Common Sense.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I believe that picking players based on stats in CFB is a big mistake.

As for QB, some people look at the stat (Wins) because of Bryce Young and CJ Stroud.

As for DL people look at Will Anderson and Jalen Carter only because they are from the SEC and they have the numbers of sack or QB hits.

This is totally all wrong.

Of course Will Anderson and Carter will have good numbers because they also play against scrub teams NON SEC and they get their stats paddled big time. And the second main reason is because they are playing with a talent DL. When they go to the pro, they will act like normal players and normal stats.

Look at 2022 draft. Travon Walker, Jordan Davis, Devonte Wyatt, Nakobe Dean, How well did they do?

Look at 2021 draft. Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance.

Or look at 2020 draft and how the Dolphins drafted Tua.

What Im trying to say is that even if the management or the fans like Carter or Anderson because of the names, it's a foolish pick. The best decision is to go after players that did well in the combine and also to get as much draft picks and players possible instead of getting *Possible high tier players*.

If Carter or Anderson was a seahawk, they would be a bust because Seahawks doesn't have a strong DL in the first place.

Also another reasoning is that because Seahawks had a decent OL and WR ( DK and Lockett) Geno did pretty well. But if Geno didn't had a good OL or DK, he would had been really bad and possible that it could had been a 4 win season.

Lastly I believe that the best conference for NFL players is from the Big Ten.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Who would you like them to draft?

So not Stroud or Young (as you mentioned above) ; not Levis, Richardson, Carter or Anderson (SEC); not Tyree Wilson, Devon Witherspoon or Paris Johnson (no combine)

So, Big Ten and good combine? I think your guy is Peter Skoronski

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I believe that picking players based on stats in CFB is a big mistake.

As for QB, some people look at the stat (Wins) because of Bryce Young and CJ Stroud.

As for DL people look at Will Anderson and Jalen Carter only because they are from the SEC and they have the numbers of sack or QB hits.

This is totally all wrong.

Of course Will Anderson and Carter will have good numbers because they also play against scrub teams NON SEC and they get their stats paddled big time. And the second main reason is because they are playing with a talent DL. When they go to the pro, they will act like normal players and normal stats.

Look at 2022 draft. Travon Walker, Jordan Davis, Devonte Wyatt, Nakobe Dean, How well did they do?

Look at 2021 draft. Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance.

Or look at 2020 draft and how the Dolphins drafted Tua.

What Im trying to say is that even if the management or the fans like Carter or Anderson because of the names, it's a foolish pick. The best decision is to go after players that did well in the combine and also to get as much draft picks and players possible instead of getting *Possible high tier players*.

If Carter or Anderson was a seahawk, they would be a bust because Seahawks doesn't have a strong DL in the first place.

Also another reasoning is that because Seahawks had a decent OL and WR ( DK and Lockett) Geno did pretty well. But if Geno didn't had a good OL or DK, he would had been really bad and possible that it could had been a 4 win season.

Lastly I believe that the best conference for NFL players is from the Big Ten.
You mean like Vernon Gholston? :ROFLMAO:

Yxes1122

Reaction score
...what?

How the hell do you get a good defensive line if you shouldn't take good players at the spot because they'll look worse with less support?

Because the best thing to do is draft the top performers from the combine only (perhaps using an aggregate athletic metric like SPARQ), and trade back to accumulate picks.

A strategy this front office has never attempted before. Especially between 2013-2017, which were some of the worst drafting years for the franchise.

Seattle just needs to focus traits and volume. :sneaky:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Because the best thing to do is draft the top performers from the combine only (perhaps using an aggregate athletic metric like SPARQ), and trade back to accumulate picks.

A strategy this front office has never attempted before. Especially between 2013-2017, which were some of the worst drafting years for the franchise.

We need more Cmikes!

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Stats are just a quick reference for what really matters.

I don't care what your completion % is; I care about the % of accurate balls you throw.
I don't care how many wins you have; I care about how you can manage the game in a two minute offense.
I don't care about how many TDs you have; I care about your ability to drill a ball into tight windows.
I don't care how many interceptions you have; I care about how many bad decision or errant balls you threw.

In all of these, stats are a quick way to make inferences about the player and his play. But I think everyone would agree that it's the play, and not the numbers, that actually matter.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

You mean, like they did last year?

Chapow

Reaction score
...what?

How the hell do you get a good defensive line if you shouldn't take good players at the spot because they'll look worse with less support?

C'mon man, it's common sense. :ROFLMAO: