Cody Barton signed by the Commanders

bigskydoc

Reaction score
This guy was ridiculously underappreciated here. Guess every season has to have its scapegoat. No, he wasn't a Tier 1 LB, but he was no where near as bad as the consensus here makes him out to be.

He's a solid, journeyman type. The linebacker equivalent of Ryan Fitzpatrick. Good enough, but not great. One can choose to focus on his weaknesses, or take them as part of the package.

He was a decent player on a terrible defense that made him look worse than he really is. Much Like Russ makes his offensive line look worse than they really are.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, the guy was average, and missed a ton of tackles. Moving on from him was a good thing. Being realistic about a player doesn't make someone a "hater"
The guy played hard, nobody is denying that.

Kinger95

Reaction score
He actually had some really nice plays dropping back into coverage getting some interceptions but at the line of scrimmage he was a joke. Absolutely lost . Im convinced that he was a huge reason we couldn’t stop the run. He couldn’t shed a block and there was numerous times he was engaged in a block and he had no clue where the ball and runner even were

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Those defending Barton must love having a mediocre team. He was one of the worst linebackers I've ever seen.

Poor strength, poor speed, poor awareness, a magnet for blockers. Just an all around poor player. This is a win for the Seahawks.

Fade

Reaction score
Cody Barton sucked at reading 2 gaps. He would run into his own players, or.just flat out guess wrong and pick the wrong hole.

In a 1 gap system, which Washington runs he will look better. How much better is the question?

Kinger95

Reaction score
does leighton vanderesch suck too? Because he got 2 years 11 mill and Barton got potentially 5 so am I crazy for thinking that for that price Dallas got a steal?

Jville

Reaction score

.................................. well deserved opportunigy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's ok, he missed tackles all season. Obviously that was a mismatch. I better quit while I'm ahead. Somehow I'm a Barton hater because I recognize that he was average at best :cool:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Can't we just wish him well & move on like a class fanbase would?

rjdriver

Reaction score

What the hell is a "hustle stop"? Sometimes I think people just invent stats. It's like when I tell my wife that my "top side vein volume girth exposure" is more important than my non existent actual girth.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't we just wish him well & move on like a class fanbase would?
I hope he does well, I'll be pulling for him. He just wasn't that great. Not sure why that is such a horrible opinion that would get people in a bunch. Most people know what they saw.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I hope he does well, I'll be pulling for him. He just wasn't that great. Not sure why that is such a horrible opinion that would get people in a bunch. Most people know what they saw.
Wasn't directed at you.

There has been way worse comments than yours in this thread.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Cody is a really down to Earth, nice guy. Being from Utah, I rooted like hell for him. Sometimes it sucks when good people underperform, but the reality is he just wasn't situationally there too many times. He showed some promise, but not enough to warrant keeping him.

I hope he does very well in Washington, I know he will put in the effort.