Cox Signed Officially....Cut the next day

DavidSeven

Reaction score
pinksheets":5c5v66jz said:
Demaryius Thomas testified he saw him carry the woman, unconscious, into his bedroom. Cox's defense was a blame the victim defense, claimed he never even slept with her. She was pregnant at the time, with Cox's child.

Who can crack this case?

Not to put a crimp in the open-and-shut narrative you're presenting to the forum, but this is not an accurate characterization of the case. Thomas's overall testimony is actually what swung the case in Cox's favor (Denver Post Article Stating Exactly That). Cox stated he didn't sleep with the accuser to police, but this was not his defense in court. This is not a trivial detail. His own attorney said he was a liar (in terms of what he said to police). Lying, however, is not what he was charged with.

I have no opinion on his guilt or innocence. I was not in the courtroom to observe the testimony. I can understand why the facts on paper could make one dubious of his defense. He very well could be a huge scumbag who shouldn't be in the league, but people here should not make that assessment based on an inaccurate recitation of a third-party account of the court proceedings. They can read the article and draw their own conclusions.

Edit: Sorry if this has already been discussed ad nauseum. I only just read some background on the case after reading some stuff in this thread. Not a pleasant topic for sure.

mikeak

Reaction score
Well now he is waived

Probably because Winfield goes on the team and hopefully Browner turns into a max of 4 games.

Secretely hoping that it is because others did like I did and asked Paul Allen if this guy would have passed a background check to work at Microsoft and PC why we signed someone of this character.......

HawkWow

Reaction score
Similar to the OJ fiasco, Cox benefitted from shoddy prosecution and won his criminal case. But also like OJ, there's no question he will lose the civil case.

Briefly: Cox testified he never touched the woman and certainly had no relations with her. Then, apparently after the criminal case, she recorded a call with him that went like "Hey cox s**er, I'm pregnant and you're the daddy". Cox replied, "then abort because I don't need no kids". Damaging in it's own right, but then DNA determined the odds of him NOT being the father (of this woman he "never touched") was less than 1 in a billion. So either Cox is lying, or Jesus is finally making his much anticipated return to this world.

Aside from morality, hard to believe this guy's head would be in the game if we did add him. I personally hope for this (most likely opportunistic) young lady to take every thing he's got.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":bleynlj2 said:
Well now he is waived

Probably because Winfield goes on the team and hopefully Browner turns into a max of 4 games.

Secretely hoping that it is because others did like I did and asked Paul Allen if this guy would have passed a background check to work at Microsoft and PC why we signed someone of this character.......

Browner is done, finished, never to play as a Hawk again.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HawkWow":jictmzfp said:
Similar to the OJ fiasco, Cox benefitted from shoddy prosecution and won his criminal case. But also like OJ, there's no question he will lose the civil case.

Briefly: Cox testified he never touched the woman and certainly had no relations with her. Then, apparently after the criminal case, she recorded a call with him that went like "Hey cox s**er, I'm pregnant and you're the daddy". Cox replied, "then abort because I don't need no kids". Damaging in it's own right, but then DNA determined the odds of him NOT being the father (of this woman he "never touched") was less than 1 in a billion. So either Cox is lying, or Jesus is finally making his much anticipated return to this world.

Aside from morality, hard to believe this guy's head would be in the game if we did add him. I personally hope for this (most likely opportunistic) young lady to take every thing he's got.

This is not entirely accurate either. That was not his "testimony." That was his statement to police. Cox's attorney admitted he lied to police. Your timeline doesn't make sense either. The trial could not have taken place before the accuser knew she was pregnant. Are you actually referring to the initial police questioning? These are actually key differences (legally speaking), so you guys need to be careful how you speak.

The stuff about the texts is definitely scum-baggy, though (if true).

HawkWow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2u2jb3wa said:
HawkWow":2u2jb3wa said:

This is not entirely accurate either. That was not his "testimony." That was his statement to police. Cox's attorney admitted he lied to police. Your timeline doesn't make sense either. The trial could not have taken place before the accuser knew she was pregnant. Are you actually referring to the initial police questioning? These are actually key differences (legally speaking), so you guys need to be careful how you speak.

The stuff about the texts is definitely scum-baggy, though (if true).

Your take makes much sense, I'm not a follower of the guy, just did some research and we know how that can go on the net. I wasn't aware of the texts...and I could be wrong, but the Denver news said it was a recorded conversation (where he basically accepted the kid could be his). After, the cops questioned him again...he continued to deny he slept with the girl. They then told him they had a recording where he told her to "abort, (he) needed no kids". To that Cox's reply was "That's F'ed up" in apparent resignation. ; )

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Well we can all stop worrying about having Cox on our team because he got released. IT'S SHEAD TIME

HawkWow

Reaction score
stack600":3n7jbwem said:
Pete signed him to pick his brain about the 49ers...but woooooo no brain to pick...........

LOL...I can hear it now (and yes, I am medicated)...Pete: "Tell us everything we don't know about SF, tell us what tricks Kaep and JimBob have secreted". Cox: "Ok, I can write it all down on this here cocktail napkin". Pete: "Ok, you're free to go now, keep it in your pants, dipsh*t".

Seafan

Reaction score
He may be back. They rushed a little. There's no room for him and Browner on the roster. When the Browner situation is finally settled he may be back. This isn't like JS. There was no need to activate Shead until the weekend. Oh, well.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Seafan":1vowvey1 said:
He may be back. They rushed a little. There's no room for him and Browner on the roster. When the Browner situation is finally settled he may be back. This isn't like JS. There was no need to activate Shead until the weekend. Oh, well.

Thankfully he wont be back. Already signed by Carolina.

plyka

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1fg8gtr5 said:
I will say these 2 things after reading these 5 pages of posts.

Pete is always wiling to give a guy a second chance.
Tim Ruskell loved good high character guys that never get in trouble.

I wonder if Mr tech world loved ruskell while he was here? Is he just a whiner who would hate on anyone leading the seahawks or is this high horse crape for real? I tend to think he is a whiner and would whine about Pete's decision of shoes if he could. How Pete should be replaced because his shoes are made in sweat shops etc.

plyka

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2fhgwkw5 said:
seahawk 17":2fhgwkw5 said:
I think it's scary that many people have no belief in the American justice system.
It's the best justice system money can buy!

People typically move to mockery or sarcasm on complex topics when they don't know what they are talking about.