell got nicked up and went out for a few plays, talking about our "already depleted" secondary, as Walter Thurmond III takes the field in his place, a corner who could be the #1 corner on a lot of teams. Maxwell came back before long anyway.

Although, if Earl or Kam went out, they seem the least replaceable, especially Earl, against Peyton Manning. Don' know if they'd go with Lane or Maragos to spell Earl, but IIRC it was Maragos who played that spot in garbage time a couple games this year.

w00t

Reaction score
The refs will be on the broncos side. We need to play disciplined and have our DT's get some push up the middle and make Manning move around the pocket.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
w00t":n7y6p3yj said:
The refs will be on the broncos side. We need to play disciplined and have our DT's get some push up the middle and make Manning move around the pocket.

I have a feeling also. People want to see greatness and to them that's Peyton Manning.

mrblitz

Reaction score
a lot of people see peyton manning as a choker who should have had 4 or 5 rings by now.

wilson is a big star.

if the refs are even-ish we win.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They probably prefer Peyton, but there will be no fix in. Are you kidding me? You know how the media would react if we blatantly had officiating hand the Lombardi to the other team in a Super Bowl again?

The NFL wants none of that. The officiating will be pretty fair. It's always skewed at least a tiny bit in favor of one team or another, but I'm not even worried about it this time.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Eh, I dunno.

I think the league is perfectly aware of what happened last time.

If nothing else, the calls may go in our favor because of it.

Regardless, the last thing I want to read about by game's end is the refs. However it's called, hopefully it's even for both teams.