Diggs: "Taking Time Off"

WmHBonney

Reaction score
What Diggs said hinted that we have a problem with coaches on defense side of the ball, and some players too of course, but mainly at the coaching level.

We have a first time DC but Pete also hired a more qualified coach as his equal? Or, as his subordinate? Or, as his mentor? Mentor should be out as they are around the same age. When there are two bosses, often ended up as having none, which is sounding like the case. Players are playing with no discipline, and lacking abilities to execute and coordinating fundamental stuffs.

I speculate that Clint Hurtt and Sean Desai aren't on same page, I further suspect Clint is mainly handling the DL, Sean with DB, LB is a gray area that both putting conflicting influence on. With these two wrestling for whatever they are wrestling for, the players are getting conflicted instructions, which led to poor coordination on the field.

I suspect that Pete was trying to hands off and let Clint and Sean so it, but he put the wrong structure, all these might end up Pete taking over yet again, which will piss Sean off. If we hired Donahue, it would have worked better, but we somehow hired Sean AND Hurtt.
What we should have done is call Dan Quinn the second he was released by the Falcons.

hoxrox

Reaction score
What Diggs said hinted that we have a problem with coaches on defense side of the ball, and some players too of course, but mainly at the coaching level.

We have a first time DC but Pete also hired a more qualified coach as his equal? Or, as his subordinate? Or, as his mentor? Mentor should be out as they are around the same age. When there are two bosses, often ended up as having none, which is sounding like the case. Players are playing with no discipline, and lacking abilities to execute and coordinating fundamental stuffs.

I speculate that Clint Hurtt and Sean Desai aren't on same page, I further suspect Clint is mainly handling the DL, Sean with DB, LB is a gray area that both putting conflicting influence on. With these two wrestling for whatever they are wrestling for, the players are getting conflicted instructions, which led to poor coordination on the field.

I suspect that Pete was trying to hands off and let Clint and Sean so it, but he put the wrong structure, all these might end up Pete taking over yet again, which will piss Sean off. If we hired Donahue, it would have worked better, but we somehow hired Sean AND Hurtt.
Yeah it's apparent they are not on the same page. Pete said this week regarding the defense, that they had some "serious meetings" so we will see what that means in the coming weeks.

toffee

Reaction score
Yeah it's apparent they are not on the same page. Pete said this week regarding the defense, that they had some "serious meetings" so we will see what that means in the coming weeks.
It all started with the hiring of Hurtt, and the thought of hiring a mentor/pass defense guru to help him out. The thought was defendable, but the execution went serious wrong! First with the hiring and subsequent backing out of Donatell, now desperate, Pete went out to hiring Sean Desai who had no respect for Hurtt and squeezed Pete for a big title, a title bigger than Hurtt's who supposed to be his boss. At this point, Hurtt's failure means Desai can take over the whole defense, the two coaches' drama is impacting our defense.

See the mess? Pete dug a hole for himself.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it. The Seahawk's defensive struggles have as much to do with personnel decisions as anything. For example, according to PFF, DJ Reed is a top 10 corner, and Griffin is in the top 15. Both guys are roughly the same age as Michael Jackson, who, although showing promise, continues to make game-changing mistakes. Imagine either of them opposite Woolen, and you have a formidable young secondary. Similarly, go through the roster, and you'll find several instances where we've moved on from good players and replaced them with young inexperienced players or career journeymen.

This season, it feels intentional, like the front office is choosing the future benefits of developing young players over maximizing our chances to win today. And our struggles were compounded by the injury to Adams, who the defense was designed to feature. So the team is still scrambling to adjust to losing him, which is why we still see Jones, who is not a better player than Neal but is a better fit in this scheme.

Finally, I don't think the team anticipated Geno being this good to start the season. And it would be easier to write this off as a transition year if both sides of the ball struggled at the start. Instead, the defense stands out because the offense continues to look good enough to win games while the defense struggles.
Well they offence looked good in ONE game.. :) I agree with everything else

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No, it's YOU and FADE's >misinterpretation< of "Reality" I call it p*ssing & Moaning because that's all some of you have left in the tank.
Your hate for Pete Carroll is >YOUR BOOGER< ...He's the Seahawks Head Coach, and Y'all are Complainer NOBODIES & He's makin' MILLION$ while y'all are makin' SNIVEL, and THAT'S "REALITY"

Vesuve

Reaction score
No, it's YOU and FADE's >misinterpretation< of "Reality" I call it p*ssing & Moaning because that's all some of you have left in the tank.
Your hate for Pete Carroll is >YOUR BOOGER< ...He's the Seahawks Head Coach, and Y'all are Complainer NOBODIES & He's makin' MILLION$ while y'all are makin' SNIVEL, and THAT'S "REALITY"
I've never posted that I hated Pete nor implied it.

I know some think the poster we're referring to is negative but I appreciate his insights as well as anyone else on the board.

PC has done well and built success with JS.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Absolutely the players and coaches want to win. Probably he front office too. the big thing standing in the way is we're a shitty team right now. It's a full rebuild whether Pete or anyone else wants to say it or not.

Attachments

• herm edward.jpg
    herm edward.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1