Denver gm expects next coach to have “great relationship” with Russ

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'd think Dan Quinn + either Bevell or B. Schottenheimer, who know the "Russell Wilson Offense" are pretty much the best the Broncos can hope for.

BASF

Reaction score
Interesting that there is more threads about a former player than the current team. Meh, they won the trade by a landslide, he looks horrible.
We won.
He was the hero to millions of Seahawks fans. Most people do not let go of their heroes easily. Sure, most of them were marks and some of them woke up to the fact that they were marks, but most marks never catch on. Most of the posts here are the former marks celebrating the fact that they woke up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was my favorite player, I let it go a long time ago. We got his best years, good enough. He looks toast, they moved on at the right time.
I just am pointing out how hilarious it is that people are still obsessing on this guy 24/7, even after we long since won the bet by a landslide.
But, to each his/her own. Looking forward to the page becoming a Seahawks page again next year. Not a former Seahawks page.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I might believe Payton would return to the Saints, but I would never believe anyone would want Tom Brady. Super great in his time, but com'on man, he will be in an assisted living home before Joe is. No one can beat Father Time and he is breathing down Tom's neck..
It’s just a rumor.

Having said that there are rumors of Denver having interest as well.

Aside fro that, as much as I hate to admit it Brady is still better than a good % of the guys available/coming up.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Maybe they’ll try and get one of Wilson’s former College HCs for NC or Wisconsin

LastRideOut

Reaction score
It’s just a rumor.

Aside fro that, as much as I hate to admit it Brady is still better than a good % of the guys available/coming up.

If Brady keeps playing, it's just a matter of time before some players refuse to tackle him because they don't want to accidentally kill him. Dude looks like sticks and bones. Have you seen his press conferences?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It’s just a rumor.

He really is..A lot of injuries with the Bucs OL/offense have made him look
not as good of course but he still plays with the same fire..GOAT

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I will actually be intrigued to watch and see how Russ rebounds and what Sean Payton will do with him.

Not sure I can remember 2 better off-seasons back to back like this, very entertaining and it's all important in building the Hawks back to championship form.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, Peyton won't just let him run things, and this could be a good thing for Denver and Russ.
We won the trade by a landslide. Now I hope they do well out there in Denver. Has zero impact on the Hawks now.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I knew it the whole time! 👌🏻

Now that their record doesn't matter to us anymore, I sort of hope Wilson and the Broncos bounce back and have a great year in 2023.

Username does not check out!

I still dislike the Broncos and Raiders (but, oddly enough, not the Chargers or Chiefs) from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West. In fact, I think I still enjoy Raider and Bronco failure more than I enjoy 49er and Ram failure. Mind you, I loved the Rams' 2022 season and the end of the 49ers' season with the utter thrashing the Eagles gave them, but I'm sad that Gruden's dumbassery extended to sending the e-mails he sent, because he had been the gift that kept on giving to those of us who loathe the Raiders. And I love, love, love that the Broncos were the victims of the unbelievable fleecing by Schneider last year, and that they're stuck with Wilson for a few more years.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I wonder if John63 will pop back up now that he can't blame coaching issues 🤣

I wondered the same thing, so today I went and checked both here and on the Broncos message board, where he posts under the name Deandc and refers to the Broncos as "we." He hasn't been seen (logged in) over on his new team's board since December, and he hasn't posted there since the 21st of November. Nobody will be surprised to hear that he was still making excuses for Wilson in his final post there in November.
Here on .NET, @John63 hasn't been seen since the 7th of October, and he hasn't posted since the 22nd of September. Such a disappointment after all the expectation his constant refrain of "we will see" created in the 2022 offseason. We did see, but @John63 didn't stick around to talk about it. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Peytons salary is estimated at up to 27mm a year for however many years of his contact. Unlike players, the hc money is usually fully guaranteed. They’ve now invested in the area of russ in terms of actHal money.

And what are Paytons Skills other than developing a short system qb? Brees’ fairest comp is Brock Purdy, who can see the field across the middle, vs Russell who absolutely can’t.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Denver gm expects next coach to have “great relationship” with Russ
I too expect Russ to have a great relationship with Sean, he had a great relationship with Pete. Russ was so smooth that Pete could barely feel the knife in his back...

Latest posts