Darryl Taylor

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
So they resigned him for 1 year. MM must see something in him that most of us don’t. I figured for sure that he would be an easy non sign.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
So they resigned him for 1 year. MM must see something in him that most of us don’t. I figured for sure that he would be an easy non sign.
MM Started out pretty good with some key releases -

And ever since then, I've been saying the exact same thing:

"MM must see something that most of us don't".

along with:

"I hope there's an Fing plan in the background with all this."

along with:

"I hope we didn't just get the answer on who was the problem in the JS/PC relationship. And an answer we didn't want."

getnasty

Reaction score
DT is a really good pass rusher. Don't ask him to stop the run and let him get after to QB and he'll be just fine.

bobsuncle

Reaction score
DT is cheaper than Clowney and slightly less effective. Like Brock Huard has been saying it's "value" right now.

getnasty

Reaction score
When was this? If you're referring to two years ago, that had to be the most empty 9.5 sacks in history. I'd be shocked if the advanced stats looked good.
Not knowing i would guess the advanced pass rushing stats would be solid but run defense not so much. For what we're gonna pay him I don't know that you'll see a huge drop in pass rushing when he subs in for Chenna or Mafe.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Got to think they like some of his skill set and can work on it with this new regime. I feel like he get the best out of Clowney who I thought was just okay in Seattle.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Taylor flashes enough in preseason that I always get my hopes up and then he just disappears during the regular season. Sigh.

knownone

Reaction score
Taylor's been a good pass rusher. He's just awful in run defense. I actually think he's a good fit in Macdonald's defense as a rotational player because the scheme will help hide his deficiencies.

Rat

Reaction score
People keep saying he's a good pass rusher, but don't provide any real evidence. I think people are just guessing that he is. How often does he get a late game tackle, and then suddenly you realize you forgot he existed?

toffee

Reaction score
In this case, let's hope the re-signing of Taylor was initiated by Mcdonald, not Schneider.