CB: Not a big need, but will be an INSANE effect

Ruminator

Reaction score
Some folks aren't keen on the acquisition of a CB with our first pick, saying it's not a need.

Is a CB a critical need? No. BUT... is the addition of this particular player, Witherspoon, to the Seahawks' backfield likely to dramatically affect the way opposing QBs and WRs try to execute their plays? Yes, and epically so!

No, we didn't grab Carter or another massive body for the trenches in the first round. But you know, most QBs like to try to pass a lot, and I daresay, against the double-Ws, I think it'll be a long day for a lot of 'em.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Saying CB is not a position of need is like saying Offensive line is not a position of need. We have Guards, we signed a guy to play center. We have CBs, but what we did with Witherspoon was turn a pretty good unit and turn it into an elite unit.

I'd argue that we have one of the best backfields and WR units in all the NFL right now and that is something to be excited about.

Hopefully as the rest of the draft and UDFA plays out we can get some gems to fill out some of the weaker spots we still need filled, but for now, I'm all smiles

Last edited:

zhawk

Reaction score
Saying CB is not a position of need is like saying Offensive line is not a position of need. We have Guards, we signed a guy to play center. We have CBs, but what we did with Witherspoon was turn a pretty good unit and turn it into an elite unit.

I'd argue that we have one of the best backfields and WR units in all the NFL right now and that is something to be excited about.

Hopefully as the rest of the draft and UDFA plays out we can get some gens to fill out some of the weaker spots we still need filled, but for now, I'm all smiles

This!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Again, somebody listed as a CB is going to need to be able to play safety as a starter. We need a starting safety badly. Maybe 2.
You cannot plug all the holes in one draft, maybe this is one we fill next year.

irfuben32

Reaction score
oh, yah having two elite CB's is going to be awesome

hopefully free up the safeties completely

morgulon1

Reaction score
Again, somebody listed as a CB is going to need to be able to play safety as a starter. We need a starting safety badly. Maybe 2.
You cannot plug all the holes in one draft, maybe this is one we fill next year.
I have a feeling they'll use Mr Witherspoon all over the field .
Just the kind of Seahawk they need. Hybrid/nickle/rover/demonseed