Chicago White Sox @ Seattle Mariners Jun 10-13...

bileever

Reaction score
Still sad about losing Matt Brash for the season. Can you imagine what our pitching situation looks like if we had Brash? Stanek-Brash-Munoz? 7th, 8th and 9th innings, taken care of.

Chapow

Reaction score
Still sad about losing Matt Brash for the season. Can you imagine what our pitching situation looks like if we had Brash? Stanek-Brash-Munoz? 7th, 8th and 9th innings, taken care of.

Gregory Santos was also supposed to be a key piece of the bullpen this season, but hasn't even played yet due to setbacks in his recovery. I guess they're hoping he'll be good to go sometime in July if there are no more setbacks.

Chapow

Reaction score
We could move Rojas to 2nd

That could be an option if they were able to acquire a clear upgrade at 3rd. At this point though, Geno isn't a clear upgrade, and honestly, is probably a down grade. I like Geno a lot, so I don't like saying that, but it is what it is. 🤷‍♂️

Ruminator

Reaction score
I still can't tell if we're a good team or if we are pretty much te same team as last year but with a little better pitching and our division is just really bad vs previous years. We're winning games we should win but lost against good teams in the Yankees, Royals, Baltimore, Cleveland. Obviously at the end of the day your in it to win it if we make the play offs. Wondering if moves make us beat the better teams.
Should have at least a slightly clearer picture of just how good the M's are by June 20, the date their series vs. Rangers and Guardians conclude.

Chapow

Reaction score
I still can't tell if we're a good team or if we are pretty much te same team as last year but with a little better pitching and our division is just really bad vs previous years. We're winning games we should win but lost against good teams in the Yankees, Royals, Baltimore, Cleveland. Obviously at the end of the day your in it to win it if we make the play offs. Wondering if moves make us beat the better teams.

We've also won series against the Braves, Royals, Rangers, Astros, etc. and split a 4 game series against the Yankees in NY. So yeah, we've lost to some good teams, but we've also won against some good teams.

That's why I found the off season so frustrating. They got rid of our 2 most productive hitters not named Julio (in Teo and Geno), and replaced those guys with players that just can't stay healthy and even when they are healthy, aren't clear upgrades. If they had been willing to spend a bit more, this team could've been really good. But nope, once again they were content to go cheap and hope the pitching was good enough to carry the team. And honestly, it's kind of worked out so far (results/standings wise), but that doesn't change the fact that we have one of the worst offenses in the league. Just imagine if this team had an average offense. We'd probably legitimately be one of the best teams in baseball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Rojas has absolutely owned 3B. I love Geno but where do you put him?
Rojas does not hit LHs well at all and Geno plays great D still..
You alternate between the two on pitching matchups - Rojas on RHs
Geno on LHs.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Hancock called up and starting tonite, Castillo pushed back a day. Guess we're risking the 4 game sweep to have Castillo pitch against the Rangers. I can dig it.

Last edited:

Crizilla

Reaction score
The worst team in baseball literally has a better offense than the Ms.

Chapow

Reaction score
They scored a run against a starting pitcher. I will remember this day for the rest of my life. Simply amazing.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Love Dmo as a person, dude has a family, etc. God bless him but he shouldn't be in the top half of the line up if in the line up at all.
Locklear was my prediction on who would be called up next. Dude is killing it so far, small sample size though

Chapow

Reaction score
Overall a really nice outing from Hancock tonight.