Champs: Is it as good as you suspected it would be?

Kakaww

Reaction score
Well let's see, my previous fan highs were:

1979 Sonics title
1980 Miracle on Ice
1983-84 Hawks
1991 Huskies
1995 Mariners (heartbreak)
1996 Sonics (heartbreak)
2001 Mariners (heartbreak)
2005 Hawks (heartbreak)
2012 Hawks (heartbreak)

I just have to smile every time I see mention of the Super Bowl victory, especially in how much of a dominating beat down it was. Absolutely my favorite fan moment, though watching some of the other great Seattle teams were exhilarating as well, they often ended in tragedy (Mutombo celebrating in 1994 anyone?)

I just hope the ride keeps going for a while longer. Mediocrity is so much harder to deal with after tasting such sweet success. I've yet to recover from the 2001 Mariners failure. After a lifetime of playing, reffing, coaching and watching baseball, my love for the game took a shot that year and has yet to recover.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It'll be even more enjoyable if we get through free agency without too much damage to the roster.

12thMode

Reaction score
It was on my bucket list of things to happen before I die that I can not control...Me: "Dear Football Gods, All I want before I die is a Seahawks Super Bowl Championship win!" Now I can die happy!? But the thing is, this victory did not quench my thirst like I thought it would, Don't get me wrong I am more than happy about having a Lombardi trophy in Seattle, but the game wasn't even close, we dominated in all aspects of the game, I guess I am so used to nail bitters or disappointments. After winning the Super Bowl I can get used to this! I WANT MORE DAMN IT! What's Next!!!?

drdiags

Reaction score
It still hasn't sunk in. Has me wishing I was in my early 20's so I could see what the next 38 years will look like. Do the Seahawks develop a deep history and tradition that allows them to become one of those revered franchises? What happens when Paul Allen/Pete Carroll and John Schneider are no longer part of the franchise?

I am happy for all the fans going forward. Putting things into perspective, imagine how the Vikings or Bills fans must feel, making the Superbowl 4 times and losing? I would hope to see 2 more championships before leaving this planet. That puts you in the NY Giants and Washington franchises for Superbowl victories (I think), along with the Raiders. May not put you in the Pittsburgh, Dallas or 9ers group, but you are breathing down the Packers neck.

I think I can realistically count on another decade of Seahawks football and I look forward to what it becomes. The past decade had highs, then lows then highs. Hope the franchise can keep things in the highs.

So I guess in summary, it was better than I thought it would be. There were no doubts regarding the Superbowl. I still hear crap from my father (Chicago native) and other dweebs about "if" the 9ers blah blah "4 more inches", Stephen A/Skip Bayless crap but it wouldn't be true Seahawks football if acceptance was universal. So the Lombardi isn't tarnished but there is a smudge here and there. I can live with that.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Smith and Bayless stole that "4 more inches" phrase from their wives.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
One thing I might add........outside of the obvious things people want in life, good life for their kids, a good spouse, good health etc......you know, the 'givens' as I call them.....there were really only two things I ever wanted in life. One was to own a Harley and I was fortunate enough to realize that in March of '09 and the other was for the Hawks to win a Super Bowl. I can die now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2kjo7f3f said:
One thing I might add........outside of the obvious things people want in life, good life for their kids, a good spouse, good health etc......you know, the 'givens' as I call them.....there were really only two things I ever wanted in life. One was to own a Harley and I was fortunate enough to realize that in March of '09 and the other was for the Hawks to win a Super Bowl. I can die now.
Cool but you can't go yet...... More Lombardi's to be won! :)

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
I've been very cunning in milking this championship feeling. I'm not always the easiest guy to get a hold of and that is by design. Yesterday, an old bro from B'ham called me and I felt the time was right to speak with him. His first question "you do know we won the SB, right"? His second question "Why have you not called"?.

My answer: Because now you and I are going to go through the whole game and I am going to re-live it like it was yesterday. LOL. And that is exactly what we did. For an hour I paced back and forth across the living room. Goosebumps anew. It was awesome and I still have a couple friends I've intentionally not yet spoken with about the game for the same reason. I'm going to try to do this once a week and would advise this tactic to anyone that lives outside of Washington and/or away from old Hawk-fan buddies (after we win it again next year).

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Kakaww":2z5ldnb0 said:
Well let's see, my previous fan highs were:

1979 Sonics title
1980 Miracle on Ice
1983-84 Hawks
1991 Huskies
1995 Mariners (heartbreak)
1996 Sonics (heartbreak)
2001 Mariners (heartbreak)
2005 Hawks (heartbreak)
2012 Hawks (heartbreak)

I just have to smile every time I see mention of the Super Bowl victory, especially in how much of a dominating beat down it was. Absolutely my favorite fan moment, though watching some of the other great Seattle teams were exhilarating as well, they often ended in tragedy (Mutombo celebrating in 1994 anyone?)

I just hope the ride keeps going for a while longer. Mediocrity is so much harder to deal with after tasting such sweet success. I've yet to recover from the 2001 Mariners failure. After a lifetime of playing, reffing, coaching and watching baseball, my love for the game took a shot that year and has yet to recover.
Ray j expression

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2zuublb7 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2zuublb7 said:
Cool but you can't go yet...... More Lombardi's to be won! :)
OK, you talked me into it. :th2thumbs:

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
It feels incredible. I can't say if it's better than I expected or not though because I honestly couldn't imagine how it would feel to finally have that weight lifted but now that is has, it feels damn, damn good! I love watching NFL Network and seeing the "Seattle fans...your Seahawks just won the Super Bowl.." commercial, it never gets old. I loved wearing my Hawk stuff in Vegas in seeing other 12s and having that instant connection with somebody. Even my wife who couldn't stand football when I first starting dating her even expressed a desire to get a Hawks jersey after watching the parade with me because she felt so happy seeing everybody line the streets and how much it menat to so many people and even wants to join me in the Clink next year for a game to experience that atmosphere.

two dog

Reaction score
I don't know, it's still happening. It's sort of like when as a kid I slipped and fell
into an irrigation canal. Can't truly believe it happened and how much it alters
your view of the world. But this is a LOT more fun.

I swear I've spent about half of my yearly GPA on super bowl gear. Have you
seen that full size nickel plated replica of the Lombardi ? I don't think the $300+
price tag would bother my lady much but displaying it permanently might.
I'm probably gonna find out.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":3vo58akx said:
I've been very cunning in milking this championship feeling. I'm not always the easiest guy to get a hold of and that is by design. Yesterday, an old bro from B'ham called me and I felt the time was right to speak with him. His first question "you do know we won the SB, right"? His second question "Why have you not called"?.

My answer: Because now you and I are going to go through the whole game and I am going to re-live it like it was yesterday. LOL. And that is exactly what we did. For an hour I paced back and forth across the living room. Goosebumps anew. It was awesome and I still have a couple friends I've intentionally not yet spoken with about the game for the same reason. I'm going to try to do this once a week and would advise this tactic to anyone that lives outside of Washington and/or away from old Hawk-fan buddies (after we win it again next year).
I wish this site had a like button.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
It is huge and we are still so close to it that the perspective of living through it will not sink in until much later.

Think of all the 9ers or Cowboy trolls that haven't seen their team win a Super Bowl - or were very young since it last occurred.

Latest posts