DK Metcalf now using sign language to talk trash

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And....here....we.....go......

Let me go make up a batch, this will be fun reading :)

I kid............I think it's hilarious. Football players talk trash, it's league-wide, has been for several decades. And yes, I'm a big DK fan. But, he absolutely earned the crap he's going to get in the future with these refs. It sucks, but they are def. going to have a shorter leash with him in the future.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
Lmao…good………………….👎…………………………………… 🤌

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

Smellyman

Reaction score
why dumb?
learning an entire language to trash talk that nobody on the field will understand is incredibly dumb. something a child might do. Plus it is not his trash talk that gets him in trouble, players talk trash all the time. He gets in trouble when other players trash talk and their play gets under his skin and he begins to lose his mind.
A little psychiatry or meditation would be a wiser move if he can't control his emotions.

F20222F102FScreen Shot 2022 10 24 at 102602 AM

Smellyman

Reaction score
So, because it's DK. Got it.
How is it impacting your life? My god people love to complain about everything. So much time putting down other people.
Then again, I knew this was coming. DK blasting is almost as bad as Adams blasting.
How you got that out of my post is mind blowing.

and how does it impact my life? nothing anybody does on playing football impacts my life. Lots of things in life don't impact me, but people can have opinions. I bet I could search your posts and find you complain about all sorts of stupid I find annoying. Actually I don't because that is exactly what you just did. Judas Priest.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You're basically calling him a child. How else should I take it? Have your opinion, that's great. Calling this stupid and acting like he's a child is just funny to me. That's all.
Agree to disagree, I find it annoying, you find me annoying. Nothing new. Meh. Go DK
This is funny.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
You're basically calling him a child. How else should I take it? Have your opinion, that's great. Calling this stupid and acting like he's a child is just funny to me. That's all.
Agree to disagree, I find it annoying, you find me annoying. Nothing new. Meh. Go DK
This is funny.
DK is a child, his childish antics have cost how many penalty yards. DK could learn a lot from Lockett. And for phucks sake, get rid if the pacifier mouth piece.

Torc

Reaction score
learning an entire language to trash talk that nobody on the field will understand is incredibly dumb. something a child might do. Plus it is not his trash talk that gets him in trouble, players talk trash all the time. He gets in trouble when other players trash talk and their play gets under his skin and he begins to lose his mind.
A little psychiatry or meditation would be a wiser move if he can't control his emotions.

Learning any language is never a wasted effort. Learning ASL is definitely not a wasted effort given how many people use it as their primary method of communication.

If DK has identified that he needs an outlet for frustration that won't get him flagged or fined, and he thinks ASL can be that outlet, it certainly won't hurt anything. I'm just happy he's acknowledged that it's an issue that he needs to take care of. I've seen comments on opponents' boards that all you have to do is get under his skin a bit and you'll get some good penalty yardage. If fans see that then obviously other teams do too.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Learning any language is never a wasted effort. Learning ASL is definitely not a wasted effort given how many people use it as their primary method of communication.

If DK has identified that he needs an outlet for frustration that won't get him flagged or fined, and he thinks ASL can be that outlet, it certainly won't hurt anything. I'm just happy he's acknowledged that it's an issue that he needs to take care of. I've seen comments on opponents' boards that all you have to do is get under his skin a bit and you'll get some good penalty yardage. If fans see that then obviously other teams do too.
Bingo

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was a fun interview. People should watch the whole thing before passing any harsh judgments. The ASL part of the interview was very brief. We also learned DK's top 5 candy treats he'd like to see on the meeting room table. If anything, the ASL thing might be like a touch-point reminder to himself to not run his mouth, but express himself in other ways. Or it could be just general growth, or maybe he has someone in his life who communicates via ASL.

ivotuk

Reaction score

Amen!

Before every game Boye Mafe signs "I Love you" to his mom who passed this year.

That was how they communicated, and I'll bet he's teaching DK sign language. Like said above, learning a new language, or any kind of learning, especially to improve one's lot in life, is absolute gold!

I LOVE DK. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how he acts, and reacts, as long as he can keep it under control. After all, it's that competitiveness that made him the Greek Receiving God that he is!

What I have no patience for from a receiver, is the Diva "I'm not getting the ball enough," and/or "I'm not blocking for the run if things aren't going my way."

I hated watching T.O. do it, but felt for the young man because he had it tough growing up, yet made something of himself. It was obvious that he was a passionate man, but his issues were letting his emotions get the better of himself.

I think there's a little of that in DK, strong emotions, extremely passionate, and expecting only the best of himself. It's likely what drives him.

I love what DK is doing because he recognizes where his problems lie, and he's working on things that will address those problems.

knownone

Reaction score

DK was obviously joking in the interview, and we don't know his true motivations for learning ASL. But learning a language specifically to talk trash is ridiculous. In that scenario, learning to shut your mouth is a much more efficient use of your time.

Latest posts