Do we draft a pass rusher over QB at 5?

Jville

Reaction score
This SB tonight proved that this is still an offense and QB driven league. It was all about the 2 QB's. There were lots of great pass rushers in this game and none of them did jack. Zero factor. Both defenses were awful.
i am not going to draw much in the way of inference from a game played on that deficient field in Arizona. It has earned a reputation as being one of the least desirable fields to visit. A reputation for being slippery from the on set and then deteriorating as a game progresses.

With all the past criticism of field conditions and injuries in games played in Arizona, i'm surprised that super bowl field condition isn't a bigger Monday topic.
.......................................................................................................
"Despite all the technology and care used to perfect the field for the most important game of the year, the surface seemed to be a nightmare for players throughout the game. Several Eagles players changed their cleats, including quarterback Jalen Hurts.

At the start of halftime, Fox’s Terry Bradshaw brought up field, criticizing the NFL for painting so much of the surface." https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/...slippery-field-conditions-in-super-bowl-lvii/

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
The Seahawks should be drafting and adding players that will build a complete team, not a quarterback. Look at our rival the 49'rs, that have the last player drafted, Brock Purdy, out performing their top draft choice quarterback Trey Lance...Meanwhile they are cutting loose Jimmy Garrapolo...

We are "sitting pretty" with our proven local quarterback talent. Hopefully we will re-sign Geno and can probably sign Drew Lock...Both players might be inclined to give a "hometown discount" on their contracts.

I hope that we go Defensive Line and EDGE for our top two choices such as Carter, Ika or Anderson, but as the draft plays out, I hope that we will grab Center John Michael Schmitz!

Last edited:

themunn

Reaction score
This SB tonight proved that this is still an offense and QB driven league. It was all about the 2 QB's. There were lots of great pass rushers in this game and none of them did jack. Zero factor. Both defenses were awful.

Wouldn't it stand to reason then that stopping the QB would put you at an advantage?

Smith this year was 30 TDs, 11 INTs, 4000+ yards, 70% completion, putting him in the top 5 QBs in the league last year. It stands to reason that with a full offseason where he is the annointed starter (no competition with Lock), and a first full year as a starter in nearly 10 years and film to watch, learn from, that he could improve that to say 35-8, 4500 yards. Even if we draft the next Mahomes (we won't) is the marginal gain above that worth overlooking areas where we are among the weakest in the league?

Chawker

Reaction score
At 5 we will get a dynamic player who we need, be it a QB or defensive player. My trust lies with John and Pete to shake the fruit tree and select the finest fruit that falls.

You know they will move around with some trades, they always do. Its the 20th pick thats a mystery too me. I think that they have an eye on a offensive player like Robinson or possibly Myer.

Cheers

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If you have a franchise QB at 5 you take him. If you don't then you go Edge or DT. That's how I think they're going to view it.
Who's the franchise QB?There is no clear pick for that.
I don't want any except Stroud(He will be gone)Hooker in 3rd-4th
We need D bad there is no way around that.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Who's the franchise QB?There is no clear pick for that.
I don't want any except Stroud(He will be gone)Hooker in 3rd-4th
We need D bad there is no way around that.
I mean based on how John sees it. If he sees a franchise guy he is going to take him. I'm curious to see how John views the group if one ends up falling and he's left with a choice between Carter and Young for example. You can also get a really good DT at 20 or early second so I wonder if that factors in too.

chrispy

Reaction score
Draft for grit 1st, brains 2nd and athleticism 3rd. Let open position needs work out in FAcy.