Clayton, Sideline reporter for the Seahawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Great move by the Hawks. Clayton is the ONLY reason to listen to 710 (besides M's and Hawks games) IMHO.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
It's hard to listen to his show with gee Scott. I love the professor but I hate it when he calls him JC all the damn time. Shut up gee let john talk.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Clayton is a treasure! Still can't believe espn let him go yet they still employ dozens of blow hards who just yell at the camera all day. No wonder that is a sinking ship.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
John Clayton is the best!!! I haven't seen it in forever, but that ESPN commercial with him living at his mom's was effing hilarious.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I too am very happy for Clayton. There's a reason he's in the Pro Football Hall of Fame for Writers -- he's the best of the best. I mean, the man is a human computer when it comes to all things football. He isn't a fountain of knowledge -- he's an ocean.

I still can't fathom for the life of me ESPN's decisions when it came to personnel (especially Clayton). Unbelievable. And I can't believe our amazing fortune to have a guy like this right in our own backyard all to ourselves.

This is a no brainer move by the Seahawks. They know what ESPN doesn't appear to -- that Clayton is a treasure to be quickly snatched up and hoarded, not a piece of slag to be idly cast aside. I'm very happy for Clayton and all of Seahawks nation. :2thumbs:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5tog6qhr said:
Great move by the Hawks. Clayton is the ONLY reason to listen to 710 (besides M's and Hawks games) IMHO.
Agreed. I prefer 950 KJR. Clayton is the best thing about 710. I can't stand Mike Salk. I like Danny O'Neill though.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
John doesn't fit into the mold of a gameday sideline reporter. He's not an Xs and Os analyst and getting updates on injuries is well beneath his abilities and knowledge of the game. He's actually more of a contracts and salary cap guy.

It should be interesting in what material he provides the listeners.

Latest posts