DK on penalties: 'Not going to change who I am'

Mizak

Reaction score

Confirmed Diva.

EDIT:

"We put all the penalties on the board in Monday's meetings and the guys who had the most were on the top, and he was up there with another guy," Carroll said. "We all have to acknowledge it and recognize what our issues are, whatever they are. It happens to be in this case he's getting called.

"He knows. He's got to clean it up. We have to make sure we're aware of how they're calling stuff. He's a very aggressive player, very physical and it stands out and he draws attention because of that. So we've got to be cleaner. He knows it and he's got to get it done."

Asked about Carroll's message in the team meeting, Metcalf downplayed the issue, saying, "It was just a board to me."

Bruh……..

Last edited:

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I get not changing how you play the game, but to blow it off as if there is NOTHING wrong with your on field issues...gtfo with that crap. If he was a generational talent I could see giving a little slack, but he's just not that.

I wo der how many other top players in that locker room think "it's just a board"? DK just doesn't get it and with that mindset, probably never will. Sadly.

Btw, I'm a DK fan and can understand the frustration with the refs, but at what point do you just stfu and play ball.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Grow the F___ up, DK!

Every penalty puts the team in a hole... and his 15-yarders are the worst because they are typically personal fouls stemming from his being goaded and then foolishly responding with violence after the whistle has blown. They are just REAL stupid fouls, especially at critical downs, distances and field positions.

Fade

Reaction score
Like I tried to tell ya guys in the last DK thread.

Pete's culture is to let guys be themselves. It would've been handled years ago if Pete wanted it to stop.

Pete can fix it with a simple benching every time he gets a 15 yarder, fix'd.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Wow. Yeah, honestly, I know I shot down the idea earlier this week in another thread, but if I was in charge, I'd start fielding trade offers.

That's just inexcusible. Completely selfish.

And shame on Carroll for not reprimanding him. I get he sticks up for his players, but there's a time and a place. Very unfortunate to read this.

Wheetie

Reaction score
There's a lot of guys on the team that I'm rooting for to win a Super Bowl...and now he's not one of them. At this point it would actually pain me to see him lift the Lombary trophy given his selfish attitude. I guess that means I'd like to see them move on from him.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I could look past his attitude issues if he performed better.

Why can't a guy with his incredible speed get more open than he does? It seems like most of his receptions are contested sideline catches, when I'd expect more Randy Moss type YAC plays.

Are these bad plays, or is he lazy, or is he already slowing down? Maybe o-line related... Plays not able to develop, etc...

Anyway... If he ever plays up to his potential, I bet his punk attitude will be more accepted as an entertaining personality quirk.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Give me the guy who gives it 100 every time. Plays through injuries and is aggressive to a fault. He’s also willing to block.

I know he’s got problems but there’s a lot of candy ass receivers out there.
Orrrrr, and hear me out, give me the guy like Fitzgerald who did ALL THAT and more sans the goofy, ill-timed, scoring drive killing flags.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Welp, every DB that covers him is probably going to talk shit and I'm expecting at least 2 penalties from DK every game. I guess one day Pete might learn but if he doesn't then oh well.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I concur with the consensus in this thread. Pete has to bench him, at least for a quarter. We have plenty of WR's, with Bobo, JSN, and Lockett, and all are currently healthy. There won't be a better time when we can do without him with such a relatively small impact on the team.

This is emblematic of Pete's managerial style, and one of the things that led to the demise of the LOB after we lost in SB 49. He's a weak disciplinarian. Players don't respect him. That's why guys like Michael Bennett would read books during meetings and why Beast and Earl Thomas flipped him off.