Cody Barton signed by the Commanders

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I catch myself being a little tough on the guy. I have zero athletic abilities and he's an nfl player. I hope he does well, but I'm also not sad he's gone.
And he is clearly a really good dude and team guy.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Cody Barton has a place in today's NFL. He's generally gap-sound and pretty good in zone coverage. He also sucks in man coverage, misses a lot of tackles, and can't disengage from blockers. We can do better at LB.

toffee

Reaction score
Guys I shall miss ... Penny, Barton, one had injury issues, the other have holes in his game. Both good dudes, and we wish them well. Hoping we could keep Neal. Not as sure about Poona, shall we try to re-sign Ford?

chrispy

Reaction score
NFLN replayed Game#1 v Den today. Barton had a pretty good game and multiple game saving plays.

He made his share of mistakes last season so I'm not disappointed in the team moving on. I've poked on in the "hater" threads myself. However, re-watching that game made me realize that the season would have been a lot different, and worse, without him.

Good luck in WA, especially against Dallas.

Jville

Reaction score
Cody bolted and signed with the Commanders to play the Mike. The early on suddenness of that quick departure caught John Schneider by surprise. The future make up of Clint Hurtt's defense, especially up the middle, is very unsettled. And Schneider still has a lot of work to do.