Cleveland Guardians @ Seattle Mariners, Mar 30-Apr 2

Ruminator

Reaction score
If he keeps pitching like crap, then. It’s time for the old mystery fake injury/tired arm thingy to pop up.
And... an injury pops up!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
One thing I loved about Lou is he wasn’t afraid to chew some pitchers ass on the mound.
YeAH, that's where I got it from.. Seems in a crucial inning, the pitcher wasn't throwing strikes.. the pitcher tells Lou.. I'm tring.. Lou responds.. with.. Son, I could go out and get a truck driver to try. well something like that. It was classic Lou.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
And... an injury pops up!

That happened sooner than expected.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Logan dealing pretty good tonite, except for that one slider center of the plate. 🤦‍♂️

Defense is a lot more crisp as well. Still needs some offense.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This feels so much like last years team. They will struggle to score runs most nights, but every now and then the offense will produce big. Outside of Marco and some of Robbie’s starts, our pitching should keep us in every game.

It’s early in the season but unwillingness to spend money is showing.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We might get shutout and we aren’t even making them work. Decent chance we don’t even make them throw 100 pitches. A lot of quick outs.

Chapow

Reaction score
This feels so much like last years team. They will struggle to score runs most nights, but every now and then the offense will produce big. Outside of Marco and some of Robbie’s starts, our pitching should keep us in every game.

Certainly feels this way to me too, but it's so incredibly early in the season. They were awful last April before turning it around to win 90 games.

Chapow

Reaction score
Too bad. That pitcher gave Cal and Julio some very hittable pitches.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Too bad. That pitcher gave Cal and Julio some very hittable pitches.
Cal for the most part missed some very middle fastballs. Not our night. This game also reminded me how frustrating baseball can be.

TIMD

Reaction score
And here we go again with the M's struggling to score in Seattle. Their huge Free Agency acquisition POLLOCK hasn't even played yet, instead we've seen the future Hall of Famer Tommy LaStella at DH. SMH. I guess POLLOCK really does suck as bad as I said he does because they truly have no confidence in him vs RHP. NOBODY wanted LaStella but of course he is starting for the cheap azz Seattle Mariners. So management is clearly content with making the SP's feel they need to be perfect every game. Great job Jerry. Great job Stanton. The lineup construction at the top is terrible... How long are they going to hit guys out of order & waste Julio & France? Frazier.... I mean Wong should be leading off, followed by France, Julio, Teoscar, Cal, Suarez, etc....

Chapow

Reaction score
Solid tantrum. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

TIMD

Reaction score
Solid tantrum. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.
Nobody is having a tantrum. It's called watching the same nonsense over & over & over..... Maybe YOU enjoy lifeless Seattle Mariners home games where they make every opposing starter look like an All-Star, I prefer actually winning & scoring runs. How many more times will our SP give up 1 run & take the loss? Obviously you are totally fine with it & the ownership loves you.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mariners offense that bad
A ton of horrible approaches to AB’s.
Too much swinging at shit, and looking at pitches right down the middle.
Gilbert threw one bad pitch. Deserved a better outcome.

Games like this is why you needed to go get a couple of quality FA bats instead of going cheap.

They needed this game as you are likely not going to win with Marco “batting practice” Gonzalez going tomorrow.