Denver gm expects next coach to have “great relationship” with Russ

DarkVictory23

Reaction score

With that stipulation, what coach is gonna take this job?
Somebody who's going to get run over by Russ like Hackett was... that is, unless this is simply PR spin. I hope it is, for Denver's sake. (I personally don't care if they lose every game from here until eternity).

They'll be signing some NCAA Division III guy or a TE coach on a Division I team if it's not PR spin.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
What are they gonna say, nomsayin' ? Worthless, but perhaps interesting piece. Pure desperation in an attempt to cover what may be one of the worst personnel decisions ever. This is really the only relevant detail:
"Wilson has had an awful season after the Broncos acquired him in a trade with the Seahawks this offseason and he got a new contract as part of the move that made it much easier to part ways with Hackett than start over at quarterback"

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
And then Paton says this.

George, grow some balls here then and take some initial steps.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Probably going to have to pay more than they should similar to the Cleveland tax the Browns had to pay to get Watson

If he was still alive I would love to have seen R. Lee Ermey the drill Sargent from Full Metal Jacket as the Bronco’s next head coach

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Paton cant cut Russ, but he sure as hell can cut his perks today.

Entourage access is gone today. Office, gone today. Treat him like another player for once. Weigh in that You’d be fine starting Rypien. He won one for you most recently with 22 points After all.
”A great relationship,” meaning The overcoddling, has contributed to overall failure. You don’t need a great coach to put rw in his place.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
They'll probably get Sean Payton since Wilson always idolized Drew Brees so much.

5thgen

Reaction score
If you can't get along with Pete, there is no coach in the NFL you can get along with. Unless it's someone like Jake Heaps, who worships the ground Russ walks on.

eo620

Reaction score
If those stipulations are required to get the job, it's a dead man walking situation. That means continuing to coddling RW and not ruffling his feathers. Any coach looking for more than a 1 or 2 career in the NFL would be crazy. The Bronco's need a coach who will stand up to RW and his ego and make him play the offense according to the game plan

Donn2390

Reaction score
Paton cant cut Russ, but he sure as hell can cut his perks today.

Entourage access is gone today. Office, gone today. Treat him like another player for once. Weigh in that You’d be fine starting Rypien. He won one for you most recently with 22 points After all.
”A great relationship,” meaning The overcoddling, has contributed to overall failure. You don’t need a great coach to put rw in his place.
Not necessarily, those perks, the office, staff, etc. may well be written into his contract? I don't know, they wouldn't let me read it.
If he were smart and cared about team unity, after this seasons disaster he would voluntarily give some of them up. I would be embarrassed to have all of those perks and be a total failure. I would volunteer to drive the team bus and shine shoes..

Donn2390

Reaction score
But there is this.
Not sure about the credibility but it appears to be gaining momentum as a rumor.
I might believe Payton would return to the Saints, but I would never believe anyone would want Tom Brady. Super great in his time, but com'on man, he will be in an assisted living home before Joe is. No one can beat Father Time and he is breathing down Tom's neck..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Interesting that there is more threads about a former player than the current team. Meh, they won the trade by a landslide, he looks horrible.
We won.