Can we look ahead to next season now?

Northhawk

Reaction score
Several threads on different topics have included discussion about wether it's too early to discuss who we keep and who we let go.

One side argues that the post season started Monday and we should be discussing what moves need to be made.

The other side says chill, relax and enjoy the moment. Some seem to be suggesting it's disrespectful to look ahead.

So when is offically okay to look ahead?

I think you can do both. I started looking ahead on Tuesday but I am also being careful to enjoy the moment. I've watched the SB game 4X's and read all the great reviews.

But I've also been reading and watching anything to do with our FAs and other FAs plus the draft. Funny though, I'm not as worried about it cause I have full confidence in the FO to make it work (something I never had with any FO in our past).

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Ask yourself, what are Pete and JS doing? There is your answer.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Since I don't run the team and have been living the Seahawks as long as Moon and Raible I'm going to keep celebrating a bit longer

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1qxl583t said:
Since I don't run the team and have been living the Seahawks as long as Moon and Raible I'm going to keep celebrating a bit longer
This. For me the new season doesn't start until March 11th.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think if you want to talk draft and stuff we have a forum for that, people are still trying to absorb what we have done as fans.

We are also a team that isn't high on trying to make out of the gate transactions, we will do our deligence but not try to set a market for guys rather then let other teams over compensate and then surgically target. We tend to have our internal negotiations kept quiet till something is done and then announce it which takes longer as far as news to come out then most here would like, on that line we are much happier when it does typically.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3ttnm3x6 said:
Uncle Si":3ttnm3x6 said:

Absolutey! Live in the moment. Live in the coming days and months. Your team's management brought you to this point. It is time for you to relax and enjoy.

We have a saying in Saintsville, "In Payton and Loomis we trust."

They got you here here once, don't get your panties in a wad over thinking things now, and trust.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I don't understand the debate. I can do BOTH. I'm elated, I'm pumped and jacked, and I'm excited about next year too and can't stop thinking about it. Russell Wilson was excited for next season after a LOSS. I think everyone should be excited for next season after that fantastic WIN.

chris98251

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2e9idgb1 said:
I don't understand the debate. I can do BOTH. I'm elated, I'm pumped and jacked, and I'm excited about next year too and can't stop thinking about it. Russell Wilson was excited for next season after a LOSS. I think everyone should be excited for next season after that fantastic WIN.

I kind of look at it this way, you spent all season trying to get a date with the prom queen, you finally do and before she gets her cloths on are looking at the yearbook for next years target. ;)

kidhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":36jx3hyc said:

I'm kind of with you here. I understand some people can't separate them out and that's completely alright. I am so over the top elated, I still am recording tons of NFL stuff and watching it every night after work. I am absorbing all the Seahawks talk online and getting a serious thrill over being Super Bowl Champions. I can still talk a bit about what's to come, but I am doing that more as an after thought. Basically I am still able to put in some meaningful discussion points into what's to come, but I'm not delving deeply into researching anything right now. It's all just whatever is in my brain at the moment.

I know this Post Season High can't last forever, but it sure feels like it will right now

Rocket

Reaction score
Why can't we do both?
Why is it either/or?
Kinda dumb, IMHO.

Me, I'm enjoying the moment AND thinking ahead.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":24bcfirh said:
MizzouHawkGal":24bcfirh said:
Uncle Si":24bcfirh said:

Absolutey! Live in the moment. Live in the coming days and months. Your team's management brought you to this point. It is time for you to relax and enjoy.

We have a saying in Saintsville, "In Payton and Loomis we trust."

They got you here here once, don't get your panties in a wad over thinking things now, and trust.
As you know we say "In John and Pete we trust" Serendipity? I think not.:)

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have no problem with looking ahead. I just think we can do so without going into buzzkill mode and assuming the worst about who will or won't be here next season. Yes, we'll likely lose some guys we like. And we will probably gain guys we never thought of, guys who turn out to be key parts of next season's team. I trust Pete and John to do their jobs. Pete is kind of used to guys coming and going on that 3-5 year cycle because he dealt with that all the time at USC.

OP
OP
N

Northhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3txo1ck8 said:
AsylumGuido":3txo1ck8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3txo1ck8 said:
Uncle Si":3txo1ck8 said:
Since I don't
As you know we say "In John and Pete we trust" Serendipity? I think not.:)

I never liked this line since it was first used for Ruskell. Remember "In Ruskell we trust"? So I always cringe on the line.

But I do trust this front office.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
I can do both. I'm living in the moment and enjoying our victory, but I also have a win forever mindset with an eye toward the future.

What did the team yell in the locker room after XLVIII? That's right. "What's next?" They can do both, and so can we.

HawkWow

Reaction score
sc85sis":34gqlg1w said:
I have no problem with looking ahead. I just think we can do so without going into buzzkill mode and assuming the worst about who will or won't be here next season. Yes, we'll likely lose some guys we like. And we will probably gain guys we never thought of, guys who turn out to be key parts of next season's team. I trust Pete and John to do their jobs. Pete is kind of used to guys coming and going on that 3-5 year cycle because he dealt with that all the time at USC.

Excellent point re roster turnover in the college ranks. For the most part, I have always preferred the NCAA to the pros. Helplessly, I watch my favorite players come and go, unsure of whether or not we will upgrade that position.

The pros offer a similar dilemma..but with a twist, as trades are allowable and pro teams also benefit from much more insight into a suitable replacement for the potentially departing player.

For me, there is no player (other than QB and LT) so sacred that a trade would be impossible to consider...as long as it's clearly beneficial to the team. Cuz in the end, they all depart and all that's left is the team. What some see as buzzkill, others see as opportunity. Do I have no love for the individual? Of course I do. Lynch is my favorite player. Offer us the right deal...(IMO) he's gone. These guys are getting paid handsomely and understand it's just part of the deal and for the betterment of team. I understand that too.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I saw some thread titles that were indicating things being talked about that I didn't want to talk about. I think I will go into those threads, read them and respond to them with sarcastic and smartass remarks because I will decide what topics OTHER fans should be talking about and when they should talk about them. Never changes, whether it's the draft during the season, after a win, after the champioship, whatever. Here's a novel idea, how about just seeking out and responding to the stuff that you want to talk about.