Colin Coward

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't mind him, he has a good voice and personality. Though I wasn't a fan when he accused fans who are tired of the Taylor Swift coverage of being insecure men who have a problem with successful women. There was just no evidence to back that up, and it's insulting to accuse people of that and imply that nobody is allowed to dislike the coverage of her unless they're somehow bigoted. I get sick of that childish mentality.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I like Colin, he gets paid to have an opinion. He's a hawk's fan. He's wrong that we will finish last in the division.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't mind him, he has a good voice and personality. Though I wasn't a fan when he accused fans who are tired of the Taylor Swift coverage of being insecure men who have a problem with successful women. There was just no evidence to back that up, and it's insulting to accuse people of that and imply that nobody is allowed to dislike the coverage of her unless they're somehow bigoted. I get sick of that childish mentality.
Yeah, I get tired of those stereotypes, too. It's the same when you call out a black guy. Some smart ass, without so much as knowing your name, will accuse you of being a racist.

Colin Cowherd reminds me of Howard Stern, a shock jock that will say outrageous things that may or may not be true only to stir the pot and get more attention. I have no use for him and the only time I ever watch him is when I'm more or less forced to when I'm in the barber shop.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
His job is to have hot takes rightly or wrongly so that people watch or bitch about it. It's all about ratings. I do find it interesting when he occasionally has a good source. For a while it was Russ's agent so he talked him up, Lincoln Riley or his agent and he hyped up USC big time then Sean Payton.

Any time he talks about the Seahawks or Huskies it annoys me that he instantly says 'i'm from the pnw' then usually it's a 'but' or an outdated take about the city of Seattle that's from 30 years ago when he grew up near there as if the Microsoft/Amazon/tech booms and subsequent population booms never happened (surprised he doesnt call it the King dome). I get he lives in LA and them and NY get all the attention/love but you'd think it's South Alaska by his takes sometimes. The huskies were clearly better than USC the last 2 years but didnt get much love from him until the first Oregon game. It was all about Caleb Williams etc.

I understand his Geno takes and mostly agree with them. I am fascinated to see how he reacts if McDonald does well for us and it challenges his 'offensive head coaches are the only way to win now' narrative. Especially if McDonald does become the Sean McVey of defence, nullifies all these offensive gurus and there's another pivot from offense to defense again which happened from 2010-the Broncos winning their last super bowl.

Last edited:

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
His "Seattle didn't get enough in return for Russ" take aged like milk.
Or that Seattle would fall apart without Russ due to Pete being old and outdated. I'm glad Pete made the play offs the following season. I do think last year though Pete did look out of ideas and a bit outdated but Cowherds take at the start of last season was that the seahawks were a QB away.

James in PA

Reaction score
I like Colin. He always liked the Hawks.
I see it the opposite way. Because he is from the Seattle area, it seems like he always goes out of his way to have a negative take on the Seahawks. Like he's trying to prove that he's not a homer.

RiverDog

Reaction score
His job is to have hot takes rightly or wrongly so that people watch or bitch about it. It's all about ratings.
I call it the Howard Cosell effect. Back in the olden days when MNF first hit the sports scene, everyone hated Howard and some of his takes were absurd. Example: Howard: "That's the way to split that zone, right down the middle!" Alex Karass: "Uh, that wasn't a zone, Howard." Frank Gifford: "That's why the linebacker was covering him." Had Howard not been on that crew, MNF wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining as it was.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I like Colin solely because he's just a sports fan who spews nonsense with the utmost confidence like a sports fan should.
Even though I ranted above I do like him even if he does sometimes get hung up on a take. I like Rich Eisen as well and for college takes- Joel Klatt (if you tune out the Ohio St biases)

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I call it the Howard Cosell effect. Back in the olden days when MNF first hit the sports scene, everyone hated Howard and some of his takes were absurd. Example: Howard: "That's the way to split that zone, right down the middle!" Alex Karass: "Uh, that wasn't a zone, Howard." Frank Gifford: "That's why the linebacker was covering him." Had Howard not been on that crew, MNF wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining as it was.
I don't mind hot takes/ having an opinion as long as there's some evidence/reasoning to back it up no matter how flimsy. So many journalists/media people in sports sit on the fence these days. The hawkblogger podcast brought up a good point that most of the 710 interviews with Schneider etc are a waste of time as they are extremely vanilla/softball. You learn nothing new as they don't want to rock the boat and there's generally a Seahawks media person standing over their shoulder monitoring.

There's the other extreme though where you have the Skip Bayless of the world just spouting nonsense with nothing to back it up for ratings and just being shock jocks.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
I guess it's 50/50 with Cowerd, I don't like the dude. Irving, Johnson, and Bayliss, NOW THOSE 3 clowns are a triple pair of mouth breathing jizz bags. THOSE 3, I ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT STAND!!!!

Rat

Reaction score
Cowherd is a tool. I thought he was articulate at first, but then it became obvious that he forms his opinions solely by what the less popular stance on any take is.