Cowboys HC

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Is McCarthy better? I guess that's a much different offense than what they were running is that correct? Nolan for defensive coordinator. LOL. Just don't ever let him near the head coaching job. If he knows his role and sticks with defensive coordinator it may be OK. He's not bad at that. Just totally over matched at the head coaching job which he should never have again IMO. Now that's just me as a 49ers fan from our experience.

:|

Maulbert

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":df5kua4p said:
Is McCarthy better? I guess that's a much different offense than what they were running is that correct? Nolan for defensive coordinator. LOL. Just don't ever let him near the head coaching job. If he knows his role and sticks with defensive coordinator it may be OK. He's not bad at that. Just totally over matched at the head coaching job which he should never have again IMO. Now that's just me as a 49ers fan from our experience.

Well, you could certainly argue outside of Rodgers, he has less talent than Garrett ever had, and won at least 10 games 8 out of 13 seasons. Garrett had three 10 win seasons in 9 years, and finished 8-8 four times, and eliminated from the playoffs in the final week all four of those seasons. Garrett was always an underachiever. I think that's just the nature of a yes man. Everyone in that locker room knew he wasn't the boss.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":386kwdhs said:

Jason Garrett was infamous for eschewing analytics, surprising for a Princeton man. He worked mostly by "feel."

It's noteworthy that this gave him a decade-long job, which was probably because Jerrah operates exactly the same when it comes to His Cowboys.

Jerrah relishes backroom deals that give him more power. The LA fiasco being the latest one--he's the one with the concessions contract to their new stadium. No doubt there's another one for the media, one for stupid STAR condos, etc.

But when it comes to His Cowboys, he doesn't follow business. He won't name the fruit of his own loins the GM, he won't let the HC be the prominent voice after every game. He's worse than Jed or even Snyder because he thinks it's a strength for him NOT to do anything different, and McCarthy will simply become another pawn. And if McCarthy refuses, he'll be on the hot seat again.

I always liked McCarthy as a man, but I cannot wish him success, nor do I see that happening. Not with Jerrah and his Mouthfeel Mentality overseeing things. The only justice is for this franchise to fall even further than the Redskins, for them to become as irrelevant, and for vindication that America has never been for this team. We've just been force fed it for decades/

knownone

Reaction score
Maulbert":1p4e34li said:
SanDiego49er":1p4e34li said:

Well, you could certainly argue outside of Rodgers, he has less talent than Garrett ever had, and won at least 10 games 8 out of 13 seasons. Garrett had three 10 win seasons in 9 years, and finished 8-8 four times, and eliminated from the playoffs in the final week all four of those seasons. Garrett was always an underachiever. I think that's just the nature of a yes man. Everyone in that locker room knew he wasn't the boss.
Are we sure the Cowboys have been that talented? I honestly think the amount of media coverage they get is why people think they are this loaded team with a coach that is holding them back. But if you look at them closely, they are a deeply flawed team built around a slightly above average QB, a knuckle headed RB, and a receiver that the Raiders didn't want. They have a great Oline and great LBs, and that's about it.

I think if you plugged Jason Garrett into those 2010-18 Packers teams not much changes. And if you plug McCarthy into those Dallas teams not much changes either.

Jason Garrett get's a bad rap, but he's not a bad coach. His best team talent wise was 2016, and If Romo doesn't get hurt, they make the NFCCG if not the Superbowl. He alone just wasn't capable of carrying the Cowboys to their inflated expectations the last few years.

If the Cowboys were a smaller market team, their fans wouldn't be asking if Dak is really the next Russell Wilson and holding him to those standards, they'd be asking if Dak is really the next Alex Smith.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":ikhle45s said:
SanDiego49er":ikhle45s said:

Having Rodgers is a big, big deal. That's a far cry from Dak Prescott. Who is overrated IMO. I can't see him winning a lot of games with Prescott. Rodgers made McCarthy. Not the other way around.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
knownone":2opvp3xi said:
Maulbert":2opvp3xi said:
SanDiego49er":2opvp3xi said:

Are we sure the Cowboys have been that talented? I honestly think the amount of media coverage they get is why people think they are this loaded team with a coach that is holding them back. But if you look at them closely, they are a deeply flawed team built around a slightly above average QB, a knuckle headed RB, and a receiver that the Raiders didn't want. They have a great Oline and great LBs, and that's about it.

I think if you plugged Jason Garrett into those 2010-18 Packers teams not much changes. And if you plug McCarthy into those Dallas teams not much changes either.

Jason Garrett get's a bad rap, but he's not a bad coach. His best team talent wise was 2016, and If Romo doesn't get hurt, they make the NFCCG if not the Superbowl. He alone just wasn't capable of carrying the Cowboys to their inflated expectations the last few years.

If the Cowboys were a smaller market team, their fans wouldn't be asking if Dak is really the next Russell Wilson and holding him to those standards, they'd be asking if Dak is really the next Alex Smith.

Dak Prescott is not that good. You can only go so far with him. Garrett did about as well as he could with what he had. Which is not much IMO. Way less than the hype. They are "America's team" and guys like Skip Bayless are always talking about them because he used to cover that market for the local newspaper. They are way over hyped. I don't think their talent level is much above their 8 - 8 record. That's about what they are.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2ls65ga9 said:
knownone":2ls65ga9 said:
Maulbert":2ls65ga9 said:
SanDiego49er":2ls65ga9 said:

Dak Prescott is not that good. You can only go so far with him. Garrett did about as well as he could with what he had. Which is not much IMO. Way less than the hype. They are "America's team" and guys like Skip Bayless are always talking about them because he used to cover that market for the local newspaper. They are way over hyped. I don't think their talent level is much above their 8 - 8 record. That's about what they are.

They went 8-8 three of those times with Tony Romo. Romo was definitely better than Prescott.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
knownone":1jjde2qd said:
Maulbert":1jjde2qd said:
SanDiego49er":1jjde2qd said:

*allas’ talent level is extremely overrated. Red was a crappy head coach, no doubt, but the talent level isn’t at the level of what most think it is.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
"McCarthy wants Moore to stay as offensive coordinator and the question is whether Moore wants to stay in Dallas, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Moore apparently has another opportunity, to become offensive coordinator at the University of Washington. Moore was born and raised in Prosser, Washington, and Moore has a familiarity with new Washington head coach Jimmy Lake and might want a fresh start there."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ordinator/

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
What...the hell... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -mccarthy/

“It was like love at first sight,” a source with knowledge of the dynamics between Jones and McCarthy said when explaining the quick move by the Cowboys to make McCarthy the new head coach.

McCarthy interviewed with the Cowboys on Saturday, and then McCarthy spent the night at Jones’ house, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.

Ya, thank god McCarthy wasn't a SHE because that would never stand lol.

But really? What job prospect is invited or accepts an invite for a f sleepover? It's creepy AF.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3n8c6jjx said:
What...the hell... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -mccarthy/

“It was like love at first sight,” a source with knowledge of the dynamics between Jones and McCarthy said when explaining the quick move by the Cowboys to make McCarthy the new head coach.

McCarthy interviewed with the Cowboys on Saturday, and then McCarthy spent the night at Jones’ house, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.

Ya, thank god McCarthy wasn't a SHE because that would never stand lol.

But really? What job prospect is invited or accepts an invite for a f sleepover? It's creepy AF.

Jerry going to be Jerry and get his Glory Hole sizing before a hire.

Latest posts