BYU QB Jaren Hall

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
A fast riser in the draft. On tape there's a lot to like. Accurate with the football, strong, mobile. He's making big time NFL throws every game. Downsize is that he'll be 25 years old in his rookie year.

I don't think it's crazy if he enters into the first round discussion

Last edited:
OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Long ways to go, but I like the idea of having a couple QB options with the Broncos first rd pick in the later part if the 1st rd if Seattle chooses to go BPA with their first pick. Hall might move up into that range.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Love him. He's got a real "it" factor... good head, great feet and a very live arm. Seems extremely accurate and not afraid to take the underneath stuff. Love the mobility. Age aside, I like him a ton.

I mean, Levis will be 24 his rookie year. You take care of your body, age is just a number... older and wiser.

Levis is my favorite right now, but I'd love Hall at the end of round 1, early in round 2, if it meant snagging a top-tier DE or DT earlier in the draft (Will Anderson, etc.).

Chevy

Reaction score
If we miss out on Levis, I would be good with taking Hall in the late 1st round.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't see his age as a problem. I really don't care so much about 12 years down the road as I do about the next 7.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but the overwhelming message was that Jaren Hall had a pretty bad game. We might have to pump the brakes on the first round hype.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20221009-122958_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20221009-122958_Chrome.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but the overwhelming message was that Jaren Hall had a pretty bad game. We might have to pump the brakes on the first round hype.
I'm not worried about the odd bad game in college... it's more about his growth, and how he comes back from it. He still completed a high percentage of his passes.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the odd bad game in college... it's more about his growth, and how he comes back from it. He still completed a high percentage of his passes.
But still... first-round hype is just that, for now. There will be a clearer picture toward the end of the year.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Who talked about taking him in the first round? 2-3rd round pick at best. He has a lot of tools, but needs coached up.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Who talked about taking him in the first round? 2-3rd round pick at best. He has a lot of tools, but needs coached up.
Matt Miller had him in one of his recent 1st round mock drafts. I've seen it mentioned on a few draft community sites.

I still like what I've seen, but he'll have to do well against Arkansas this week to get back on track.