Did you see this ???

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":345vcc2c said:
hawkfan68":345vcc2c said:
I didn't see that but someone needs to send this to Seahawks coaching staff...Darrell Bevell in particular. j/k

Seriously, I believe it's about the changes to the PAT they are discussing at the owner's meetings. I'm not fond of changing things that aren't broke. I don't believe the current system is broke.

EXACTLY! Tebow came in a close second, and with Bevell banging the table for him, Coach Carroll is sure to sign him! That way, no way we tell Tebow to throw the ball with the SUperbowl on the line!

Sorry, went off the deep end there for a moment. :dummy:

It's ok Ivotuk....for what it's worth I'm still damaged too.

And I blame RW

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2exk9amm said:
j7o1jjusbtcc1rqwy7wh.gif

Yes, but that's a three yard run, which we all know is much much easier to execute than a one yard run. Apples and oranges. :shock:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3mmnwklt said:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-02-04/nfl-super-bowl-seahawks-marshawn-lynch-one-yard-line-analysis-context-pete-carroll-call-patriots-2014

:stirthepot:

Oh, I don't think it's even pot stirring or an indictment of Lynch AT ALL.

For a RB short yardage situations are simply about keeping your legs churning through slop and being able to push a pile forward. There's a lot of guys who can do that.

Put another way, the deciding factor in short yardage runs is offensive line, not RBs.

I don't think it's that contentious to say that the Seahawks simply haven't built themselves to dominate along the offensive line, let alone in tight quarters getting push off the ball.

Put another way, Lynch's short yardage "failures" have nothing to do with Lynch, and everything to do with where on the team the Hawks allocate their resources.

253hawk

Reaction score
Don't a lot of Lynch's fumbles happen right around the goal line? Not totally blaming the guy, because it's usually someone's helmet going right into the ball due to having 11 guys crashing in from the box.

byau

Reaction score
253hawk":35l2ikb0 said:
Don't a lot of Lynch's fumbles happen right around the goal line? Not totally blaming the guy, because it's usually someone's helmet going right into the ball due to having 11 guys crashing in from the box.

Yes seems so, not that he fumbles a lot. But two years in a row he did: he fumbled in the playoff game against the 49ers last year, and the previous year too in the playoffs though I don't remember if it was the Redskins or the Falcons. I want to say Redskins. Both fumbles from the 1.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1jf5mp55 said:
I keep seeing that ridiculous stat about Lynch's percentage at the goal line and yet ignoring how grossly inadequate NE was at the goal line.

Also, regardless of the time management issues and the call, if Russ puts that ball between the numbers the worst possible outcome is an incomplete pass, but it was in front and above the shoulder. You don't have the luxury of throwing to the slot on timing in that football situation. The coaching staff is absolutely as accountable as Russ, but even with the worst playcall in superbowl history, the QB threw an inaccurate, very dangerous pass. As much as Russ has owned that and how it haunts him, it's funny that so many can't.

1) We'll be back
2) Russ Has earned a Tier 2 QB contract. No more, no less.
3) Bad clock management factored into the worst decision in Superbowl history. Lynch would have gotten in within two tries. He didn't need a 3rd against that horrible goal line defense.
Agree with this entire post.