DK loves Candy

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This probably seems like it would normally be posted in the DK trade thread.

But honestly, since people might miss it - it seemed worth its own thread if there is a sliver of possibility this is true.

I have to believe it is an April Fool's joke. But it wasn't posted today it was the other day.

If you get a chance to watch it, do yourself a favor. Pretty funny stuff.

Apparently, Kevin Garnett has a podcast, asked DK about the value of nutrition and DK admits he probably isn't the best model for it because he eats 1 meal a day, coffee, and 3 to 4 bags of candy.

Worth the watch even if you think it is fake. Because I can totally see DK doing this.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score

26:50

When KG said 'Man, Define bags of candy...." I lost it.

He seems serious. That is hilarious.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Im thinking April Fools joke but the rest of the interview seems pretty serious and in depth. Imagine there is some poetic license/rampant exaggeration involved.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
There is some good info here if you pay attention to his answers and reactions. Great interview.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Bonney makes a good point.

Don't just get lost in the candy thing. There is some really good content, and DK isn't just floating in based on physical gifts. It is clear he devotes himself to understanding the tactics, techniques, and strategies that make offenses work and counter defenses.

xray

Reaction score
Bet he eats some cat too . oops..catfish .

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
DK probably has the metabolism of a Russian race horse. He could burn off that candy by getting up and taking a long protein loaded piss

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I haven't watched the video, but I read a bit of the stories about this 'diet'.

This HAS to be complete bullshit. Honestly - I've lifted before, and while I never got below 10% BF, I can assure you that DK's frame does not come from 40g of protein a day and 400 grams of carbs. More like the other way around, and with some either intermittent fasting, or a keto diet of some flavour. Jesus - he's like 5% body fat. Again, no 400g of carbs a day for him.

Seriously. Take that to the bank. I don't know WHAT he eats, but it ain't that.

rcaido

Reaction score
Low caloric deficit

He said his first meal is coffee which is around noon, so he is probably doing intermittent fasting....
Then bags of candy to hold him off till he eats his dinner.
400 calories per bag

For his height/weight and as professional athlete, he probably can eat up to 5,000 calories a day and still shred all that fat.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I haven't watched the video, but I read a bit of the stories about this 'diet'.

This HAS to be complete bullshit. Honestly - I've lifted before, and while I never got below 10% BF, I can assure you that DK's frame does not come from 40g of protein a day and 400 grams of carbs. More like the other way around, and with some either intermittent fasting, or a keto diet of some flavour. Jesus - he's like 5% body fat. Again, no 400g of carbs a day for him.

Seriously. Take that to the bank. I don't know WHAT he eats, but it ain't that.

Did he say what he ate for his one big meal at 8?

He's young enough, and his metabolism is humming enough with how hard he works out to destroy the daily candy fix. But yes, his one big meal would have to be much more than 40g of protein to maintain his size.

If not, no way he could get through his crazy workout regimen without becoming fatigued and losing muscle mass.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I like DK's response to the question about Drew Lock, "You just wait and see."

Latest posts