Compensatory Picks

Hawk4life

Reaction score
What the hell? SF went 13-4 last year and gets 7. The NFL is full on woke awarding teams for poor management.

Seems like they figured out how to abuse this crap. Just trade them all for a 1st round pick and you get more next year. Rinse and repeat.

Further eroding fairness in sports. The draft was fair and balanced, worst team first, equal number of picks. So much for that.

As for the compensatory picks awarded that were not based on coaching or executive hires, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks, per the league. The compensatory picks are positioned from Round 3 to Round 7 based on the value of the compensatory free agents lost. The formula that determines compensatory free agents is based on salary, playing time and postseason honors.

chrispy

Reaction score
Barton and RPenny lost and Jones gained. Depending on contracts (and next couple weeks) Seahawks could be back in comp pick consideration.

Kinger95

Reaction score
They get a 3rd round pick in a year or two because the Texas hired Demico Ryan’s . But if demico ryans was white they wouldn’t. Crazy. Seriously if you can get picks for when your coaching staff gets hired elsewhere can someone please tell me why we have white people on our staff?

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
They get a 3rd round pick in a year or two because the Texas hired Demico Ryan’s . But if demico ryans was white they wouldn’t. Crazy. Seriously if you can get picks for when your coaching staff gets hired elsewhere can someone please tell me why we have white people on our staff?

Will you shut your "I wanna be a victim so bad" ass the **** up?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It's probably offensive to use the "woke" term to describe something that has nothing to do with liberal ideology.

How is SF's management poor to get these picks? you get compensatory picks for losing FA's relative to what you sign. You get compensatory picks for training and advancing black coaches. How is any of that bad management?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

Kinger95

Reaction score
It’s ridiculous is what it is. They should give teams first rounders for “non-binary, disabled, and racially diverse” hires

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
you know what owners care more about than skin color? Winning. The Rooney rule is ridiculous. Nobody cares about skin color, they care about winning.

Which is why the Rooney Rule was created because your entire point just got shit on by it. I wish it didn't exist and everyone was hired off of their metrics and not a good ol' boy system but unfortunately the NFL put itself in this position

flv2

Reaction score
If you do.. why not be helpful and explain it rather than condescending? 😉
The link the op provided explained things clearly. Teams that give opportunities to minority candidates and help develop them are rewarded if they are promoted to HC or GM outside of the organisation. The op is railing against this, your response appears to be protecting him from criticism, and the rest of this thread is the consequence. I can see that your post was trying to improve civility between posters rather than green light a discussion about race. Moderating isn't easy.