Chris Carson continues to impress

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Great to hear. From the moment we drafted Carson, I really dove in and starting doing intensive research on him. And I saw exactly why Pete Carroll liked him so much. This doesn't surprise me whatsoever. In fact, I kind of expected this kind of a showing from him. I personally believe that he has a very strong shot not only at making this team ... but at pushing for actual playing time sooner than later. I really, really like this kid -- A LOT.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin said Chris Carson is the most polished rookie RB he's ever been around. "He has all the tools," Baldwin said. The Seahawks seventh-round pick continues to make waves at training camp.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3fkbwd9f said:
Doug Baldwin said Chris Carson is the most polished rookie RB he's ever been around. "He has all the tools," Baldwin said. The Seahawks seventh-round pick continues to make waves at training camp.

That is extremely encouraging to hear. And from what little tape I've seen of his, I would say that he certainly looked very polished and NFL ready. Personally, I think he's a guy who's really going to impress once the Preseason games start on 8/13.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Carson seems like quite a find even for your typical preseason darling. The ravings reminds me of Doug Baldwin's rookie year.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3asl345f said:
Carson seems like quite a find even for your typical preseason darling. The ravings reminds me of Doug Baldwin's rookie year.

It's this kind of stuff right here (being continually able to find apparent impact players in the rough) that truly impresses me about John Schneider and his staff. Year after freaking year of finding prize winning flowers in the weeds where seemingly NO ONE else is looking. It truly is amazing.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think John and Pete and their respective staffs are not only talented, they're workaholics. They just keep grinding to get those results.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
sc85sis":31klwt9z said:
I think John and Pete and their respective staffs are not only talented, they're workaholics. They just keep grinding to get those results.

No question about it -- I think Schneider said it best in his very first press conference right after he was hired, "We're going to be everywhere and in on everything." That has absolutely shown itself to be 100% true.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
gowazzu02":1ch8j7oo said:
Seymour":1ch8j7oo said:
Great story and there is one every year, but he's got an uphill battle with the players ahead of him.

Yup there are always camp heros, especially at rb. Last year it was Pope (thats his name right?) year prior, T Rawls, years prior Ware, even all the way back to Forsett.

That's why I would never recommend spending real draft capital on a RB.... altho after saying that I do remember Lynch and AP were first round picks. I guess that spits in the face of my argument.

Well, in fairness, Rawls has proved himself our starter, and did a solid job at it too. And Forsett went on to be a starter in the league elsewhere for years. So the first paragraph kind of puts a dent into the second as I see it.

I'd love to see this guy break out and become a superstar a la Doug Baldwin. :irishdrinkers:

ACFan

Reaction score
Still way early, but the buzz Carson is creating seems legit, moreso than the Pope hype of last year, more substance.

They may well have found another steal at RB to go along with Collins, who I expect to prove himself as such this year.

Collins and Carson may be the youth movement the future backfield is built on.

I'll honestly be surprised if Prosise isn't injured, traded or released before the regular season starts, call it a hunch.

I think we start the regular season with Lacy, Rawls, Collins and Carson, with the bottom half of that ticket playing an increasingly important role as the season wears on.

getnasty

Reaction score
ACFan":29firx20 said:
Still way early, but the buzz Carson is creating seems legit, moreso than the Pope hype of last year, more substance.

They may well have found another steal at RB to go along with Collins, who I expect to prove himself as such this year.

Collins and Carson may be the youth movement the future backfield is built on.

I'll honestly be surprised if Prosise isn't injured, traded or released before the regular season starts, call it a hunch.

I think we start the regular season with Lacy, Rawls, Collins and Carson, with the bottom half of that ticket playing an increasingly important role as the season wears on.

Prosise has the least chance of any running back we have on our roster of being released, traded now hurt might be another story but he's not going anywhere. Looks like it might come down to Rawls versus Collins if this kid keeps it up.

MOSES

Reaction score
I remember seeing him at Oklahoma State.... Then I saw highlight reels after we drafted him and all I could think is "How did this guy fall to the 7th round?"

This could be a major steal. The guy seemed to run well against good college competition. Verrrrrry interesting.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is nothing but positive for the team if this young player can grab a spot on the team. I'm excited by this news. It would be awesome if Carson is a reliable thumper who adds to the team depth or grabs a roster spot or even a situational starting role.

The RB depth is significantly improved this season competition for roster spots will be intense. We hear of solid performances from different players daily, which is great news.

Collins has come to camp ready for a fight and it would seem that Lacy and Rawls are already in one, and that Lacy is winning the weight war and is unhampered by any lingering injury. Mike Davis is a dark horse for the battle too.

The only guy that is continuing to disappoint in terms of reliability is Prosise, he needs to toughen up, or get luckier.

hawk45

Reaction score
The YouTube videos out there don't blow you away, especially with respect to speed, but he seems to run behind his pads well, god help the CB who meets him in the second level.

Seems to be able to jump high, I don't recall seeing that many hurdle attempts in draft footage.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Excited to see Carson (and the WR, David Moore) in pre-season action.

Word of caution: We hear these things every pre-season, so take it with a grain of salt. Some in here freaked out last season when they waived Pope after he looked good vs 3rd and 4th string players.

Baldwin's comments are intriguing. That is a good sign.