Can't shake this loss

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Maybe I was just wrong to think of this as a "must win" game. And maybe if we win the next couple it won't matter. But for a team that's already won eleven games, it still feels to me like we're cutting the season close, and yesterday's game would have shut a lot of doors that we instead flung wide open.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Ninerg":3ss85ep2 said:
UK_Seahawk":3ss85ep2 said:
Dont forget it was a short week and then a road game against rivals who knew this was their superbowl.

We were in that game all the way and if I was a niner I wouldnt be celebrating too much. It was hardly an impressive victory. They had to be at their best to beat us near our worst. That wont happen at the Clink.

No, its was not the Niners SB, remember Colin Kaepernick and the Niners played in the SB last year, so we know what playing in the SB is like. Playing Seattle at Candlestick is not playing the Superbowl.

It's the closest you will get this year.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":mhicenh6 said:
All the other games just told us what we already knew: that we could make it to the dance. We made it to the dance last year, we expected to do it this year. But when "the Stanley Cup was in the building" so to speak, when the boxes of Division Champ shirts were waiting to be opened and the champagne was on ice, they responded with their worst game of the season. From where I'm sitting, that's a troubling twist.

This was the FIRST game in which Seattle had the opportunity to clinch the division, and it was the absolute toughest of our remaining schedule. It's not suddenly some harbinger of doom if the team doesn't automatically clinch in its first chance against a very good team in their own house. And even when they played their "worst game of the season," they still took a playoff-bound team to the final minute on their own turf. This sloppy, "off" game of Seattle's was just about all San Francisco could handle. Now, you've made it clear that you don't put much stock into the margin of victory, but the fact is that a margin that close demonstrates how this game could have turned on a handful of plays. If Gore doesn't break that 51-yard run, how likely is it that Seattle walks out of Candlestick with a 1-point win and Division Champ hats? I think it's pretty damn likely. And as such, I don't see any reason to treat this outcome as anything more than a tough, close game where the Seahawks could have played better.

The reason that Russell and Co. repeat that "1-0" mantra is because each game is unique. Individual games turn on matchups, execution, adjustments, environment, etc., and using the outcome in one game as a portent of future failure ignores that fact. For that same reason, I don't think Seattle is destined to beat any playoff opponent who comes to the Clink by more than 3 TDs just because they did that to New Orleans a week ago.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Weirdly I am over it . We got to beat the giants that's all I'm focused on .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Done and over with. WAY more important work to be done. They split with a very good team, it happens.

This should help them re-focus on the task at hand. Sunday is what matters.

Largent80

Reaction score
I actually expected this outcome and it is on to the Vagiants. We owe them one in their house PLUS we get to play a game in the stadium where we win our first championship.

:icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Aros":2basewat said:
I hate losing to that Dbag team but as far as perspective goes? Come on. We will clinch HFA in the next two weeks.

Don't you read Sports Illustrated? Harbaugh isn't a Dbag. He's Mother Terresa!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Can't shake this loss?... try a different perspective.

Let's hypothetically flip the Hawks and the Whiners records and remaining schedules.

Whiners have a 2-game lead on the Divisional Crown and they have the inside track on HFA through the playoffs with just 3 games remaining. That would REALLY suck, wouldn't it?

Now, who's got the better REAL situation?... we do, of course... by a comfortable margin.

Seeker

Reaction score
So 19 - 0 or your crying?
it was one game lol
yall act like you don't remember 2008....

jblaze

Reaction score
It seems pretty obvious to me that we've gotten pretty spoiled here this year that one loss, to a tough divisional opponent on the road fighting for a playoff spot, gets this type of reaction.

We've been on a magical run this the likes of which we have never seen. This is still reality though and we are not unbeatable.

Enjoy the season and don't get too high nor too low. Go Hawks!

p.s. We gonna stomp the Giants this weekend!

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":3lu5237o said:
I think a good solid loss will grant us another 7 win win streak kGO

I think a loss keeps everyone honest and focused. Not saying we needed this but I think it will help bring everyone together to get it right.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":21fvt2as said:
All the other games just told us what we already knew: that we could make it to the dance. We made it to the dance last year, we expected to do it this year. But when "the Stanley Cup was in the building" so to speak, when the boxes of Division Champ shirts were waiting to be opened and the champagne was on ice, they responded with their worst game of the season. From where I'm sitting, that's a troubling twist.

Yeah, I would of thought that they would have played one of there best efforts knowing what exactly was on the line.