Cleveland Guardians @ Seattle Mariners, Mar 30-Apr 2

Crizilla

Reaction score
Ray and Wong. 2 weak points on this team. Not a surprising loss. Wong was let go from his previous teams for his bad defense....

Chapow

Reaction score
Pitching and defense are an absolute dumpster fire tonight.

Robbie was shockingly bad. A hell of a lot of pitches that weren't even remotely competitive. Yikes.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
.. and yet, only 3 earned runs.. errors are hurting

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Gott pitched decently, got screwed by some bad pitch calls. Was placing the ball well.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Was just about to say good night for kelenic at the plate then he lets a 3-2 fastball down the cock go by.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Was just about to say good night for kelenic at the plate then he lets a 3-2 fastball down the cock go by.
Yeah he should have been all over that 3-2 fastball down the middle.
He was guess hitting and looking for a walk. See fastball, hit fastball, in that situation.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We are giving up on the former cy young after one appearance? Let’s not overreact.

I’m not the biggest Ray fan but he will be fine. At worst he is our #4 guy in the rotation.

Season is a marathon not a sprint.

cymatica

Reaction score
We are giving up on the former cy young after one appearance? Let’s not overreact.

I’m not the biggest Ray fan but he will be fine. At worst he is our #4 guy in the rotation.

Season is a marathon not a sprint.
Not based on 1 appearance. He left a sour taste in my mouth last season and he was absolutely putrid today.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not based on 1 appearance. He left a sour taste in my mouth last season and he was absolutely putrid today.
Yes he didn’t live up to the contract but what are you going to do about it. Cut a guy and take the loss on all that money? Like I said, worst case scenario, and a very likely scenario, he is our #4 starter. Do I expect him to be this bad all season? No. Do I expect him to revert back to his cy young days? No.

At least give him a few games before you throw the towel in on him. DeGrom got lit up yesterday, it happens.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Why Flexen is in the pen. As a former starter, he's a legit long reliever that can go in and get three innings with minimal damage.

cymatica

Reaction score
Yes he didn’t live up to the contract but what are you going to do about it. Cut a guy and take the loss on all that money? Like I said, worst case scenario, and a very likely scenario, he is our #4 starter. Do I expect him to be this bad all season? No. Do I expect him to revert back to his cy young days? No.

At least give him a few games before you throw the towel in on him. DeGrom got lit up yesterday, it happens.
I get that, but he looked like he didn't belong in the mlb last night. That was beyond just a bad game. Seems like he caves under the slightest pressure.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Lou P would have told him, he could get a truck driver to pitch like that,.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't think he has any minor league options left. :LOL:

Guess we could declare him injured and send him down on a rehab assignment. ;)
If he keeps pitching like crap, then. It’s time for the old mystery fake injury/tired arm thingy to pop up.