Dawand Jones film study

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Came across some film of Dawand Jones. He is one of my favorite picks for the 20 spot. Considering how bad his footwork it can be easily corrected with decent coaching. To me it is funny how Jones will grab an opponent and just throw him to the ground which isn’t considered holding. If he gets the footwork cleaned up he has a good shot at being a multiple Pro Bowler

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
I love Dawand Jones for the Seahawks. He is such a unique offensive lineman. He is a bully in the run game.

My favorite prospects for the Seahawks at #20, in no particular order are, (RT) Dawand Jones, (NT) Mazi Smith, and (WR) Josh Downs.

OP
OP
Hawkinaz

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
My favorite part of the video was when Jones was going against Foskey who is a legit DE prospect and made him look so bad. It would be even funnier if Jones was talking trash during the game telling him in the 1st quarter “ today would have been a good day to call in sick”. A la Larry Bird. I have been watching some YouTube videos recently with some of the NBA greats from the 80s and 90s on Birds trash talking which is legendary

Chevy

Reaction score
My favorite part of the video was when Jones was going against Foskey who is a legit DE prospect and made him look so bad. It would be even funnier if Jones was talking trash during the game telling him in the 1st quarter “ today would have been a good day to call in sick”. A la Larry Bird. I have been watching some YouTube videos recently with some of the NBA greats from the 80s and 90s on Birds trash talking which is legendary

One of my favorite trash talking NFL players is Eagles DE Brandom Graham.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I don't know, bad footwork AND incredibly slow doesn't bode well for an OT in the NFL.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Incredibly long arms, and he needs to work on hand location too. Interesting project.

toffee

Reaction score
I love Dawand Jones for the Seahawks. He is such a unique offensive lineman. He is a bully in the run game.

My favorite prospects for the Seahawks at #20, in no particular order are, (RT) Dawand Jones, (NT) Mazi Smith, and (WR) Josh Downs.
Mazzi may not need #20?

Chevy

Reaction score
Mazzi may not need #20?
The Steelers seem to be high on Mazi. The Steelers have 1st round pick #17 and the first pick in the 2nd round (#32). I doubt they would take him at #17, but defiantly could take him at #32. So if Pete and John see Mazi as a must have then maybe they should plan to take him at #20 or trade down later in the 1st round to try to select him.

toffee

Reaction score
The Steelers seem to be high on Mazi. The Steelers have 1st round pick #17 and the first pick in the 2nd round (#32). I doubt they would take him at #17, but defiantly could take him at #32. So if Pete and John see Mazi as a must have then maybe they should plan to take him at #20 or trade down later in the 1st round to try to select him.
On my PFF sim, I often traded down from 20 to later first round for Mazi, I know it would be a reach, but we have a hole that needs to fill.

OP
OP
Hawkinaz

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Even if Smith is taken by the Steelers there are other 0 techs worthy of being drafted. I like Benton and Brodric Martin of Western Kentucky. Martin is 6’5” 335 lbs with over 34” arms who is a space eating run stuffer. The research I have done on him has the Chiefs bringing him in for a visit

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Even if Smith is taken by the Steelers there are other 0 techs worthy of being drafted. I like Benton and Brodric Martin of Western Kentucky. Martin is 6’5” 335 lbs with over 34” arms who is a space eating run stuffer. The research I have done on him has the Chiefs bringing him in for a visit
Agree, I like Mazi, but not with a 1st. If he is gone, Benton would be a great replacement.

Chevy

Reaction score
Of course there are other 0 techs worth of being drafted. They just aren't as good as Mazi, so you get what you paid for.

I like Benton, but I saw him on the ground a lot, not a place where you want your starting NT doing. I'll have to take a look at Martin. I do like Texas DT/NT Keondre Coburn a lot, he is 6'2" 332 lbs, and I think he would be a better NT than Benton. I like Benton more as a DE on our 3-4 defense, he just doesn't have the sand in his pants to take on double-teams at NT. For me Coburn is the second best NT in this draft.

Latest posts